Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India SBI Co-branded credit cards now!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:49 am

Programs: AI, BA, Etihad, Mariott, IHG, TIC
Talking

Originally Posted by Killdore
Thanks deovrat.

Shockingly, I am not yet an AI FFP member. I am going to wait for them to create the account and claim missing miles for the 4 flights I took this year.

As I said, I am a shocking newb at this and am just getting into the game.
First, there is a timeline for claiming missing miles (6 months I guess) ... please check the AI FFP website for the latest info. I say this because I too was late to the game..and I tried to claim 2 international trips from Jan 2014 in June-July 2014 and they said the flights were outside the allowed reclamation time period!!

Originally Posted by deovrat
Some members have reported difficulties getting folks at either AI or SBI to reset your password when the account is created on your behalf by SBICards.

Not impossible, just a hassle you might want to know beforehand.
I second deovrat for 2 reasons:
  1. I remember reading on the SBI cards website. The new AI FFP account will be activated only after a AI flight booked through the SBI AI card has been completed (you might want to check the T&C for this mate!!)
  2. It's relatively easier to request them to link the SBI card to an existing AI account...rather than..wait for them to create a new one and waste your time chasing them to activate the account (plus the point above)

Hope the above helps.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:56 am

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
@ Monkatpeace

Well I agree and have personally experienced the inabilities of SBI back end CS.

But I would like to know did you try to register yourself on www.sbicards.com and utilize the "Generate or Reset PIN" option there? - You haven't mentioned about this anywhere.

Also, providing existing AI FFP number is more or less useless as usually it doesn't reflect in the SBI-CC. But the correct card is received within 5-8 working days.

I was not required to request anybody OR to perform any type of physical SWIPE transaction for activating the card.

Cheers,
Ravin
Well, the genius I spoke to yesterday ... said I can reset/create my pin by choosing the corresponding option when calling the customer care. Since that was not a priority for me, I said I'll look into it later .

Regarding the physical swipe .. you would have to agree that there is blatant misinformation flying around from the customer care!! The 1st genius said he had to "Activate" the card before I could use it ... the 2nd genius said I have to make at least one physical transaction/swipe to be able to use my card for online/store purchases!!

Right now, I have no idea what needs to be done to start using my card!!! Any help would be appreciated.

FYI ... I need to make some immediate online purchases (have been planning them for a month now). And, I do not have the card with me right now..so, if a physical swipe is required, that would take a couple of days

Not so ch33rful,
Monk
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: Blasé..
Originally Posted by monkatpeace

Right now, I have no idea what needs to be done to start using my card!!! Any help would be appreciated.

FYI ... I need to make some immediate online purchases (have been planning them for a month now). And, I do not have the card with me right now..so, if a physical swipe is required, that would take a couple of days

You mentioned that you dont have card on with you right now - But I assume you have your card details with you

Mainly: Card # / Expiry / CVV / DOB etc

If you have above, log on to www.sbicards.com and than select "First Time Use" - Sign up here

Enter your details

You will be logged in and than on the left drop down options you would have the option of "Generate or Reset PIN"

Click there and set your PIN - that is basically activation of your card as this PIN would only be utilized during the PHYSICAL SWIPE Transactions.

This SHOULD enable your card for ANY ONLINE Transactions!

Also for all ONLINE Transactions - SBI prefers to send the OTP on the registered mobile number irrespective of the transaction amount!!

Not sure if above helps you!

