JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:35 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
That's what I said:
i was comparing to what the 9W/HDFC crew told you.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
i was comparing to what the 9W/HDFC crew told you.
Right - they *did not* specify this small caveat!

Only trying to bait people, when effectively the World card version *is the same* as what the Jet-Citi Platinum card was...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:06 am
A2A
Original Poster

Only trying to bait people, when effectively the World card version *is the same* as what the Jet-Citi Platinum card was...
no, its not the same. its lesser. for example, no lounge access on 9w/9wk flights .. if mastercard/visa lounge access is their answer, then that is not something that is exclusive to this card.

also you get 1 tierpoint per 2 lakh spend, not 1 voucher. and i don't think i need the tierpoint since i am not looking at 9w status as an important part of my travel plans now a days.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
no, its not the same. its lesser. for example, no lounge access on 9w/9wk flights .. if mastercard/visa lounge access is their answer, then that is not something that is exclusive to this card.

also you get 1 tierpoint per 2 lakh spend, not 1 voucher. and i don't think i need the tierpoint since i am not looking at 9w status as an important part of my travel plans now a days.
Precisely.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
a couple of guys from hdfc came by the office to get my form signed & collect the documents....they said they would try to get my first year fee waived....i told them it would be waived for me in any case since i am a plat member but they seemed to know nothing about that....i told them its mentioned on the jet site & they seemed very surprised....
I'm telling you, the HDFC people can make any JetChild seem to be the paragon of competence.

Perhaps that's why Jet picked HDFC (besides HDFC fitting better with Jet's new low-rent image).
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:53 am

They said card was "Free for life"...whatever that means - the World version...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:08 am
A2A
Original Poster

They said card was "Free for life"...whatever that means - the World version...
lucky you....

T&C state, free till you hold your plat tier.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by A2A
lucky you....

T&C state, free till you hold your plat tier.
All verbal communication - so who knows...
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
All verbal communication - so who knows...
this is the crux.. most of us know wht promises banking / insurance sales folk make verbally
Lot of slip between the cup and the lip !
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: 9W Platinum, Vistara Gold, Taj IC Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
this is the crux.. most of us know wht promises banking / insurance sales folk make verbally
Lot of slip between the cup and the lip !
+1.
And there is nobody to beat the HDFC folks at this game.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:32 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divinedoc
+1.
And there is nobody to beat the HDFC folks at this game.
while i don't work for hdfc bank, trust me they are not the only one. everyone into distribution of personal financial products is an overzealous bugger who wants to sell me something I don't want to buy, is ill trained on the product they are offering, don't have answers to questions.. and i wish they had a repellant cream for them like odomos for mosquitos.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by jasepl
I'm telling you, the HDFC people can make any JetChild seem to be the paragon of competence.

Perhaps that's why Jet picked HDFC (besides HDFC fitting better with Jet's new low-rent image).
+1.
So in your opinion its the perfect marriage!
Made for each other and all.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by A2A
while i don't work for hdfc bank, trust me they are not the only one. everyone into distribution of personal financial products is an overzealous bugger who wants to sell me something I don't want to buy, is ill trained on the product they are offering, don't have answers to questions.. and i wish they had a repellant cream for them like odomos for mosquitos.
Made the mistake of applying to HDFC for a loan for some equipment for my operation theatre. After all the approvals were in place the officer had the audacity to tell me to buy some lesser spec equipment from another company!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 4:37 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

ICICI is the other one. Between them and HDFC, they can make the JetChildren and the AIChildren look like superstars.

They're like government banks masquerading as something modern and friendly. But many of the real mccoys - Bank of Baroda, SBI, canara Bank for example - are far better to deal with.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by divinedoc
Made the mistake of applying to HDFC for a loan for some equipment for my operation theatre. After all the approvals were in place the officer had the audacity to tell me to buy some lesser spec equipment from another company!
What balls!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.