Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Is 9W service begining to deteriorate?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:04 am
Original Poster

I highly recommended 9W a friend flying to Toronto based on my previous experiences on BOM-BRU-EWR sectors. My friend, usually flies business and had to fly economy this time. He stated it to be his worst experience to date. Basically, F & B quality and the callous attitude of Cabin Crew. An old couple beside him asked for water and they returned half an hour later with one bottle of water( i guess about 300ml) for two. When asked for something to eat/drink in between , the air hostess replied "We'll be serving snacks in a little while". Has anyone had such experiences? I'm a 9W Plat ...wondering if its worth it anymore especially considering more and more flights are JL/JC and the worthless FPP.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by JetSetter9W
I'm a 9W Plat ...wondering if its worth it anymore especially considering more and more flights are JL/JC and the worthless FPP.
Sadly with the mess Kingfisher is in right now there's no other option apart from Jet in the premium segment..
Old Nov 11, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
Sadly with the mess Kingfisher is in right now there's no other option apart from Jet in the premium segment..
THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION!!!!!!

It is called AI

And it's my favorite domestic airline in the country.

And no, I am not an employee, or being otherwise paid for this message

I actually do like the airline...
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:39 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
You bet it is - following Jet not so privelege - their namesake FFP.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JetSetter9W
I highly recommended 9W a friend flying to Toronto based on my previous experiences on BOM-BRU-EWR sectors. My friend, usually flies business and had to fly economy this time. He stated it to be his worst experience to date. Basically, F & B quality and the callous attitude of Cabin Crew. An old couple beside him asked for water and they returned half an hour later with one bottle of water( i guess about 300ml) for two. When asked for something to eat/drink in between , the air hostess replied "We'll be serving snacks in a little while". Has anyone had such experiences? I'm a 9W Plat ...wondering if its worth it anymore especially considering more and more flights are JL/JC and the worthless FPP.
one instance is never enough for someone to give up on an airline....one time or the other i have come across poor service & bad food on 9w, it, ai, aa, ba & dl....you can't stop flying an airline because of one bad flight....
Old Nov 11, 2011, 4:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Beginning to deteriorate? It's deteriorated already -- years ago at that; and no time soon is it going to get better than its heydays of yesteryear.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 12:20 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Keyser
one instance is never enough for someone to give up on an airline....one time or the other i have come across poor service & bad food on 9w, it, ai, aa, ba & dl....you can't stop flying an airline because of one bad flight....
I know you are a big Jet loyalist, as am I - but right now am going through a phase of extreme frustration with them... At over 180 tier points a year on them, I can say without a doubt, their service is declining. Meals are being cut back in Premiere... and the most frustrating part which I know you agree on 100% is JP.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by avm2806
I know you are a big Jet loyalist, as am I - but right now am going through a phase of extreme frustration with them... At over 180 tier points a year on them, I can say without a doubt, their service is declining. Meals are being cut back in Premiere... and the most frustrating part which I know you agree on 100% is JP.
don't get me wrong, i'm not saying jet service has not declined....there is a huge difference from what they used to be 3 years ago & what they are now....

the only point i was trying to make was that one bad flight should not be taken as a criteria for giving up on an airline....even with all of jet's faults i would still fly them over kingfisher or ai or pretty much anyone else....i have found their service on the international sector to be good....maybe not as good as it used to be 3 years ago but good nevertheless....

the jp program on the other hand is a disaster at the moment....they desperately need to turn that around....
Old Nov 12, 2011, 6:00 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by avm2806
+1.

My premiere meals on del-cmb-del were just appalling last week. A single tray with a main and dessert served simultaneously on a 3.5 hour flight. No soup or starter. And the prawn curry main had just 2 prawns!! Bread wasn't offered, so we asked and were told, "oops we forgot to heat it". They then brought it out 15 minutes later when the meal was over and trays were ready to be picked up.

The crew were so indifferent and couldn't care less.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA plat, HH, Marriott Platinum,
What do you like about it? The delays, the cabin interior or the flight crews attitudes? Sorry, just very discouraged.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:40 am

the jp program on the other hand is a disaster at the moment....they desperately need to turn that around....
I think we are both on the same page and equally frustrated as hardcore old school Jet Loyalists with what they are doing now.

I just flew SIN-MAA on VT-JGE (Golf Echo as we call it) - this was one of the old 738's that were used on SIN routes - if you recall they called it the 737 ASEAN, and used to hand out small PEA's in Premiere - and it had a 58 inch seat pitch - one of the best 737's seats I've experienced. Now, its ratty, they've squished seat pitch and restricted recline, which the ergonomics of that seat is not designed for. No entertainment other than a movie playing on the overhead screen and the aircraft seats are falling apart. Filthy storage beside me with used sugar sachet and food left over... have some pics and will do a mini tr soon - but it's really sad what 9W is letting happen.

In spite of this the crew were outstanding, apologetic for the state of the aircraft and the faulty in seat power supply and did their best to make it a great flight.

BTW - I don't know if you heard but PR teams are being disbanded effective 2012 - so no more MAAS and CIP handling...
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:54 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I gave up flying Jet after my last flight in 2009 on their flagship BOM-LHR 9W118. 4-5 consecutive terrible flights were sufficient for me to switch to KFA. These flight experiences varied from "No Veg-Meals" to damaged & delayed baggage, topped with 'No Apology' from the staff. Since then, most flights have been with KFA along with AIC & GoAir.

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
THERE IS ANOTHER OPTION!!!!!!

It is called AI
Agreed. As per my flying experience with them, I would rate AIC higher than JET. ^

Personally, I prefer to fly on A320's as compared to the noisy B737's, especially S2's B737-700's.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
4-5 consecutive terrible flights were sufficient for me to switch
4-5 consecutive terrible flights will be enough to make me switch as well....that's what happened with ba....a number of bad flights in 2009 was enough for me to switch....
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:40 am

Angry More cost cutting

First, they cut out the pre-meal juice / soft drink. Today I discovered that the small bowl of salad has been eliminated. The mouth freshener / mint is also no longer on the tray, you have to ask for it. Portion size of the food has also gone down and the meal has become very carb heavy - I got a bowl full of flavorless rice with a teaspoon of lentils and two small pieces of chicken on the side.

I am struggling to see the difference between the so called full service and carriers like Indigo.

Old Nov 30, 2011, 1:33 pm

Tell me about it! I'd rather pay a few hundred rupees for a decent meal rather than this. Jet has totally lost the plot.

Originally Posted by 678flyer
First, they cut out the pre-meal juice / soft drink. Today I discovered that the small bowl of salad has been eliminated. The mouth freshener / mint is also no longer on the tray, you have to ask for it. Portion size of the food has also gone down and the meal has become very carb heavy - I got a bowl full of flavorless rice with a teaspoon of lentils and two small pieces of chicken on the side.

I am struggling to see the difference between the so called full service and carriers like Indigo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.