FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Tata Sons & SQ to launch India based airline [Vistara][merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1504383-tata-sons-sq-launch-india-based-airline-vistara-merged.html)

SuperFlyBoy Dec 10, 2014 4:14 am

Any pix of cabin interiors yet?

GuyFromBOM Dec 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 23972648)
Any pix of cabin interiors yet?

They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.

SuperFlyBoy Dec 10, 2014 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM (Post 23977450)
They don't want to reveal their config details, hence, it's not in circulation.

It's not like they are building The Residence on board like Etihad...

Even they released info beforehand!

ashishp Dec 11, 2014 1:11 am

This link suggests a 148 seat config. http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100951_1.html

Unconfirmed info i recd from a DEL T3 source who claims to have been onboard: 12J, 36 Y+, 108Y. IFE equipment was being tested, but i find that hard to believe (IFE).

Common in both versions is that there is 6 rows of a Y+ type product with 34-36" legroom. Interesting how this will pan out!

YuropFlyer Dec 11, 2014 1:27 am

Crazy times, in which something with 34'' is called Y+..

Back in the days (and still on some airlines) that was Y, simple Y..

B747-437B Dec 11, 2014 3:40 am

The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.

ethanhunt123 Dec 11, 2014 6:58 am

I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.

Anish Dec 17, 2014 9:57 pm

One step closer!

Vistara gets flying permit, to announce schedule soon

GUWonder Dec 18, 2014 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 23979074)
I wonder how many will pay extra for Y+ in India. If your company pays Business for you - you would travel there. If you have to pay for your own ticket - you would pay Y fare. Dont know who is the target audience for this. Or maybe they will have a auto-upgrade thing for FF.

There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.

deovrat Dec 19, 2014 3:33 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B (Post 23978485)
The Y+ seats are actually quite comfortable. I'd pay a little extra to sit on those for a short flight.

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 23979074)

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 24020349)
There is an element in India that doesn't want to be in the same class as "the help" but doesn't want to pay for business class fares; they may want to pay a bit of a premium to get away from the hoi polloi but not as large a premium as for business class.

I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run ! :)

Bioflyer Dec 19, 2014 4:59 am

Impressive Website - Steep Fares

Just checked www.airvistara.com and I must say an impressive website

Screened AMD-DEL/BOM fares and first impression is they are around 20-30% higher for each date compared to other full service carriers - Jet/AI.

Not sure what prompts them for such a steep pricing - I agree they are positioning themselves for the uber rich class and stands on enhancing the experience but 30%?

Any thoughts?

Keyser Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Originally Posted by deovrat (Post 24022374)
I did it! Booked a Y+/W fare on the inaugural flight.
Though the reason behind it was only the novelty factor and this being my first inaugural flight in any form, so I may not be the audience they are looking for Y+ in the long run ! :)

good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....

oliver2002 Dec 19, 2014 5:27 am

This seems to be their Y+ product:

https://www.airvistara.com/trip/site...300-dpi-02.jpg

Bioflyer Dec 19, 2014 5:32 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 24022639)

This seems to be their Economy - Premium Economy has head rest covers with "Premium Economy" written on them - Alas that's what I understood from the very few advertorial pictures from their website....Correct me if otherwise?

deovrat Dec 19, 2014 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 24022629)
good job....^^

now we look forward to a trip report with lots of pictures....

Hope to post it within a day or two of the inaugural flight !