Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Should i have my wife create a FPP for one time travel and then transfer miles to me?

Should i have my wife create a FPP for one time travel and then transfer miles to me?

Old Jun 17, 2012, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Going by the itinerary posted, CDG-TLV was and AF coded flight. Was it an RJ operated flight or did you miss the AF code?
It was, but after she missed LHR-CDG, she took a separate flight LHR-TLV to catch up with the RJ flight TLV-AMM:

Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Out of the above planned ticket, she missed her LHR CDG flight because of train system messed up in London so she took a next flight to TLV so catch up with the trip. Everything went well was able to able to catch up with RJ 347 and today RJ 192 to India.
How could she fly LHR-TLV on RJ? Id she flew RJ, won't she be doing LHR-AMM-TLV, unless RJ had rights to fly LHR-TLV nonstop.
I agree with PVDtoDEL that OP's description is ambiguous.

Last edited by Yaatri; Jun 17, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Old Jun 17, 2012, 5:55 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club

How could she fly LHR-TLV on RJ? Id she flew RJ, won't she be doing LHR-AMM-TLV, unless RJ had rights to fly LHR-TLV nonstop.

1. She was booked to fly LHR-CDG-TLV on AF, TLV-AMM-DEL on RJ
2. She missed her flight LHR-CDG (and by extension, CDG-TLV).
3. She flew LHR-TLV on a separate ticket to catch up with the RJ flights TLV-AMM-DEL

Or at least that is how it reads to me
Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:10 pm
Suspended

1. She was booked to fly LHR-CDG-TLV on AF, TLV-AMM-DEL on RJ
2. She missed her flight LHR-CDG (and by extension, CDG-TLV).
3. She flew LHR-TLV on a separate ticket to catch up with the RJ flights TLV-AMM-DEL

Or at least that is how it reads to me
Your third point is an assumption on your part, or is there something mohit said to indivate that she purchased a sepatate to ticket between LHR and TLV?
The scenario you paint might be the correct one, that's not the route I would have taken. I would have gone to the AF counter and see if they could not accommodate on a later itinerary on AF or one of their partners.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Your third point is an assumption on your part, or is there something mohit said to indivate that she purchased a sepatate to ticket between LHR and TLV?
The scenario you paint might be the correct one, that's not the route I would have taken. I would have gone to the AF counter and see if they could not accommodate on a later itinerary on AF or one of their partners.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 9:53 pm
Suspended

AZ and KLM would have deposited her to TLV only a couple of hours later than the scheduled AF arrival. I doubt that a business woman would not think of other options available at the AF counter in at LHR before buying another ticket.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:18 am

It's my educated guess. I am assuming that she inquired with AF about her options and was not satisfied with what they offered.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:56 am
Suspended

It's my educated guess. I am assuming that she inquired with AF about her options and was not satisfied with what they offered.
Guess, yes, educated nor plausible is harder to come to terms with. Since I don't know her, I have no idea what she would prefer. My assumption is that someone who chooses an itinerary like the one posted is either a seasoned, hardened traveller like some mileage runners on FT, or rather clueless.

Personally, I would not find a paid option necessarily better than a same day alternate flight. I have no basis to make an assumption that she did not like any of the options offered.

No airline other than BA and El-Al would be serving a nonstop route. And I can't imagine those to be cheap.
I was hoping for a clarification, on the assumption that you knew something I did not.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 7:56 am

Guess, yes, educated nor plausible is harder to come to terms with. Since I don't know her, I have no idea what she would prefer. My assumption is that someone who chooses an itinerary like the one posted is either a seasoned, hardened traveller like some mileage runners on FT, or rather clueless.

Personally, I would not find a paid option necessarily better than a same day alternate flight. I have no basis to make an assumption that she did not like any of the options offered.

No airline other than BA and El-Al would be serving a nonstop route. And I can't imagine those to be cheap.
I was hoping for a clarification, on the assumption that you knew something I did not.
Considering the itinerary schedule, she would not have had many options other than the non-stops if she wanted to get to India on her scheduled date.

I have been in this situation before, and while I would not want to pay out of pocket, I have had to do exactly that in order to be on schedule.

Besides, if AF did rebook her, then her trip would not be cancelled...
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Considering the itinerary schedule, she would not have had many options other than the non-stops if she wanted to get to India on her scheduled date.

I have been in this situation before, and while I would not want to pay out of pocket, I have had to do exactly that in order to be on schedule.

Besides, if AF did rebook her, then her trip would not be cancelled...
She might very well have done what you think she did. Contrary to your claim there were numerous one stop oprions. There is no reason to assume that she did buy a separate ticket. It's not beyond the realm of possibility to have her return trip cancelles even after AF arranged for her travel to TLV after her being a no show. It depends on how the AF agent closed the transaction.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, PriorityClub Platinum, SPG Platinum

Why are we still discussing this? OP seems to have lost interest in shedding light on the matter and we're shooting in the dark.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cal_dood
Why are we still discussing this? OP seems to have lost interest in shedding light on the matter and we're shooting in the dark.
Because it's here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.