Last edited by Bioflyer; Jul 2, 2015 at 3:16 am
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:18 am

Ok, here is my experience of applying for the SBI card.
It was actually very smooth and I was getting SMS alerts constantly from SBI and Bank Bazaar
I applied thru bank bazaar to get the 1500 Amazon gift card.
Here are the timelines:
May 21, 2015: Applied for the SBI card thru bank bazaar
May 29, 2015: Guy called and collected the documents. No income statements, just last 3 credit card statements and a scan of the front of the card of a "existing highest limit card that I hold"
May 31, 2015: Got an sms saying card has been approved and would reach me in 7 days.
June 3, 2015: Got a call asking if I had a Air India fying returns account, I said no and they said they will create one for me.
June 3, 2015: Received an email from flying returns with the membership number and password.
June 4, 2015: Received an email from Bankbazaar with the Amazon.in 1500 gift voucher! sweet..
June 5, 2015: Received the card via BlueDart

I registered myself on sbicard.com, generated a PIN and made my first online trasaction.
PERFECT!

Couple of other points to note:
a) I could login to my flying returns account with the user/pass received via email
b) I applied for 2 additional cards via the sbicard.com and received both the cards without any additional documentation in 10 days.
c) I received a welcome call and I asked them to transfer the 5000 odd points I earned to my flying returns account and they were transferred in like 7 days.
Probably would have been faster if I called in directly and not have asked the welcome call guy to transfer. (He did say he will request the right department to process the transfer)
d) After my first payment, received the bonus 20K miles in 20 days.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:48 am

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Bioflyer
You mentioned that you dont have card on with you right now - But I assume you have your card details with you

Mainly: Card # / Expiry / CVV / DOB etc

If you have above, log on to www.sbicards.com and than select "First Time Use" - Sign up here

Enter your details

You will be logged in and than on the left drop down options you would have the option of "Generate or Reset PIN"

Click there and set your PIN - that is basically activation of your card as this PIN would only be utilized during the PHYSICAL SWIPE Transactions.

This SHOULD enable your card for ANY ONLINE Transactions!

Also for all ONLINE Transactions - SBI prefers to send the OTP on the registered mobile number irrespective of the transaction amount!!

Not sure if above helps you!
Thanks a ton ..makes sense. I have already created the online account. I just did the pin reset/creation online.

But am facing the same issue on online transactions. Maybe I need to wait an hour or so before I would be able to use the card for online purchases ??

Error faced: Authentication failed. Your SBI card details are currently not available on our system. Please contact SBI helpline at xxx..

Ch33rs,
Satish
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bluecrabs
I received a welcome call and I asked them to transfer the 5000 odd points I earned to my flying returns account and they were transferred in like 7 days.
I once tweeted them that I needed to transfer points to my FR account.
I got a call in 2 hours and the points got transferred within an hour after that!

I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Had no chance thereafter to see if it happens every time.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:50 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Gold
Has any one applied for this basis a FD? What is the minimum FD amount required for getting the Signature version?

When I went to the bank to inquire about the process to get the card via FD, the guy there told me its very easy. No documents required. Just credit the amount in the account, fill up the form and I will get the card within 10 days. If also informed that if FD <50K than credit limit will be 70%. If FD >50K than credit limit will be 80% of FD amount. So today I went to him again and said that i have transferred 100K that can be used for FD and requested him to process the application for Credit Card. I specifically told him that I need the Signature version and not the Platinum version. And this is where the fun begins. He comes back after 5 mins and tells me that if I want the Signature version, the minimum FD amount needs to be 188K (weird number). For the Platinum version the minimum FD amount can be 56K (again weird number). So I asked him why did he inform me about the credit limit of <50K and >50K FD amount the other day? His answer - I didnot confirm the minimum FD amount. I just told about the credit limit.

I am not very much interested in depositing about 200K in FD just to get this card. Any suggestions?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by rajdeep181
Has any one applied for this basis a FD? What is the minimum FD amount required for getting the Signature version?

When I went to the bank to inquire about the process to get the card via FD, the guy there told me its very easy. No documents required. Just credit the amount in the account, fill up the form and I will get the card within 10 days. If also informed that if FD <50K than credit limit will be 70%. If FD >50K than credit limit will be 80% of FD amount. So today I went to him again and said that i have transferred 100K that can be used for FD and requested him to process the application for Credit Card. I specifically told him that I need the Signature version and not the Platinum version. And this is where the fun begins. He comes back after 5 mins and tells me that if I want the Signature version, the minimum FD amount needs to be 188K (weird number). For the Platinum version the minimum FD amount can be 56K (again weird number). So I asked him why did he inform me about the credit limit of <50K and >50K FD amount the other day? His answer - I didnot confirm the minimum FD amount. I just told about the credit limit.

