Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI343 SIN-BOM (via MAA) Seatmap anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2013, 1:52 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm planning to fly AI343 SIN-BOM?

How is their business class on that flight (A330-200)? couldnt find anything on the internet.

Any other observations/recommendations?

Do I have to disembark in MAA or can I stay on board?

any hints appreciated ;-)
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
VT-IWA & IWB are former Novair charter aircraft and retain the charter interior:
http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...804j7666480j20

http://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/A...ctive-a330.htm

I wouldn't get too excited...
Old Nov 30, 2013, 3:52 am
Original Poster

hm.. thats why they are so cheap ;-)

Danke!
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:05 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
You stay onboard in chennai.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
I have flown the AI A330-200's on numerous occasions between DEL and BLR and DEL and MAA.

I can confirm that the interiors are NOT the charter interiors shown in the pic above.

Y class is the regular 2-4-2 as on IC's old A300's. J Class is in 2-2-2 arrangement but not lie-flat. Pitch in business is more than thier A320 config but less than the 777 config: so guessing around 55" or so.

The Y class toilets are not in the rear as was the case on their A300's. Instead they have put a galley there. The mid-section galley is also missing: all filled with Y class seats: 256 if i am not mistaken.

The only downside of these birds is that IFE is a bollywood movie playing on overhead monitors and the Y-class toilet is located underfloor accessible by stairs.

PS: Are you sure AI343 is A330-200? I flew this route once in March (was offloaded from the SIN-DEL flight and sent via BOM instead), and the flight was operated by 747-400 via MAA: surprisingly full on both legs.

Last edited by ashishp; Nov 30, 2013 at 7:55 pm Reason: Added clarification
Old Nov 30, 2013, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CubaLibre
hm.. thats why they are so cheap ;-)

Danke!
not the only reason why they are so cheap....
Old Dec 1, 2013, 5:26 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ashishp
I have flown the AI A330-200's on numerous occasions between DEL and BLR and DEL and MAA.

I can confirm that the interiors are NOT the charter interiors shown in the pic above.

Y class is the regular 2-4-2 as on IC's old A300's. J Class is in 2-2-2 arrangement but not lie-flat. Pitch in business is more than thier A320 config but less than the 777 config: so guessing around 55" or so.

The Y class toilets are not in the rear as was the case on their A300's. Instead they have put a galley there. The mid-section galley is also missing: all filled with Y class seats: 256 if i am not mistaken.

The only downside of these birds is that IFE is a bollywood movie playing on overhead monitors and the Y-class toilet is located underfloor accessible by stairs.

PS: Are you sure AI343 is A330-200? I flew this route once in March (was offloaded from the SIN-DEL flight and sent via BOM instead), and the flight was operated by 747-400 via MAA: surprisingly full on both legs.

330's were doing Haj charters till 2 weeks back. No Singapore from Bombay was in operation till then. Now it has resumed via chennai. Lease expires next year. Will mostly go back.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ashishp

It's been a mix of the 747 & 330 over this last year, from what i've seen of flying this route..As of now seems to be the 330.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite
Immigration and Custom Procedures at MAA or BOM for AI343 passengers from SIN to BOM?

AI343 SIN-BOM has a stop in Chennai. Where do AI343 passengers from SIN to Mumbai clear immigration? At Chennai or Mumbai?

Thanks.

Hooked.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Hooked-on-miles
AI343 SIN-BOM has a stop in Chennai. Where do AI343 passengers from SIN to Mumbai clear immigration? At Chennai or Mumbai?

Thanks.

Hooked.
BOM if i'm not mistaken. AI 343 takes on passengers from MAA and lands in the International terminal in BOM, where u clear immigration and customs. For passengers who have boarded from SIN headed for BOM, you don't disembark at MAA.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:56 pm

This flight will soon be operated with a 787 Dreamliner.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by Buttwiser
This flight will soon be operated with a 787 Dreamliner.
Dreamliner's are already piled on this route since August 20,2014.

On a different and interesting note - I recently took this option as direct AMD-MEL-AMD was costing me about 62K in Y - I opted for AMD-MUM-MAA-SIN(AI)-KUL-MEL(Malaysian) - return MEL-KUL-SIN (malaysian)-DEL-AMD (AI) - It was a friend's wedding and I had all the time in the world for travel - ws js looking for some cost cutting fares rather than time - above adventure costed me only 35K. I was damn surprised and was happy too.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
Dreamliner's are already piled on this route since August 20,2014.

On a different and interesting note - I recently took this option as direct AMD-MEL-AMD was costing me about 62K in Y - I opted for AMD-MUM-MAA-SIN(AI)-KUL-MEL(Malaysian) - return MEL-KUL-SIN (malaysian)-DEL-AMD (AI) - It was a friend's wedding and I had all the time in the world for travel - ws js looking for some cost cutting fares rather than time - above adventure costed me only 35K. I was damn surprised and was happy too.
Impressive! Where did you find it and how?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:48 pm

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by kshastry
Impressive! Where did you find it and how?
I saw the prices over Cleartrip and finally booked using the respective airline websites (AI/MH)

There are some insane fares offered by MH on SIN-MEL route (may be the recent disaster effects) - even booked a friend for his next month OCT 2014 Aussie trip on same route @ INR 11,300/- return and AI from AMD-SIN @ 26K return.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by Bioflyer
I saw the prices over Cleartrip and finally booked using the respective airline websites (AI/MH)

There are some insane fares offered by MH on SIN-MEL route (may be the recent disaster effects) - even booked a friend for his next month OCT 2014 Aussie trip on same route @ INR 11,300/- return and AI from AMD-SIN @ 26K return.
Just wanted to clarify, AMD-SIN-MEL-SIN-AMD for 39k return... I am not seeing anything similar even further out...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.