Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
That's what I heard as well.. On a side note how well accepted is Diners club in India and internationally? Many online merchants don't seem to accept it.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Anish
That's what I heard as well.. On a side note how well accepted is Diners club in India and internationally? Many online merchants don't seem to accept it.
Diners club has expanded its retail (offline) acceptance. Usually, most of the restaurants and merchants accept it. On a recent trip to Kolkata, I was able to use Diners Card at many establishments (they had a HDFC POS Terminal). Online is a different thing, all the popular Indian e-commerce sites except amazon (including ticketing) seem to accept it. But if you want to make a foreign transaction, then forget using your Diners Card (unless and until you are using paypal which supports discover). They run 10x promotions of Diners Card for certain e-comm sites which is pure gold in my opinion. You can get 20,000 to 33000 points depending on the card for a purchase of 1 Lakh. If you have the Black Card, that is almost enough for Business Class redemption on Singapore Airlines.

In any case, you would definitely want to have a VISA or Mastercard alongside Diners
Old Sep 30, 2015, 1:21 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Just checked out the 10x promo, that's pretty amazing! Let's hope it's valid for the Jet card as well.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by Anish
Just checked out the 10x promo, that's pretty amazing! Let's hope it's valid for the Jet card as well.
Their TOC says, the 10x offer is not valid for cards which have Miles as a feature
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:48 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bharathitman
Their TOC says, the 10x offer is not valid for cards which have Miles as a feature
Come again?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Come again?
Quoting the 10x offer Terms and Condition verbatim

Offer valid on HDFC Bank Diners Club retail credit cards with reward points feature.Offer not valid on Corporate, Commercial and business cards or Card with Miles as feature.

As the Diners JP Card gives you miles, 10x points on your spend is not valid. Imagine getting 1,60,000 JP Miles for spending 1,00,000 on Jet Airways
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Quoting the 10x offer Terms and Condition verbatim

Offer valid on HDFC Bank Diners Club retail credit cards with reward points feature.Offer not valid on Corporate, Commercial and business cards or Card with Miles as feature.

As the Diners JP Card gives you miles, 10x points on your spend is not valid. Imagine getting 1,60,000 JP Miles for spending 1,00,000 on Jet Airways
Got it.
Though how would one earn 1,60,000 JP Miles for 1L spend even if it were to be true?

You get 8 JP Miles for 150 INR. For all 10x transactions, 1L spend = ~53,333 points.

Or am I missing something obvious?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:03 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
But using JP miles when required never works at all for me - I am sitting on a bunch and could never use them, gave them many options for partner redemptions (*including* EY!) and they simply don't reply.

No point in earning JP miles any longer...

Better to have them ready to use in once you spot availability in the regular Diners frequent flyer partner programs.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by deovrat
Got it.
Though how would one earn 1,60,000 JP Miles for 1L spend even if it were to be true?

You get 8 JP Miles for 150 INR. For all 10x transactions, 1L spend = ~53,333 points.

Or am I missing something obvious?
Oops, sorry. You are right, I calculated the spends made on jetairways.com (24/150) as part of 10x spends
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:35 pm

Is there any maximum limit on the JP miles we can accumulate in a year for the HDFC Jet World Mastercard version. ICICI has certain caps and needs an uncapping fee to remove limits.
Old May 16, 2017, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
would anyone know if the 5kg extra baggage allowance that you get through this card is applicable on award bookings????
Old May 18, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
would anyone know if the 5kg extra baggage allowance that you get through this card is applicable on award bookings????
bumping my question again....
Old May 19, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: O6 GOLD, SPG GOLD
it should be, as long as the taxes/fees are paid through the card.
Old May 19, 2017, 2:26 pm

I have a flight on June 3 booked via points and probably would have more than 15 kg luggage. I would try and see if they allow 5 kg extra via ICICI Jet Sapphiro Card.
Old May 20, 2017, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by techankur
I have a flight on June 3 booked via points and probably would have more than 15 kg luggage. I would try and see if they allow 5 kg extra via ICICI Jet Sapphiro Card.
thanks....looking forward to your update....my flight is towards the end of june....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.