Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 15, 2013, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SuperFlyBoy
Consolidated Info for Citi PM Card. (Currently under amendment - 28 July 2014 - SuperFlyBoy)

10x PM miles earned on the following websites:
Link here for fully updated info: http://www.online.citibank.co.in/card-offers/accelerated-premiermiles-offers.htm

-All airline websites

-Amazon.in (until 9 November 2014)
-GoIbibo.com
-PremierMiles website
-Jabong.com (until 31 March 2015)
-Ezeego1.com
-Groupon.co.in
-fnp.com
-www.onemi.in (until 31 October 2014)
-www.paytm.com (Transactions above Rs. 200/-)
-Yatra.com (extended until 31 December 2014)
-yebhi.com/citibank (Now extended until 30 April 2015)
-www.zansaar.com (Until 10 October 2014)

Also on these online/offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/PM-10X.pdf

Also Extra Miles on these Offline stores: www.online.citibank.co.in/portal/pdf/Xtraa-PremierMiles-Partner-Locations.pdf
Print Wikipost

Citibank Premier Miles Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:34 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by paragbmehta
Thats true. And that is exactly why we need more competition here to full service carriers such as Jet. God save Kingfisher
if i get you correctly you want more loss-making carriers so that there are more redemption opportunities and sign-up bonuses? One kingfisher going down is not enough?? people have lost anything from 5k to 500K miles. As a blogger, I get their queries all the time about people who were saving miles for their holidays and all that with KFA. And I don't think they will go back to mileage earning CC anymore. There has to be a fundamental reason to offer mileage earning massive mileage earning bonuses (In the USA it was the cheap miles that banks bought to save airlines like Delta/United, and then the slowdown of 2008). Americans have them, no one else does so much. With our not so evolved air travel sector in India, that is a far far cry.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by onlysuites
What offers? I am intrigued.
Originally Posted by nrocky
Please elaborate, Paragmehta

Looks like we are being ignored.

Anyway I think what they are talking about is the fact that US credit cards give huge bonuses like Chase giving 100k Avios for signup and in India we get 5k signup bonuses.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A2A
if i get you correctly you want more loss-making carriers so that there are more redemption opportunities and sign-up bonuses? One kingfisher going down is not enough?? people have lost anything from 5k to 500K miles. As a blogger, I get their queries all the time about people who were saving miles for their holidays and all that with KFA. And I don't think they will go back to mileage earning CC anymore. There has to be a fundamental reason to offer mileage earning massive mileage earning bonuses (In the USA it was the cheap miles that banks bought to save airlines like Delta/United, and then the slowdown of 2008). Americans have them, no one else does so much. With our not so evolved air travel sector in India, that is a far far cry.
Fair point. My view of reasoning was that only when you have competition of full service carriers will there be banks ready to buy miles and offer good cards to consumers. In a market lacking competition, Jet will take the undue advantage of high pricing of its miles deterring banks to buy more to offer to consumers
Old Dec 25, 2012, 9:05 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
Fair point. My view of reasoning was that only when you have competition of full service carriers will there be banks ready to buy miles and offer good cards to consumers. In a market lacking competition, Jet will take the undue advantage of high pricing of its miles deterring banks to buy more to offer to consumers
Since I am privy to the cost of miles for at least 2 of the banks, and don't ask because I can't tell, my guess is it could only go cheaper in the Bankruptcy scenario of 9W, somewhere it is fast approaching if it does not get the money from EY.

Lets not compare with the US. They really know how to live off others money.... They just print more when they need it. Similarly their airlines keep issuing miles, leading to most of the 1 trillion unutilised miles globally right now.

And yes, what is your definition of a 'good card'?

Last edited by A2A; Dec 25, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Looks like we are being ignored.

Anyway I think what they are talking about is the fact that US credit cards give huge bonuses like Chase giving 100k Avios for signup and in India we get 5k signup bonuses.
Absolute apologies for overlooking your post. Never meant that !!

Seems you answered it right on. There are like 10 card companies offering bonus miles and points based on spends in US but in India there is no such thing which hurts spends in a big way !! I always remain optimistic for a bright future
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by A2A
Since I am privy to the cost of miles for at least 2 of the banks, and don't ask because I can't tell, my guess is it could only go cheaper in the Bankruptcy scenario of 9W, somewhere it is fast approaching if it does not get the money from EY.

