Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W Int'l - Domestic transfer at DEL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:54 am
Original Poster

Hello all. Logging in after a long time. I had a quick question that I was hoping someone would be able to answer.

My family will be travelling LHR --> DEL --> XXX (within India) on Jet Airways (same PNR) and am wondering about the logistics at DEL. Will they need to collect their checked bags and re-check them after clearing Immigration/ Customs? Will they need to clear security to get to the domestic gate?

Will someone please tell me what to expect at DEL? Many thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 2:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You arrive in DEL, go thru immigration, collect your bags, go thru customs, take a right turn, show your papers to a guard, take an elevator up that is right in front of the 9W checkin desks, drop your luggage and go thru security to head for the domestic gates. Pretty painless. The new T3 is great.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by enthusiastic flier
Will someone please tell me what to expect at DEL?
expect an easy transfer....try to get the boarding pass for your onward journey in lhr....
Old Feb 21, 2014, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Thank you folks, much appreciated.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
I may also in the summer be travelling LHR-DEL-UDR, and with a 8 1/2 hour connection on my hands I was wondering whether despite the trip being on one PNR would I be able to leave the airport for Delhi during the layover?
Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by razMJ
I may also in the summer be travelling LHR-DEL-UDR, and with a 8 1/2 hour connection on my hands I was wondering whether despite the trip being on one PNR would I be able to leave the airport for Delhi during the layover?
Thanks
Not a problem if the baggage recheck desks downstairs are open.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:04 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Or you could just take your bags with you, and then appear for check-in / baggage redeposit at the normal domestic counters in time for your DOM flight before counters close - I have done that when the counters below were not expecting bags and going up meant I would be stuck in Limbo till they let me through security - you could also try a nap room at the plaza arrivals lounge or a room at the new transit hotel on which is open on the domestic side as well if you were interested..
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Programs: EK Skywards Blue, 9W Blue, LH
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Originally Posted by avm2806
Or you could just take your bags with you, and then appear for check-in / baggage redeposit at the normal domestic counters in time for your DOM flight before counters close - I have done that when the counters below were not expecting bags and going up meant I would be stuck in Limbo till they let me through security - you could also try a nap room at the plaza arrivals lounge or a room at the new transit hotel on which is open on the domestic side as well if you were interested..
Many thanks to you both, that nap room sounds pretty good if my friends and I too tired to go anywhere, which is quite a large possibility!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.