I am not very much interested in depositing about 200K in FD just to get this card. Any suggestions?
Rajdeep .. a FD account is not the sole criteria for getting the SBI card. If you are not too keen on depositing FD money to get the card, apply for one without a FD account.

I had applied the same way ... the process was quick (though slightly flawed) and they gave me a decent Credit Limit.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 2, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, IHG Platinum Elite, HHonors Gold
Rajdeep .. a FD account is not the sole criteria for getting the SBI card. If you are not too keen on depositing FD money to get the card, apply for one without a FD account.

I had applied the same way ... the process was quick (though slightly flawed) and they gave me a decent Credit Limit.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Well I wanted to apply that way but unfortunately cant because of couple of reasons -

1. I have staying outside India for a very long time and hence dont think have decent credit history to be eligible for his card. Hence I decided to go via the FD route. I am moving back to India in couple of months and have some huge spending lined up. Wanted to get this card before hand so that I can take advantage of those spending.

2. Since I am not staying in India, providing them with documents etc will also be a challenge when they come asking for them.

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:48 am

First, there is a timeline for claiming missing miles (6 months I guess) ... please check the AI FFP website for the latest info. I say this because I too was late to the game..and I tried to claim 2 international trips from Jan 2014 in June-July 2014 and they said the flights were outside the allowed reclamation time period!!

I second deovrat for 2 reasons:
  1. I remember reading on the SBI cards website. The new AI FFP account will be activated only after a AI flight booked through the SBI AI card has been completed (you might want to check the T&C for this mate!!)
  2. It's relatively easier to request them to link the SBI card to an existing AI account...rather than..wait for them to create a new one and waste your time chasing them to activate the account (plus the point above)

Hope the above helps.

Ch33rs,
Monk
Thanks so much! It helps!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I think the bonus mile benefit of 20 points / INR 100, is not just for AI website, but all transactions under AI- IVR, City office, etc.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:47 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
I think the bonus mile benefit of 20 points / INR 100, is not just for AI website, but all transactions under AI- IVR, City office, etc.
Agree... got this on the SBI website : "20 Reward Points for every Rs. 100 spent on Air India Tickets.".

The above however does not quote the sources for the AI tickets (what about travel websites like goibibo,...)?? Need to sift through T&C!!

Ch33rs,
Monk
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:52 am

Lightbulb

Thanks a ton ..makes sense. I have already created the online account. I just did the pin reset/creation online.

But am facing the same issue on online transactions. Maybe I need to wait an hour or so before I would be able to use the card for online purchases ??

Error faced: Authentication failed. Your SBI card details are currently not available on our system. Please contact SBI helpline at xxx..

Ch33rs,
Satish
Any help on this? It's been 4 days since I received my card .. still unable to make online transactions . I haven't got the chance to do a physical swipe yet...which might take a couple of days.

Look forward to suggestions ...

Thanks,
Monk
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Blasé..
The above however does not quote the sources for the AI tickets (what about travel websites like goibibo,...)
You only receive 20miles/100rs on AI website/IVR/city office - For transactions on any other TA/OTA it is 4miles/100Rs.

Monk - I guess I would put my arms on your issue as "Authentication Failure" now desperately requires an intervention from SBI team and you need lot of luck and patience to sort it with them!! All d best mate!!

Cheers!!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rajdeep181
An acquaintance of mine got this card on the basis of FD. He has no prior credit history and this is his first credit card.
He got told that 80% amount above 100K will be credit limit and he made a 200K FD. Got approved for the card.

He didn't ask nor was he told about the minimum FD amount criteria though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.