Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI to make all international flights two class, eliminate F

Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...ntenttarget=no

Apparently they've had several cases where the only travelers in F are senior government officials who demand and get upgrades.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
THis is not true.

F is only offered on the 77W fleet (4F/35J). What is happening is some routes/flights the 77W is being replaced by 2 class 787's (18J).

On routes like BOM-LHR this is a significant reduction of premium capacity unless AI is planning a second daily with a 77W (rumored).
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
my last 2 ai flights on a 3 cabin flight were from del-dxb....the first time the f cabin was empty & the second time there was one person, that too in a pilot's uniform (so i very much doubt it was a paid seat)....even the business cabin both times was almost empty....i think there were 4 passengers (including me) both times....

last year i took a couple of flights in f on the lhr-del route....once i was the only passenger & the other time there was one more person....

i really don't think there are too many people who are willing to pay for a f seat on ai....i would very much be in favour of them getting rid of the f cabin & perhaps have a premium economy section....
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: 9W Gold, EY Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i would very much be in favour of them getting rid of the f cabin & perhaps have a premium economy section....
I too think premium economy is the way forward for Indian full service carriers
Old Feb 14, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus

Of the 5 first flights I have taken to Jeddah I have always been alone. However the difference of 10k between business and first seems a great deal for a 5+ hour flight, although they hardly attract any business or first passengers.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Surprised to see F being offered on some small routes.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Surprised to see F being offered on some small routes.
this is ai....nothing should surprise you....
Old Feb 23, 2014, 10:14 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Also, with the watered down version of F class they now have, given what they launched the ULR routes to USA with, the few passengers they attracted how now abandoned them. Hopefully they will look at doing some serious work on revamping their J class service - which is today a biz class seat and premium economy on everything else...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.