Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

EWR-BOM-CCU and MAA-BOM-EWR baggage allowance (UA and 9W)?

Old Jan 25, 14, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Calling all 9W connection experts!

I know that there are multiple threads about this question. But the information is older and 9W keeps freaking changing their baggage policy .

I am UA platinum, flying EWR-BOM-CCU and then MAA-BOM-EWR. The BOM-CCU and MAA-BOM flights are on 9W. Others are UA nonstop. The entire roundtrip is on one ticket (United 016 ticket stock). But in my itinerary, the 9W flights don't have UA flight numbers (codeshare).

I suppose that on outbound I can have two checked bags? What about the return flight?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by leonidas; Jan 26, 14 at 7:04 am
Old Jan 25, 14, 9:25 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Calling all 9W collection experts!

I know that there are multiple threads about this question. But the information is older and 9W keeps freaking changing their baggage policy .

I am UA platinum, flying EWR-BOM-CCU and then MAA-BOM-EWR. The BOM-CCU and MAA-BOM flights are on 9W. Others are UA nonstop. The entire roundtrip is on one ticket (United 016 ticket stock). But in my itinerary, the 9W flights don't have UA flight numbers (codeshare).

I suppose that on outbound I can have two checked bags? What about the return flight?

Thanks for your help!
This link has all the info: http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Bagg...rAirlines.aspx

I suggest you print and carry a copy of this page along with you on the trip. Its possibile that the 9W ground staff maybe unsure, weather to waive-off or charge your for the excess.

Incase the allowance changes between now and your date of travel, you would still have a copy of the rules applicable on your booking.

Good Luck,

Fly Safe..!
Old Jan 25, 14, 10:27 pm

Hopefully you'll have no problem -- you should be awarded the same baggage allowance free on this routing in both directions.
Old Jan 25, 14, 10:29 pm

Carrying that page is great advice; you might also want to carry your itinerary separately, just to be sure that it's interlined correctly. Good luck!
Old Jan 25, 14, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you should be fine on your return leg....its the smaller airport where the staff is clueless about stuff like baggage policies....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: