Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI 127 DEL-ORD AI 777 First Class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 9:33 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Sorry to bump an old thread, but does any one have info on this route in J? Are the seats lie-flat or angled flat?(Seat Guru and Seat Expert seem to be giving conflicting info and I can only find info on 777-200LR and 787). Is there an actual menu or are you simply asked for your choice of Vegetarian or Non-Vegetarian meals?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Air India J on all widebodies (except the A330's) is full lie-flat.

The A330's have a regional business class product with 30 seats in a 2-2-2 config with 54" pitch. These are currently deployed on the shorter BOM-SIN-MAA and Gulf routings and should be gone by November, replaced by 787's. No IFE on the A330's.

On the 787, its 18 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration, lie-flat. AVOD IFE with 19" screens.

On the 77W and 77L, there are 35 J seats in a 2-3-2 configuration, lie-flat. AVOD IFE with 19" screens.

Never flown business in 787, only economy, but apart from the awful color scheme AI has chosen for its 787 cabin, seat itself are identical to those on the 77W.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ashishp
Air India J on all widebodies (except the A330's) is full lie-flat.

The A330's have a regional business class product with 30 seats in a 2-2-2 config with 54" pitch. These are currently deployed on the shorter BOM-SIN-MAA and Gulf routings and should be gone by November, replaced by 787's. No IFE on the A330's.

On the 787, its 18 seats in a 2-2-2 configuration, lie-flat. AVOD IFE with 19" screens.

On the 77W and 77L, there are 35 J seats in a 2-3-2 configuration, lie-flat. AVOD IFE with 19" screens.

Never flown business in 787, only economy, but apart from the awful color scheme AI has chosen for its 787 cabin, seat itself are identical to those on the 77W.
Thank you ashishp!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: All of Them
I booked AI 127 F DEL-ORD for this coming early Wednesday morning. I am flying in from NRT purely to connect to this flight. I'll be writing a detailed trip report.

Interestingly, I cannot get AI.com or matrix to show an F fare for this flight. Did they stop offering revenue tickets for these seats??
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by Richklhs
I booked AI 127 F DEL-ORD for this coming early Wednesday morning. I am flying in from NRT purely to connect to this flight. I'll be writing a detailed trip report.

Interestingly, I cannot get AI.com or matrix to show an F fare for this flight. Did they stop offering revenue tickets for these seats??
F fares DO show up on Air India site. You have to select "First or Executive" in class option.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by ashishp
F fares DO show up on Air India site. You have to select "First or Executive" in class option.
I select that and only executive options show up. Example 30 July - Super Value Executive 167,927.00 and Flexible Executive show but no first. Same for the days around the 30th. I do appreciate the capital 'DO' in your post.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:17 pm

I booked AI 127 F DEL-ORD for this coming early Wednesday morning. I am flying in from NRT purely to connect to this flight.
Why, why?
Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:07 am

Worth an adventure right? I've done LH first. Vegas isn't fun unless you roll the dice.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Why, why?
Why, Why, Why not?
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Why, why?
Why not? AI F is rather nice and beats most European and American airlines.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:35 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by zakami
Why not? AI F is rather nice and beats most European and American airlines.
Ok, maybe AI F is better than others, however wouldn't a direct flight from NRT to ORD or a stopover via HKG or BKK be faster and also maybe cheaper...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Ok, maybe AI F is better than others, however wouldn't a direct flight from NRT to ORD or a stopover via HKG or BKK be faster and also maybe cheaper...
It's not about the destination, it's the journey that counts. Besides, NRT-ORD-DEL-CHS(dest) CHS-ORD-NRT(s/o)NRT-BKK with NH J, AI F, UA J, NH F, and TG F for 120k UA miles is pretty doggone cheap. Not to many AI F reports out there. I'm in the NH lounge now at NRT waiting to board to DEL. Stay thirsty my friend....
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:18 am

P.S. ANA can't check me in for my DEL-ORD flight. With a short connection I hope an AI rep meets me at my arrival gate to help me out. Never been to DEL.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
It's not about the destination, it's the journey that counts. Besides, NRT-ORD-DEL-CHS(dest) CHS-ORD-NRT(s/o)NRT-BKK with NH J, AI F, UA J, NH F, and TG F for 120k UA miles is pretty doggone cheap. Not to many AI F reports out there. I'm in the NH lounge now at NRT waiting to board to DEL. Stay thirsty my friend....
I quite thought that myself that one would like to do it because one wants a different journey and not maybe only because a certain F is better or price or connections are there, wasn't as elaborate earlier, do give a trip report on the same, look forward to reading the same...

Have a safe flight ^
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold

So, how was the flight, I am interested, thinking of booking F, next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.