Search

Jet Airways Citi upgrade vouchers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Jet Airways Citi upgrade vouchers

Just been told by Citi that they will no longer extend the Citi Jet Airways upgrade vouchers.

I was advised by them last month that they would. Can anyone confirm if they have had any success.

I have 8 but only need 2-3 extended.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 6:50 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Just been told by Citi that they will no longer extend the Citi Jet Airways upgrade vouchers.

I was advised by them last month that they would. Can anyone confirm if they have had any success.

unfortunately this policy has been in place since a year. though you got to catch a good agent/manager who may still do it for you. YMMV.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
unfortunately this policy has been in place since a year. though you got to catch a good agent/manager who may still do it for you. YMMV.
Hmm... Oh well.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:17 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them

If you are ever out of India in a place where there is Jet Office, you might try it at the Jet Office there.. I got my citi upgrade vouchers extended outside India when I was travelling..
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simz
If you are ever out of India in a place where there is Jet Office, you might try it at the Jet Office there.. I got my citi upgrade vouchers extended outside India when I was travelling..
Good idea. Will give that a shot.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
if there is a travel agent you use then you can try & get them to extend it for you....most of the larger ta's have good relationships with the airlines....i always use this route....
Old Jul 9, 2013, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
if there is a travel agent you use then you can try & get them to extend it for you....most of the larger ta's have good relationships with the airlines....i always use this route....
Thanks Keyser.... I don't think I have used a TA in years now. All my bookings are done myself.

Have sent the vouchers off to a out station office. Lets see what they say. Will update.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by A2A
I got a few vouchers extended from an agent in Calcutta. But that was about 10 months back.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tirajat
I got a few vouchers extended from an agent in Calcutta. But that was about 10 months back.
Seems to be a new policy after their "break up"
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Seems to be a new policy after their "break up"
This policy has been in place immediately after Citi and Jet parted ways last year. A jet agent in Mumbai refused to extend my Citi vouchers, but I got it done in CCU (may be the guy there wasn't aware of the "new" policy).
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:23 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
This policy has been in place immediately after Citi and Jet parted ways last year. A jet agent in Mumbai refused to extend my Citi vouchers, but I got it done in CCU (may be the guy there wasn't aware of the "new" policy).
yes, the next day onwards ..
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:34 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I tried getting it extended in Calcutta, in April.. it din work.. I got that extended in New York later on..
Old Jul 13, 2013, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Done...... Rather then say which office did it here if anyone wants to know then please PM me.

Only extended for 2 months but enough for me to use them. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.