Wiki Posts
Search

Indian Airline recommendations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2013, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond

So i'm going to be in India for the month (for work, picture normal work days) of February based in Ahmadabad. i would like to go on a couple of weekend trips and was thinking of doing Jaipur, Kerela or somewhere in the north to see the Himalayas. (places i haven't been to in India.

A couple of questions:
1. What are the best domestic airlines in India. Are GoAir, SpiceJet, etc reliable (or more so than Jet or Air India)?
2. Is it feasible to get somewhere from Ahmadabad on a Friday night after work. i'm not sure how many "days off" i get.

Thanks.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold

I can't speak to your second question, but, re: the first, I have become a huge fan of IndiGo (6E). Always bang on time, which really is the must important thing for me.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:17 am
Original Poster

thanks irfan23. Ontime and no cancellations are my top concerns. However being a non-stop is really important to me because i've only got so much time.

i think i'm going to end up traveling on Air India, Jet Connect and SpiceJet. There are not too many non-stops to the various cities from AMD.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dc9703
thanks irfan23. Ontime and no cancellations are my top concerns. However being a non-stop is really important to me because i've only got so much time.

i think i'm going to end up traveling on Air India, Jet Connect and SpiceJet. There are not too many non-stops to the various cities from AMD.
ai are not the best when it comes to being on time....i would stick with either jet or indigo....
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:40 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Keyser
ai are not the best when it comes to being on time....i would stick with either jet or indigo....
OTP on air india is route and flight specific. for eg, dont ever take the 710 morning amd-bom flight if you are looking for OTP. however, the night 4am deparute will consistently get you into bombay 20-30 min before schedule.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
OTP on air india is route and flight specific. for eg, dont ever take the 710 morning amd-bom flight if you are looking for OTP. however, the night 4am deparute will consistently get you into bombay 20-30 min before schedule.
That's kinda like saying leave your home in Andheri to get to office in Churchgate at 4am instead of 8..
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:01 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by dc9703

Spicejet is very unreliable at least for the last 10 months or so. stick to 9W or 6E.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:24 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Anish
That's kinda like saying leave your home in Andheri to get to office in Churchgate at 4am instead of 8..

no no thats not what i meant. it was just an example. and funnily i stay near churchgate and workplace takes me to andheri
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:59 am
Original Poster

thanks for all the help. i'm still working through the flight choices, but i'll try to avoid AI as much as possible.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
OP, Jet is quite good although a bit expensive.
You can do a week end in Mumbai, beach, go to UNESCO site at Elephanta island.
You can do Jaipur but you need couple more days to do other towns ....
Do Delhi to mainly see the Taj Mahal.

Kerala, need more days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.