Wiki Posts
Search

20% less for JPMiles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:27 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I clicked this link and it shows CCU - BOM redemption at 15k miles for Y..10500 is for the next one which is CCU - Nagpur..

nope.. 15k is the BOM - CCU requirement as per the chart attached by A2A and also as per the online calculator..

+1.. my bad.. I got mixed up with CCU - DEL .. its correct.. 15k is the usual miles requirement and 12k is the discounted one..

My bad.. i noticed it too now.. it's 15k..
Old Oct 9, 2012, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by ashishp
The aircraft with 20 J seats are there for a reason: babu traffic or not, these are paid for... So it is a legitimate revenue stream.
I even saw children of retired Jet Airways personnel travelling J... substitution aircraft was parked in a remote stand on the international side which required a 30 minute tour of BOM airport by bus!
You know what? I actually believe that, and I think IC's config on the domestic fleet is more or less fine. Not that it will stop the I-heart-AI gang from blaming the world.

What all of our airlines could do is to adopt the Euro-style glorified Y seating instead of the American style quasi-F seating. Good for the airlines, not so much for us passengers, I know, but stage lengths in India are rather short.

As for Jet, seeing the J cabins full of freeloading friends and family has been a common sight for a while now. They're not the Old Air India for nothing.

And the plane being parked far away is also a regular Jet thing. They love to do it. Why inconvenience employees when passengers can be inconvenienced instead?

I am not joking when I say it can take more time to get from aircraft to terminal when flying Jet than to fly between Bombay and several places.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:59 am
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by jasepl
Y...........

I am not joking when I say it can take more time to get from aircraft to terminal when flying Jet than to fly between Bombay and several places.
+1..

Just for that one.. I once remember flying BLR MAA (a 45 minutes flight).. the flight was parked so far off in BLR that I thought, by the time my bus ride takes me to the plane, my brother could have driven me all the way to MAA.. lol.. I know Im exaggerating, but that's how it felt that time.. but it wasn't jet that time, it was Spicejet..
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:27 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
these remote stand things are not entirely airline doing. lack of parking space, dom/intl operations, airports not designed for the same and lack of towing or taxiing permission of aircraft from one terminal to the other by airport authorities are some of the reasons for the same.

say an intl flight arrives into bombay at 4 am and it has to be prepped for a 6 am domestic departure. asking bombay atc for towing permission at that time, they will respond with call after 4 hours. now would you rather inconvenience your passengers a little or would you not utilise your aircraft for 4 hours. you know who wins all the time.

delhi airport fortunately has not been a problem till now atleast, and it is much easier to move aircraft between the intl and domestic parts of t3.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:31 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
these remote stand things are not entirely airline doing. lack of parking space, dom/intl operations, airports not designed for the same and lack of towing or taxiing permission of aircraft from one terminal to the other by airport authorities are some of the reasons for the same.
in the example i quoted, it was a diff case. The change of aircraft was because of higher loads in J which required an aircraft swap. THe aircraft that was bought in was the one being used for the SIN-BOM rotation.

Now that larger load in J was not exactly commercial load!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by simz
+1..
Guys, this is going OT now
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:24 am

say an intl flight arrives into bombay at 4 am and it has to be prepped for a 6 am domestic departure. asking bombay atc for towing permission at that time, they will respond with call after 4 hours. now would you rather inconvenience your passengers a little or would you not utilise your aircraft for 4 hours. you know who wins all the time.
I understand all that, to a point.

But Jet seem to have made it a policy. Presumably because its cheaper.

And whilst ATC and the tower and the airport might all have their lopsided way of doing things, Jet have long been the largest tenant at Sahar. Yet they seem unable (unwilling?) to exercise any clout. Especially when it comes to passenger conveniences, I have to go with unwillingness, because that seems to be their attitude all around.

The domestic flights at peak hours are one thing. But even the Hong Kong and Singapore flights almost never have a boarding bridge, Brussels often doesn't and London too on occasion. Whilst all the other airlines, including AI, are happily docked at a gate. Hell, the Bangkok flight that arrives in the afternoon is parked at a hard stand, at a time when Sahar is deserted. The only other plane is the Indigo - also from Bangkok - and that's at a gate.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 2:45 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by jasepl

I understand all that, to a point.

But Jet seem to have made it a policy. Presumably because its cheaper.

And whilst ATC and the tower and the airport might all have their lopsided way of doing things, Jet have long been the largest tenant at Sahar. Yet they seem unable (unwilling?) to exercise any clout. Especially when it comes to passenger conveniences, I have to go with unwillingness, because that seems to be their attitude all around.

The domestic flights at peak hours are one thing. But even the Hong Kong and Singapore flights almost never have a boarding bridge, Brussels often doesn't and London too on occasion. Whilst all the other airlines, including AI, are happily docked at a gate. Hell, the Bangkok flight that arrives in the afternoon is parked at a hard stand, at a time when Sahar is deserted. The only other plane is the Indigo - also from Bangkok - and that's at a gate.

All the regional air India intl flights also don't get boarding bridges except a couple. The long haul flights of jet you are mentioning I believe are all the night flights. The reason is with only so many aero bridges and all the intl airlines flying in at night, gates are given on a rotational quota basis and some days a Lufthansa for eg, will be at gate and some days at remote stand. The problem with air India and jet is that with the number of intl departures, their quota kind of gets used up at odd time intl departures and at peak time all they get us 1-2 gates.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Jet Airways 20% discount on online redemption of miles

Has anyone done this already?

I booked 2 tickets for Mumbai - Goa just now which was for 16k miles total and all the miles got debited from my account instead of 12.8k since 3200 miles equate to the 20% discount.

Will be good to get feedback of others who have redeemed recently and hope its not another series of arguments with those monkeys at Jet

Cheers
Parag
Old Dec 16, 2012, 2:51 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by paragbmehta

I booked 2 tickets for Mumbai - Goa just now which was for 16k miles total and all the miles got debited from my account instead of 12.8k since 3200 miles equate to the 20% discount.

Will be good to get feedback of others who have redeemed recently and hope its not another series of arguments with those monkeys at Jet

Cheers
Parag
I redeemed recently and did avail the 20% discount.. I booked BLR - CCU and instead of the usual 12k miles, I paid 9.6k miles for adults, and 6k for child..

Mind it Parag, that the 20% is not available necessarily on all flights at all times.. but the miles they show you while booking is what they will charge you.. I was shown 9.6k miles for the sector, which I knew to be a 20% discount.. if they showed you 16K, then that is after discount, or the discount is not available.. there is not secret refund of 20%.. hope this helps..
Old Dec 16, 2012, 7:57 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI

Cheers
Parag
what dates did you book for? if you are booking and travelling before mar 31 2013 only then the 20 percent off is valid.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
booked for jan and hence the surprise AJ

Simz - i dont think they can do a discount as they want when they are doing an open promotion.

Seems another long fight with those idiots
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:25 pm

Simz - i dont think they can do a discount as they want when they are doing an open promotion.

Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:08 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI

Why a fight? BOM-GOI is 5k miles in Y, so 4K is the correct amount they charged.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by A2A
Why a fight? BOM-GOI is 5k miles in Y, so 4K is the correct amount they charged.
Yup - My mistake on that one. Checked their mileage calculator and it says it is 5k miles each

Stand corrected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.