Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:11 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Applied for the Amex Jet card and the ICICI Jet card at the same time. Got a call back from ICICI within the hour and the card processing has moved in leaps and bounds.. Amex, on the other hand - no call in 48 hours, whereas the application confirmation page said they will call in one working day.. this is a new experience altogether- ICICI giving prompt service, Amex not giving prompt service..
all my perspective of the world is going for a toss..
Old Dec 19, 2012, 11:19 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I've had to ask for my corporate relationship manager to get someone over and get the form filled. still havent got a call from the amex cust service where i dropped my lead initially!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: Miles and More, AI Silver, Citi PM, Jet Amex Plat
yesterday, at Delhi T3, observed a sales executive at the Jet-Amex stall in the departure area misinforming a gentleman that the Jet Blue plus card that comes bundled with the new Amex-Jet card would entitle him to access Jet Airways lounges anywhere. Changed his tone when confronted by me. Definitely NOT the way to go, Amex (&/or Jet).
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
got a letter from amex last week informing me that the kingfisher card is being discontinued & they will be moving me over to the amex plat travel card....or i could shift to the jet card for a reduced inr 7.5k fee....will call them when i am back in delhi next week to convert to the jet card....
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:12 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
got a letter from amex last week informing me that the kingfisher card is being discontinued & they will be moving me over to the amex plat travel card....or i could shift to the jet card for a reduced inr 7.5k fee....will call them when i am back in delhi next week to convert to the jet card....
Interesting... Do the benefits remain the same? Like the 20k welcome miles and stuff?
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
Interesting... Do the benefits remain the same? Like the 20k welcome miles and stuff?
no clue....haven't called yet....
Old Dec 26, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: Miles and More, AI Silver, Citi PM, Jet Amex Plat
Has anybody received the new card so far?
Old Dec 27, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A2A
yup.. got a call from their relationship manager and he mentioned that I will still be getting 20k miles free with the 7.5k application. However, I wont be getting the additional 10k miles (for applying before 25th) if I switch to the 7.5k application from the 10k application earlier
So sticking with the 10k application!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 9:57 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpbindaas
yup.. got a call from their relationship manager and he mentioned that I will still be getting 20k miles free with the 7.5k application. However, I wont be getting the additional 10k miles (for applying before 25th) if I switch to the 7.5k application from the 10k application earlier
So sticking with the 10k application!
there are so many ifs and buts. keep it simple does not happen any more with amex
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by nrocky
Has anybody received the new card so far?
I think I got mine today - my office reported that an envelope arrived from AmEx either yesterday or today...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:37 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I think I got mine today - my office reported that an envelope arrived from AmEx either yesterday or today...
Got mine yesterday. Nice packaging as per Amex standard. Now waiting for 10K miles ...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:43 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
got the same letter today. been away from the office for a week or so now
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ngblr
Got mine yesterday. Nice packaging as per Amex standard. Now waiting for 10K miles ...
Yup, that is what it was - very nice packaging!

Card was hard to find though....
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: 9WGold
Yup, that is what it was - very nice packaging!

Card was hard to find though....
When did you apply for the card? It has been 20 odd days since I applied, I have been told that my card is under processing even now but Amex cc executive did not explain what the hold up is.

Was hoping to receive it before flying out on Sunday.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by ashesinhell
When did you apply for the card? It has been 20 odd days since I applied, I have been told that my card is under processing even now but Amex cc executive did not explain what the hold up is.

Was hoping to receive it before flying out on Sunday.
I was "badgered" by the AmEx rep continuously, starting once I applied... (I think I only bothered to apply about 10 days after the announcement, and they called me 2-3 days after the (online) application)

Was traveling a lot, so told him to hold off on coming to see me - don't recall exactly when I did the app.

They forgot to provide me with the add-on card (as did HDFC! ), so I told AmEx to pull the original app and find that data. I will not use this card unless and until they provide me with the add-on card, period.

(ICICI-AmEx earnings are much better at present)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.