Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Review Thread - Air India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasepl

What's AI's Tuesday logic?
Hindus of some denominations do not eat meat on Tuesdays. More common in North India....
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Hindus of some denominations do not eat meat on Tuesdays. More common in North India....
I did not know that, thanks.

There are no such complications when you're a Godless, soulless heathen like me.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 9:19 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:03 pm
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Tuesday is a rather sacred day for us, or for most of us , hence the AI / Jet logic.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Azzuristar
Tuesday is a rather sacred day for us, or for most of us , hence the AI / Jet logic.
it's a flawed logic....load 15-20% fewer non-veg meals on a tuesday....but to only load 5 for over 100 passengers is just ridiculous....
Old Feb 27, 2013, 11:18 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Keyser
Originally Posted by Azzuristar
it's a flawed logic....load 15-20% fewer non-veg meals on a tuesday....but to only load 5 for over 100 passengers is just ridiculous....
You are lucky there were 5. Some dude had actually suggested to remove all on Tuesdays. The crew really have a tough time on those days. Unfortunately that's the logic.

No non veg on Lko del sector almost 5 years back on IC.

But having done a trip recently i realised one thing which I read on flyer talk that eat a nice meal before the flight and don't give a damn about the inflight meal and it worked very well for me. I actually enjoyed those flights.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
You are lucky there were 5. Some dude had actually suggested to remove all on Tuesdays. The crew really have a tough time on those days. Unfortunately that's the logic.

No non veg on Lko del sector almost 5 years back on IC.

But having done a trip recently i realised one thing which I read on flyer talk that eat a nice meal before the flight and don't give a damn about the inflight meal and it worked very well for me. I actually enjoyed those flights.
i rarely eat on the flight but that's not the point....you can't give in to these ridiculous demands....
Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:23 am

Okay, so this is some stranger's report on a direct Delhi-Bombay-Mangalore flight. Classic, tragic and hilarious all at once:

Till now Air India was doing pretty well and I was pretty impressed..The cabin crew were also very friendly and it was a smooth and uneventful flight but alas it is Air India at the end of the day. Something was bound to go wrong.
Now there was major confusion after landing. Some of us had been issued only on boarding pass and some passengers got two seperate boarding passes.
So the AI management came inside the A/C and asked all the people with 2 boarding passes to leave and the rest going on to mangalore to stay. We did as we were told and stayed on our seats. 20 minutes later again they came in saying that an A321 had broken down In Jaipur and this one had to be sent immedietly so we had to deplane. Now the confusion was how to let us enter the terminal without a new boarding pass. We could re clear security with our currents bps so they were clueless for a while. Then suddenly we were asked to deplane via the stairs and put into a bus.
So without entering the terminal we were taken to the new A/C taking us mangalore. This we entered the aero bridge using outside stairs ( Yes I know this sounds very weird)
After getting to the A/C the guy who lead had a huge smile on his face. He was very proud of what he did and was feeling on cloud nine when suddenly an air hostess came out of the flight ( we were waiting in the aerobridge to board the aircraft) and started shouting at the management guy. According to her it was wrong on his part to breach security and get us to the A/C this way. He simply ignored her and told her that he was her superior and too mind her own business.IMO she was doing her job and what we did was wrong but Hey! This is AI...
Old Mar 5, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: Delta:PM, US Airways:CP, HH:DM, MR:DM, Avis:First, Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by jasepl
Okay, so this is some stranger's report on a direct Delhi-Bombay-Mangalore flight. Classic, tragic and hilarious all at once:

Till now Air India was doing pretty well and I was pretty impressed..The cabin crew were also very friendly and it was a smooth and uneventful flight but alas it is Air India at the end of the day. Something was bound to go wrong.
Now there was major confusion after landing. Some of us had been issued only on boarding pass and some passengers got two seperate boarding passes.
So the AI management came inside the A/C and asked all the people with 2 boarding passes to leave and the rest going on to mangalore to stay. We did as we were told and stayed on our seats. 20 minutes later again they came in saying that an A321 had broken down In Jaipur and this one had to be sent immedietly so we had to deplane. Now the confusion was how to let us enter the terminal without a new boarding pass. We could re clear security with our currents bps so they were clueless for a while. Then suddenly we were asked to deplane via the stairs and put into a bus.
So without entering the terminal we were taken to the new A/C taking us mangalore. This we entered the aero bridge using outside stairs ( Yes I know this sounds very weird)
After getting to the A/C the guy who lead had a huge smile on his face. He was very proud of what he did and was feeling on cloud nine when suddenly an air hostess came out of the flight ( we were waiting in the aerobridge to board the aircraft) and started shouting at the management guy. According to her it was wrong on his part to breach security and get us to the A/C this way. He simply ignored her and told her that he was her superior and too mind her own business.IMO she was doing her job and what we did was wrong but Hey! This is AI...
That was ridiculously funny!! But Jas, you have quite clearly never been to the graveyard of jets that is DCA. Or try taking a DL Jet on a weekend.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 8:33 am

Just flew AI 545 MAA - HYD. I think both the plane and the menu were 25 years old - the small carrot slice on the sandwich nor the sandwich itself hasn't changed ever since it was introduced.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by 678flyer
Just flew AI 545 MAA - HYD. I think both the plane and the menu were 25 years old - the small carrot slice on the sandwich nor the sandwich itself hasn't changed ever since it was introduced.
Hahah! It's all designed to look that way. Must match the 80s upholstery and decor too!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Took the flight out of the new Kolkata Terminal (pretty awesome to look at, but other than that the services are not yet ready, keeping in mind it is kolkata maybe by next year). I had 5 kilos extra luggage and needed to pay about 3000+ taxes for my flight from ccu-jed. Was asked to go to the payment counter by the check-in agent where they were unable to process my credit card, and asked me to go back to the check in counter, now the nice lady there told me she does not have the authority to let me through with 5 kilos and hence i need to talk to the airline manager, who was busy getting namastes all around. Went up to him and he promptly delegated it to a junior officer who took me back again to the payment counter and then back again to the check in counter. After which I refused to budge, all in all a good 40 minutes of running around before they let me have my boarding pass. Oh and yes I was traveling Business Class..no lounge card offered (dnt think the lounge was even functioning - not the airlines fault, bags were not marker priority) more on my eventful Mum-Jed flight later... Thanks for reading my rant...
Old May 10, 2013, 1:16 am

Question Request Review : AI 143 DEL -> CDG and AI 142 CDG -> DEL

Hi,

I am travelling by Air India to Paris (AI 143 DEL -> CDG and AI 142 CDG -> DEL ).
I had booked Air India because it was by far the cheapest option. Wanted to know any experiences from fellow travelers just to get a heads-up before i travel. Things to watch out for, things to be prepared to deal with etc.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2013, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pentu
Hi,

I am travelling by Air India to Paris (AI 143 DEL -> CDG and AI 142 CDG -> DEL ).
I had booked Air India because it was by far the cheapest option. Wanted to know any experiences from fellow travelers just to get a heads-up before i travel. Things to watch out for, things to be prepared to deal with etc.

Thanks!
you get what you pay for....have zero expectations & you will be fine....
Old May 10, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
^ Pentu, Isnt that flight on the Dreamliner? Think about paying the spot upgrade cash amount to get the flat bed on the 787

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.