Lets not compare with the US. They really know how to live off others money.... They just print more when they need it. Similarly their airlines keep issuing miles, leading to most of the 1 trillion unutilised miles globally right now.

And yes, what is your definition of a 'good card'?
My definition of a good card is similar to the Citi AA (Personal + Business), AmEx SPG, Chase BA, etc.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:11 pm
A2A
Original Poster

My definition of a good card is similar to the Citi AA (Personal + Business), AmEx SPG, Chase BA, etc.
then you have citibank premiermiles for you right here... where this whole discussion started!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolute apologies for overlooking your post. Never meant that !!

Seems you answered it right on. There are like 10 card companies offering bonus miles and points based on spends in US but in India there is no such thing which hurts spends in a big way !! I always remain optimistic for a bright future
^
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by A2A
then you have citibank premiermiles for you right here... where this whole discussion started!
Issue with PM Miles is their redemption options for international flights are screwed up which lands u in the same bowl as having Jet JP Miles and hence I dont consider it a great card. Agree that there are transfer options that come up once in a while but still using of PM Miles still not that lucrative
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:08 am
A2A
Original Poster

Issue with PM Miles is their redemption options for international flights are screwed up which lands u in the same bowl as having Jet JP Miles and hence I dont consider it a great card. Agree that there are transfer options that come up once in a while but still using of PM Miles still not that lucrative
I've never advocated the use of premiermiles portal at all for redemptions of international trips since May 2012. before that, they were offering an even 10% haircut on jet airways redemption rates ... so for instance BOM-BRU Y: 27K economy ow would become 24.3K economy ow with them. The only value for international travellers is in the 1:1 redemption options, bonuses available or not. if you get the bonuses, nothing like it, but even otherwise, I'd not shy away from transferring if I needed a ticket. And they have some good options lined up for redemption: SQ...BA, if you're willing to pay the high surcharges, or if you want to travel intra US, AI, if you want to travel domestic/intl.

Most sporadic travellers use their PM for domestic redemptions, using the PM website. That is the catch, a well-laid trap, which you got to avoid, because that is what PM did beautifully, offer tons of options, and the concept of value for them goes for a toss. "Free Ticket hai". After all, a 4000 rs. ticket for 10K PM, I'll pass, but lots will redeem, not realising PM is actually buying the ticket to give it to them, and in the process, redeeming miles which would be worthy of maybe 20k rs if you used it right.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:10 am
A2A
Original Poster

I always remain optimistic for a bright future
And I'me a realist!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: JP Plat,Flying Returns Gold,Marriott Silver,Hilton Gold,BA Exec,Hyatt Gold,Taj IC Silver.
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has used premiermiles to redeeem a ticket on a full service carrier i.e. Air India etc.. If yes, then in which booking class the ticket was issued? Was it a booking class where one could earn miles? Or was it an actual redemption (booking class) ticket like the ones which the airlines issue, when we redeem straight from our FFP.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by theflyingsikh
Hello, I would like to know if anyone has used premiermiles to redeeem a ticket on a full service carrier i.e. Air India etc.. If yes, then in which booking class the ticket was issued? Was it a booking class where one could earn miles? Or was it an actual redemption (booking class) ticket like the ones which the airlines issue, when we redeem straight from our FFP.
The general census on this board is that its cheaper and better to transfer points to the Airline and redeem then do it through PM. AI to LHR is around 55k one way through Flying returns but through PM its 150k +.

Yeah the class is a full service class and not redemption class when you redeem through PM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 10:08 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by theflyingsikh
The general census on this board is that its cheaper and better to transfer points to the Airline and redeem then do it through PM. AI to LHR is around 55k one way through Flying returns but through PM its 150k +.

Yeah the class is a full service class and not redemption class when you redeem through PM.
But depending on what classes are available, you could also be getting booked into E class or S class of AirIndia which is the lowest class and you won't get 100% of miles.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GOLD,Flying Blue Gold,Turkish Elite, Falcon Flyer Gold,Best Western Platinum,Priority club Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Very very impressed with the PM and BA tie up. Everything posted overnight, including the bonus!
wow , that was fast
my wait now in 3rd week for the 60 odd K points i transferred to B.A

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.