31K JPMiles Going to Waste?

Old Jul 5, 13, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL
31K JPMiles Going to Waste?

I used to fly Jet Airways from MAA-JFK but after they axed the MAA-Brussels Route Jet Airways is a pain. I now fly Cathay Pacific.

Anyway I have 31k jp miles, and was wondering if there is any way to transfer them, or use them for different airlines. The Jet website is pretty bad and confusing compared to other program websites. Has anyone redeemed jpmiles for non-jet airways flights before?
Old Jul 5, 13, 11:44 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Can be done. IMHO, JP miles are probably better spent on partner airlines or domestic redemptions. Problem with redeeming on partner airlines is that you can't do it on the website. You will have to write to [email protected], with your request, and if they deign to respond, then you're lucky! Also remember, bookings with partner airlines must be done 2 weeks or earlier, from travel date.
Old Jul 5, 13, 2:01 pm

Also, once booked using miles it can't be cancelled/changed. You will loose 100% of miles and cash component paid if you are not able to take that flight. So redeem only when you have sure shot plans.
Old Jul 6, 13, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
lots of good info in the thread below on redeeming 9w miles on partner airlines:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ions-here.html

Search this Thread
Search Engine: