Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What is the Status of Paramount airways?

What is the Status of Paramount airways?

Old May 22, 2013, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation What is the Status of Paramount airways?

Paramount Airways was started with great passion by a very enthusiastic Indian entrepreneur who hailed from a very reputed family.

The decent operations and the business growth against tough situation reflected the talents of the promoter and his team.

They placed them in right segment and made it as a most preferred airliner within a short span of time.

The reasons why they have been paralysed is not clear.

I pray they should come out of it and become a roll model for others.

I will be thankful if some one can bring some light...
Old May 22, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
They won a lawsuit against their lessor, and were pursuing a relaunch. However, they have been quiet for a few months now.
Old May 22, 2013, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
They won a lawsuit against their lessor, and were pursuing a relaunch. However, they have been quiet for a few months now.
Thanks for the response PVDtoDEL. Can we know how long they are inoperative? Will they get compensation for the loss and trouble?

Last edited by becmdu; May 22, 2013 at 10:31 pm Reason: completion
Old May 23, 2013, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
However, they have been quiet for a few months now.
its been more than a few months now....would be interesting to know what they do next....
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
its been more than a few months now....would be interesting to know what they do next....
It is of paramount importance.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Paramount was a full service airline in the short segments they served. With the current high fixed costs, they will not be able to operate profitably. After they left the existing carriers have expanded enough to serve their markets. Plus Air Asia is entering the market. I give Paramount little or no chance to restart, even if they do it will be only as a no-frills carrier.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.