Flight Review Thread - Air India

Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
I totally agree with you, I have had a pathetic counter experience with indigo in BKK where they refused to allow 1 kilo extra in hand luggage when we we were 2 pax and a small child and the child bottle water alone in hand was about that much weight. (My wife would not let her sip any other water)
My only expectation is that any agent at the counter should be polite yet firm. You can say no with a smile also, if the body language becomes aggressive or shows irritation it leaves a lasting sour feeling. I was ready to hear no at the AI counter and only requested her once to see if she could manage, however the refusal seemed more of a rebuke rather than a polite sorry sir this is not in my hand, which I think is more desirable.
Had a similar experience with a 9W agent in HKG. She refused to accept a Plat updrage voucher for a "V" class ticket. She was quite rude and the reason cited was "HKG rules do not permit this". Gave her a piece of mind to bring her on track and got the voucher accepted. In smmary, one can face such behaviour with any airline.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 12:51 am

Landed in DEL couple of hours back on AI 112 from LHR. Everything went off very well. Flight was not even half full, J even less. Push back was a few minutes ahead of schedule and we landed in DEL about 45 mins early. Transfer into the lounge was smooth for my connection to CCU.

There were proper menu cards in J, no printed sheets. I didn't try the main course but the asparagus starter was quite nice as also the cherry cheese cake. Alcohol selection was, as expected, Scotch heavy. Service was excellent & consistent. Pajama sets were handed out as well, quite comfy but the eye mask was tight.

The lounge experince in LHR was a bit underwhelming especially with the food choices on offer. I normally prefer to eat in the lounge and then sleep on the flight but was still hungry when I boarded delaying my sleep a bit.

Last edited by 678flyer; Sep 10, 2014 at 12:59 am
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:40 am

Came back on AI 131 BOM-LHR today. Another excellent experience. J was full, Y was nearly full. We pushed back on time and landed 15 mins late thanks to the holding pattern at LHR. Food was again very good. My only complaint on the earlier flight and this one was that the pillow and blanket can be a lot better.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: JJ OW Emerald, TK*G, O6*G, Smiles Diamond, IC Amb, Le Club Platinum, former LH SEN (miss it!)
I might have my first AI flight on a 787 flying C SIN DEL. This will be morning flight what to expect in terms of services and perks onboard? I'm trying to find trips reports on AI 787s intra-Asia but can't find any...

thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:52 am

We've got a return flight FRA - DEL - MEL fairly soon - in business.

Anybody flown this route recently (since AI have joined Star Alliance)? Comments / observations / concerns?

Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2014, 2:18 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are a few trip reports in 787 J for DEL-SYD and DEL-FRA here.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Ai 77w ewr-bom

I just booked my wife using Aeroplan miles on the AI 77W from EWR-->BOM on Feb 2,2015.
Looking to choosing seats, getting meal request and requesting wheelchair assistance.
Do I have to call AI USA to get her AI PNR number to be able to do this online?
Or will the CS Agent be able to help in doing the needful?

Any suggestions recommendations on a good seat on the 77w?

Your help is always appreciated.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:22 pm

Just flew AI domestic after a while. Asked for upgrade D-24 and they said J is sold out! Even the AI website was not showing any seats after D-6. Got onto the plane to find out 6 out of 8 were vacant. Not sure whom to blame for this...I have to say, in terms of service and crew AI is definitely getting better..the miles also posted within 12 hrs ^
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by wonderer9089
Not sure whom to blame for this.
this type of lying is very common during check-in....last week i was on an all economy flight & i asked them at check-in to give me an aisle seat in the first few rows....she told me the flight was full & she could only give me an aisle seat on the 15th row....i took that option & boarded the flight which turned out to be about 60% empty & i eventually sat on the second row....

i don't know what the need was to lie about the flight being full but its not the first time & definitely not the last time i'll come across something like this....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by Keyser
this type of lying is very common during check-in....last week i was on an all economy flight & i asked them at check-in to give me an aisle seat in the first few rows....she told me the flight was full & she could only give me an aisle seat on the 15th row....i took that option & boarded the flight which turned out to be about 60% empty & i eventually sat on the second row....

i don't know what the need was to lie about the flight being full but its not the first time & definitely not the last time i'll come across something like this....
Maybe she didn't want to print out a new boarding pass... so much extra work
Old Sep 29, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
could be....imagine the horror of having to type in a few keys on the keyboard....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 11:38 am

could be....imagine the horror of having to type in a few keys on the keyboard....
Or she was saving the environment
Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Originally Posted by AllAboutFlying
Or she was saving the environment
all jokes apart, i asked her before she printed my boarding pass so it would have been very easy for her to assign me the seat i was asking for....
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
all jokes apart, i asked her before she printed my boarding pass so it would have been very easy for her to assign me the seat i was asking for....
Maybe pure sadistic pleasure ....
Old Sep 30, 2014, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Maybe pure sadistic pleasure ....
that would be my guess....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.