Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2017, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
would anyone know if the 5kg extra baggage allowance that you get through this card is applicable on award bookings????
anybody????
Old May 18, 2017, 4:37 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Keyser
anybody????
While I haven't tried it out, since these tickets are treated as regular revenue tickets and not as Deal tickets, it shoudl be applicable.
Old May 18, 2017, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
While I haven't tried it out, since these tickets are treated as regular revenue tickets and not as Deal tickets, it shoudl be applicable.
thanks....i had 2 different jet agents give me different answers & icici had no clue....hopefully i'll get the extra allowance....
Old Jun 25, 2017, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I hold the ICICI Sapphiro Amex. Was looking online and it seems they offer some more cards now. Is this still the best for someone spending around 30L a year on it?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:43 pm

Does anyone know what the code to use is when booking on the Jet Airways site with this card? It used to be JTICICI, as far as I remember, but when I try using it, it says the code is not valid. The JTHDFC code still appears to work, though.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by L_D_M
Does anyone know what the code to use is when booking on the Jet Airways site with this card? It used to be JTICICI, as far as I remember, but when I try using it, it says the code is not valid. The JTHDFC code still appears to work, though.
Leave out the last "I" and it should work.

(Six (6) digits only for codes, apparently - as I recall...)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Leave out the last "I" and it should work.

(Six (6) digits only for codes, apparently - as I recall...)
Yeah, I tried that right away, but no soap. The error message when I use JTICIC says that the promo code is not valid. When I use the full code (JTICICI, which is what the T&C doc for the Sapphiro card says it is) the error message is to the effect of: the promo code is not valid for the date specified. Must be some sort of blackout date.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 3:58 am

So I just tried to get the renewal fee on this card waived on account of being Platinum on Jet and have been refused.

I've had the card for about four years and have been Platinum for the latter half or so of that period. The TOC page says:

Joining Fee and Annual fee is waived off for JetPrivilege Platinum Tier members.

ICICI's phone representatives have said that this means you need to be a Platinum tier member at the time of applying for the card, in which case, the waiver applies.

To me that clause sounds ambiguous and does not clearly say what ICICI maintain it is trying to say.

Has anyone who has had the card from before they hit Platinum had success getting the renewal fee waived after they got to the tier?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:21 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
So I just tried to get the renewal fee on this card waived on account of being Platinum on Jet and have been refused.

I've had the card for about four years and have been Platinum for the latter half or so of that period. The TOC page says:

Joining Fee and Annual fee is waived off for JetPrivilege Platinum Tier members.

ICICI's phone representatives have said that this means you need to be a Platinum tier member at the time of applying for the card, in which case, the waiver applies.

To me that clause sounds ambiguous and does not clearly say what ICICI maintain it is trying to say.

Has anyone who has had the card from before they hit Platinum had success getting the renewal fee waived after they got to the tier?
The below link states "
JetPrivilege Platinum tier members will not be charged with Joining/Annual Fees till they maintain their JetPrivilege Platinum tier i.e. at the time of joining and at the time of anniversary date, the JetPrivilege member should be a JetPrivilege Platinum tier member.

https://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Ter...edit-card.aspx

But guess u can surely call and check with different agents stating that at anniversary date there will be a waiver.. if it does not work, I will surely send a mail to the email stating the facts..
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:44 am

Aha, that's useful. Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I was wondering if I have EY Gold and a ICICI card can I get 2 x 10kg excess allowance for a domestic flight or do they only allow one?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I was wondering if I have EY Gold and a ICICI card can I get 2 x 10kg excess allowance for a domestic flight or do they only allow one?
As far as I'm aware, they don't allow double-dipping on these benefits.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Only the higher of the two allowances will apply.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 2:07 am

Digging this thread out.

ICICI sent me Intermiles Sapphiro Visa and Amex cards as a replacement for my Jet Airways Sapphiro cards, which I had pretty much forgotten I had. The annual fee for these Intermiles cards is Rs 5k and I don't think it's worth it for me - not looking to get into collecting Intermiles, but are there any sweet spots or such that might make it worth it?

Spoke to ICICI about cancelling and they said that they're giving former Jet Airways Sapphiro card holders the option of switching to the Intermiles Sapphiro cards, which is what they've sent me, or the plain Sapphiro cards, free for life. I don't know what benefits the latter offer, but I'm sure they'll be crummy.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 2:25 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Digging this thread out.

ICICI sent me Intermiles Sapphiro Visa and Amex cards as a replacement for my Jet Airways Sapphiro cards, which I had pretty much forgotten I had. The annual fee for these Intermiles cards is Rs 5k and I don't think it's worth it for me - not looking to get into collecting Intermiles, but are there any sweet spots or such that might make it worth it?

Spoke to ICICI about cancelling and they said that they're giving former Jet Airways Sapphiro card holders the option of switching to the Intermiles Sapphiro cards, which is what they've sent me, or the plain Sapphiro cards, free for life. I don't know what benefits the latter offer, but I'm sure they'll be crummy.
There is very little value in now accruing Intermiles for most people - for a million reasons including that you’re not getting status, poor value etc. etc.

If you have a large Intermiles balance - the only sweet spot (if it can be called that) is EK redemptions.

On the other hand none of the ICICI bank cards have good reward rates - even their super premium Emaralde and Saphiro etc. have poor reward rates.

I’d keep the free ICICI card as a backup and no more.
L_D_M likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.