Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

6A or K on Jet to HK, luggage tag query

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH

hello all
was wondering if you guys could help me with this....planning to book seat 6 A or K for trip to Hong Kong on Jet Airways. I guess they fly A 330 on this route. Had read that this seat is more spacious...is it true ? would it be a good idea to book it ? also would be flying Dehra Dun - Delhi and then Delhi - Hong Kong on Jet but different PNRs. Will they tag my luggage directly to HK ? thanks
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:15 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by ginger1970
hello all
was wondering if you guys could help me with this....planning to book seat 6 A or K for trip to Hong Kong on Jet Airways. I guess they fly A 330 on this route. Had read that this seat is more spacious...is it true ? would it be a good idea to book it ? also would be flying Dehra Dun - Delhi and then Delhi - Hong Kong on Jet but different PNRs. Will they tag my luggage directly to HK ? thanks
yes, 6A and K have extra elbowroom. however 6A is also used as captain's rest seat. So sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH
Originally Posted by A2A
yes, 6A and K have extra elbowroom. however 6A is also used as captain's rest seat. So sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
Thanks A2A
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
any idea on the luggage mate....have called their call centre but recd conflicting answers....they themselves are not sure
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:43 am
A2A

any idea on the luggage mate....have called their call centre but recd conflicting answers....they themselves are not sure
whats your 9w status?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
whats your 9w status?
its Gold A2A
Old Aug 20, 2012, 2:48 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
For del hkg don't think that an extra crew will be required so should not be occupied by crew, unless there is some special movement happening.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:01 am
A2A

standard is 30 kgs you get another 15 as Gold. check here for more details http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Bagg...llowances.aspx
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
also would be flying Dehra Dun - Delhi and then Delhi - Hong Kong on Jet but different PNRs. Will they tag my luggage directly to HK ? thanks
No they will not tag it through..
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Anish
No they will not tag it through..
thanks anish...any particular reason why they wouldn't be doing it ?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
thanks anish...any particular reason why they wouldn't be doing it ?
For bags to be tagged through, both segments must be on the same ticket number.

You could request a through check in but there's a chance they might mess up in DEL. I'd rather not take the risk.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

For bags to be tagged through, both segments must be on the same ticket number.

You could request a through check in but there's a chance they might mess up in DEL. I'd rather not take the risk.
Thanks Anish
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:02 am

Also when are you planning to fly? BOM-HKG is currently on the 777.. The winter schedule (Which kicks in sometime first week Sept) will be on the 330.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Also when are you planning to fly? BOM-HKG is currently on the 777.. The winter schedule (Which kicks in sometime first week Sept) will be on the 330.
will be flying in January....i guess del - hk is A330 all the year round...am i correct ?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 5:33 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Winter schedule like the summer schedule kicks in on a Sunday. I think it's the 3rd or 4th Sunday of the month. The months are march and october.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.