Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Delta partnerships with 9W and IT finish in Oct 2012

Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:17 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!

Just a heads up for those looking to earn/burn 9W and IT miles/flights on DL and vice versa.

DL partnership with 9W over on Oct 15, 2012

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php#JA

And of course, there is no advance notice on the 9W website of the partnership ending. I am sure they will send us an email 2 weeks before to tell us!

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP...aAirlines.aspx

DL sky miles with IT over on Oct 01, 2012.

http://skymilesoffers.delta.com/airline_partners.php#KF

The King Club website already has no mention of Delta in its partner list. So this is a one way street even now.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
And of course, there is no advance notice on the 9W website of the partnership ending. I am sure they will send us an email 2 weeks before to tell us!
also, be prepared for an email from jet letting us know why this is a positive thing....
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:17 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Keyser
also, be prepared for an email from jet letting us know why this is a positive thing....
LOL, indeed!
Old Jun 3, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
IT I'm not surprised.
9W I thought would last longer.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 10:12 pm

Besides it being positive and oh-so-wonderful, Jet will tell us that it was a well-considered decision that's being executed brilliantly.

They may whine a bit about fuel prices.

And the whole thing will be written in a language somewhat resembling English.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jasepl
Besides it being positive and oh-so-wonderful, Jet will tell us that it was a well-considered decision that's being executed brilliantly.

They may whine a bit about fuel prices.

And the whole thing will be written in a language somewhat resembling English.
How will it only resemble English and not actually be English?
Fuel prices aren't even a problem, considering the price of oil had dropped in May.
(I still have oil calls at 90!)
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
How will it only resemble English and not actually be English?
Because many JetChildren aren't fluent in English. Or at least their press releases make it seem that way
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Fuel prices aren't even a problem, considering the price of oil had dropped in May.
(I still have oil calls at 90!)
The price of ATF is not directly tied to the price of oil.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
The price of ATF is not directly tied to the price of oil.
Tell that to Jet. They have managed to link it to everything, especially service cutbacks, product deterioration and freefalling quality standards.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
If 9W/DL axing their partnership then maybe 9W is destined for *A and not skyteam after all?>
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:57 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by avm2806
If 9W/DL axing their partnership then maybe 9W is destined for *A and not skyteam after all?>
9W may join *A, but the end of this partnership has nothing to do with that any more than the partnership was an indication of intent to join SkuTeam. All partnership agreements have defined life.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.