Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anybody flew the Nokia Lumia branded Jet airways flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:50 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI

I don't know if you all spotted this plane or travelled in it of late. want to know what the livery looks like!

Last edited by A2A; Jan 5, 2012 at 6:14 am Reason: bad link
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:13 am
A2A
Original Poster

deleted

Last edited by A2A; Jan 5, 2012 at 6:15 am Reason: duplicate
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
where was this????
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
What a gross-looking layout - glad I didn't see it!

Originally Posted by Keyser
where was this????
Looks like DOH - note the QR steps on the right in the photograph...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:52 pm

Wow. Cheap tacky ads both inside and out now. One step closer to the transformation into JetRyan.

Although, given Jet's whorish penchant for spreading her legs ever wider to accommodate everyone who wants a go at her communal entrance, I like the sound of EasyJet more!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jasepl
Wow. Cheap tacky ads both inside and out now. One step closer to the transformation into JetRyan.

Although, given Jet's whorish penchant for spreading her legs ever wider to accommodate everyone who wants a go at her communal entrance, I like the sound of EasyJet more!
Yes, noticed the ads now on the forward bulkheads in the biz cabin on domestic flights a month ago - not good...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, noticed the ads now on the forward bulkheads in the biz cabin on domestic flights a month ago - not good...
The J bulkhead ads are ironic, because I don't think Jet even serve Chivas!

They've got them all over Economy too, on each traytable:

Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:30 pm

The only ads I saw were for Tata vehicles - not flown so much domestic lately...
Old Jan 6, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
So much for Jet trying to be the SQ of India!

Saying that Jet have always advertised. I remember in 2008 when i flew in F,during taxi and takeoff they had mutilple adverts showing on their IFE!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:08 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d3vski
So much for Jet trying to be the SQ of India!

Saying that Jet have always advertised. I remember in 2008 when i flew in F,during taxi and takeoff they had mutilple adverts showing on their IFE!
IFE adverts yes, but not in-cabin advtg
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by A2A
IFE adverts yes, but not in-cabin advtg
Correct.

Much like IT used to do for Malya's non-alcoholic products with the same brand name as their alcoholic ones!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:25 am
Suspended

It is tacky and ugly looking indeed. But what's branded about it? Branding is more than physically labelling, painting a brand.

The clutter destroys all visual. It's quite a shock to be yelled at by an unrelated gaudy display as one walks up to one's gate. It scream juvenile. The feeling you get from a familiar look of your aircraft as you walk up to a gate at an outstation airport has value, which is lost on those who thought of the idea. By the age of three, my son, could identify major airlines by their logo and colour scheme although he couldn't read or write. I don;t think he would recognise this as a Jet Airways aircraft.

ANA had some of its aircraft painted with Pokemon things in the 90's. The only good thing about it was that my pre-pre-school son loved it,

On the other hand, it might appeal to new branded (brand conscious) Indian travellers. whose brain does not conjure up the normal image of Jet aircraft without the clutter.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Correct.

Much like IT used to do for Malya's non-alcoholic products with the same brand name as their alcoholic ones!
Kingfisher water must be really popular in Gujarat with all the adverts everywhere!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 5:22 pm

I hope they dont get the idea of in cabin advertisement on their A330 and B777 birds...The beauties would be disgraced.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 10:31 pm

It's one thing to advertise / promote your own brand, or another brand from your own "family" (eg: Kingfisher Airlines advertising the beer).

But to take money from anyone willing to pay, basically makes Jet look like Ryanair or a BEST bus.

It seems like Jet have now become such whores, they'll do anything. So third parties have their paid ads on Jet's fuselage, bulkhead, tray tables, magazine, boarding pass, IFE and website (

Not surprising, since they even have a dedicated page on their website titled "Advertise with us".

Who does that... So tacky!

I can see the daily emails in my inbox in the not-too-distant future:

"Now, introducing JetLo: a true paisa-vasool double-whammy if ever there was one. Avail our LoClass and LoTaste offers: wear an LG emblazoned shirt and get 5% off or get your face painted with the the Reliance logo and avail 10% off our LoFares.

Now, go LoClass and LoTaste. All day. Every day. With EasyJetRyan."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.