Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airway + ICICI Sapphiro Fiasco

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, QF, Marriott (Titanium)
Jet Airway + ICICI Sapphiro Fiasco

I recently redeemed points from BOM-JNB-CPT-JNB-BOM ... and being Delhi based a separate ticket for DEL-BOM-DEL ...

I landed on the SAA flight from JNB in BOM to connect to the 2:20 am BOM-DEL departure ...

I have the HDFC World 9W card + ICICI 9W Sapphiro Card

Woman at the BOM counter tells me she has NEVER heard of these cards ... and therefore, cannot allow the extra baggage as part of Sapphiro package!

I had 11 kg over the allowed 30 KG in J ... and she made me pay INR 250 * 11!!!

Can you believe this?

I am a veteran flyer ... and Global Services with United ... But is it me, or front line staff @ 9W are just plain ignorant?
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tinypsu
I recently redeemed points from BOM-JNB-CPT-JNB-BOM ... and being Delhi based a separate ticket for DEL-BOM-DEL ...

I landed on the SAA flight from JNB in BOM to connect to the 2:20 am BOM-DEL departure ...

I have the HDFC World 9W card + ICICI 9W Sapphiro Card

Woman at the BOM counter tells me she has NEVER heard of these cards ... and therefore, cannot allow the extra baggage as part of Sapphiro package!

I had 11 kg over the allowed 30 KG in J ... and she made me pay INR 250 * 11!!!

Can you believe this?

I am a veteran flyer ... and Global Services with United ... But is it me, or front line staff @ 9W are just plain ignorant?
I would suggest that you speak to Jet abt this..
I had a similar experience in BOM. I had the 9W Amex card and they refused to allow me the 10kg extra allowance. Even the supervisor was ignorant!

I had to open up the Jet website on my mobile where the 10kg extra allowance was mentioned. I gave a good lecture to the supervisor as to how to deal with customers in the service industry..

Bad experience for me.. But, you can surely escalate this with Jet...
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you are always bound to come up with such members of staff who don't know the rules....escalate this with jet....you are entitled to get back what you paid for excess luggage....
Old Oct 2, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Redacted - as I commented on 9w DEL CI.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Oct 5, 2013 at 1:44 am
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
9W Mumbai staff are usually always changing but I've always found experienced supervisors monitoring check-in desks.

Escalate this with Jet, you will get your money back. You can try writing on them on Twitter for a quick response.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:35 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
write to [email protected] along with the details. They should come back to you with a response, or will open a file. see what do they say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.