Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 1:19 pm

Still wondering who will buy Premium Eco. Indian travellers dont like to pay extra from their own pocket - KF learned this the hard way. For corporate travellers whose company doesnt pay for Biz - they wont get to travel premium eco as well. I am sure this Premium Eco will slowly go back down to 15-20% premium over Eco in no time.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Where did you get the notion that 9W and AI have IFE on their domestic flights, deovrat?

Looks like a new A320 with recaro seating in Y and C. I seriously doubt any Indian will pay extra to get more space to sit in. The catering is nearly identical to AI and 9W.

Hi oliver2002, every mainline AI flight I have taken within last year which was operated by an A319/A321 had IFE, obviously not AVOD, but its there, with a rudimentary flight map.
Similarly, every 9W flight (not erstwhile S2) I've taken in last year operated by 738s had one. Maybe my luck, but I've always got one of those birds.

The regional CRJ-700s and ATR-72s are obviously excluded from this list.

As to catering, I found it much better than AI & 9W's offerings and rather on par with one meal 9W served me in J, but that can come down to personal preferences.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The IFE in 9W and AI is very very sparse and depends on the batch the aircraft was purchased at. AI for one has no interest in and switches it off or to moving map most of the time because the licensing fees of the content are too high. 9W has it on 738 aircraft that do international service, and regrets it, because the payload and licensing fees are not worth the intangible revenue it brings.

The catering looks nice because UK is paying a bit more (right now?) I'm sure AI/9W can order canneloni from SATS, question is will your average passenger even eat it. It will rather annoy the rice and dal veg customer when s/he is stuck with because they ran out of choices.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:11 am

VT-TTD and VT-TTE have now been delivered in the last few days.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by B747-437B
VT-TTD and VT-TTE have now been delivered in the last few days.
They already have a bigger fleet than AirAsia India ! I5 was launched what, more than a year back?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:35 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Is it safe to assume that UK will join *A in due course?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I wouldn't bet my house on it - India already has Air India in *A and they would fight tooth and nail against this move.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Unlikely. SQ also kept Silkair and Scoot out of *A. There is no real pressure...?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:50 am

Programs: Jet Privilege
Arrow Vistara IFE Plans

I was recently able to sit down with Vistara's Chief Commercial Officer, for an interview, for the SimpliFlying Blog. He mentioned that they will be announcing soon about their IFE plans, which will be first of its kind in India.

Put 2 + 2 together, and figure out Vistara will probably launch wireless IFE on its aircraft soon. The front of the cabin will probably get Tablets, and people in the back will probably have to use their own handheld devices. Sadly, there is no in-seat power on their flights.

If you are interested, you can have a look at these two links for the entire interview. Cheers!

Part 1

Part 2

Last edited by Vishal Mehra; Feb 21, 2015 at 4:00 am
Old Feb 21, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Vishal Mehra
I was recently able to sit down with Vistara's Chief Commercial Officer, for an interview, for the SimpliFlying Blog. He mentioned that they will be announcing soon about their IFE plans, which will be first of its kind in India.

I was able to put 2 + 2 together, and figure out Vistara will probably launch wireless IFE on its aircraft soon. The front of the cabin will probably get Tablets, and people in the back will probably have to use their own handheld devices. Sadly, there is no in-seat power on their flights.

If you are interested, you can have a look at these two links for the entire interview. Cheers!

Part 1

Part 2
IFE aside - I would choose my domestic carrier based on in-flight internet access.

This is what I do for international flights - hope Jet / Vistara / (or by some magic) Air India does this soon...
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:15 pm

Programs: Jet Privilege
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
IFE aside - I would choose my domestic carrier based on in-flight internet access.

This is what I do for international flights - hope Jet / Vistara / (or by some magic) Air India does this soon...
Air India is actually the only domestic carrier which has discussed getting wifi on board.
Old May 28, 2015, 3:48 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
So, Club Vistara now has a burn chart as well, and imagine doing at least 40 flights in Y to get a free flight in Economy on the same segment. Check it out
Old May 31, 2015, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by A2A
So, Club Vistara now has a burn chart as well, and imagine doing at least 40 flights in Y to get a free flight in Economy on the same segment. Check it out
It turns out to be a real damp squid.....so much for the hype for this new airline!
Old May 31, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The IFE in 9W and AI is very very sparse and depends on the batch the aircraft was purchased at. AI for one has no interest in and switches it off or to moving map most of the time because the licensing fees of the content are too high. 9W has it on 738 aircraft that do international service, and regrets it, because the payload and licensing fees are not worth the intangible revenue it brings.

The catering looks nice because UK is paying a bit more (right now?) I'm sure AI/9W can order canneloni from SATS, question is will your average passenger even eat it. It will rather annoy the rice and dal veg customer when s/he is stuck with because they ran out of choices.
From what I have observed, the western style meals on Vistara are not very popular. Vistara are actually catered on a LOWER cost base than AI and 9W. Right now for economy meals AI has the highest CI followed by 9W while its the opposite for Executive/Premiere.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:45 pm

How has Vistara performed since it launched?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.