Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Drunk 9W pax manages to board the wrong flight - without a boarding pass

Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

Wanted to fly BOM-NAG, left his hand baggage and boarding pass behind at the gate, and still got past the 9W gate staff, CISF "check boarding pass and hand baggage stamps" guy and the 9W staff checking BPs at the flight door.

Sat down in some random guy's seat and when the actual flyer showed up, the FA just told the guy to sit wherever there was an empty seat. Didn't even bother with a headcount (lightly loaded flight I guess).

The guy finally figured out he boarded the wrong flight after he landed and walked into the wrong airport.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Flye...w/34304923.cms
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:04 pm

Closest I've come to boarding the wrong flight was out of DCA gates 33 and 33A, which share a door to a jetbridge that bifurcates.

I knew there was something wrong when I was first to board but approached a completely full plane.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
These flights use bus gates and the buses aren't shared
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: Qantas, Star Alliance, Emirates
Hserus, please to say more information or are you off the topic
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hserus
Wanted to fly BOM-NAG, left his hand baggage and boarding pass behind at the gate, and still got past the 9W gate staff, CISF "check boarding pass and hand baggage stamps" guy and the 9W staff checking BPs at the flight door.

Sat down in some random guy's seat and when the actual flyer showed up, the FA just told the guy to sit wherever there was an empty seat. Didn't even bother with a headcount (lightly loaded flight I guess).

The guy finally figured out he boarded the wrong flight after he landed and walked into the wrong airport.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Flye...w/34304923.cms
keep in mind that this is reported in the times of india so there will be many inaccuracies....
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
If only, the chap just plainly walked out of the Rajkot airport without raising eyebrows? Would the 9W staff have cared at all about a no-show at gate..?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:55 am

Currently I am flying 9W almost every months and it is hard to believe..

At mumbai airport you are not allowed to cross to the bridges area without the boarding pass / stamped by security. so either you are stuck in that area or you are kicked out by security if they catch you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.