Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by rathin100
Actually I found a website www.ratekhoj.com. I see there are also LH and EK cards on offer but the earn rate us best on premiermiles. So thank you, again!
premiermiles has a pretty good earn rate & they often offer bonus miles to transfer to your program of choice....its probably the best airline credit card available in the country at the moment....
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:48 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Besides the JP HDFC CC & JP ICICI CC, I know of the following 3:

* EK CC by StandardChartered
* BA Premium CC by ICICI (OW, also on AMEX)
* Miles & More CC (*A) by IndusIndBank (after they acquired Deutsche Bank's CC division)
One more card is there " ICICI Bank Sapphiro " with - Amex and MC version where you get direct membership to the Gold Elite tier of Flying Blue on purchasing one ticket... with 75K life time fee, you get Apple Macbook Air MC965. The downside is that you earn "payback points" on regular spends which is not useful for airmiles.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:51 am

Hi,

Your best bet would be ' premier miles card '. Standard chartered have the Ek card, however there is expiration of these miles and the earning value is v.v less using this card. It's a complete disaster.They would charge you Rs25000 upfront as card fee and would offer 25000 miles, which is sufficient for one rd trip to Dubai ( you could buy the tickets less than 25k).

ICICI BA card ----- Again 2 miles per Rs 100 or if you go with the most valuable card, the initial payment or the annual fee would make the features look like waste.

Premier miles card have the best value ( apart from jet card, however jet miles are useless for international markets --unless you fly business class on certain route, does have expiration ) --- They don't have any expiration and you could use it for 100 P.M - Rs 50 or transfer it to few FFP with 1:1 ===

The best part --- If you use this card on MMT or Yatra and DO NOT USE COUPON --- You would get complete miles as per 10 miles per Rs100.

I am not sure how many people notice it, but that's a fact.Most of the consolidators fare were charged on your card and thus, you would get miles as per the above criteria.

Thanks and Regards
taran_2005
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:52 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ngblr
One more card is there " ICICI Bank Sapphiro " with - Amex and MC version where you get direct membership to the Gold Elite tier of Flying Blue on purchasing one ticket... with 75K life time fee, you get Apple Macbook Air MC965. The downside is that you earn "payback points" on regular spends which is not useful for airmiles.
Payback can be converted into LH miles, but which are almost useless these days...

How long is the Gold Elite FB tier valid until? Lifetime?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:55 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by taran_2005

The best part --- If you use this card on MMT or Yatra and DO NOT USE COUPON --- You would get complete miles as per 10 miles per Rs100.

I am not sure how many people notice it, but that's a fact.Most of the consolidators fare were charged on your card and thus, you would get miles as per the above criteria.

Thanks and Regards
taran_2005
ar eyou sure about this? I usually don't use consolidators hence asking
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Payback can be converted into LH miles, but which are almost useless these days...

How long is the Gold Elite FB tier valid until? Lifetime?
This is not mentioned on the website. My relationship manager is also not aware since there are few takers for this card.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ngblr
This is not mentioned on the website. My relationship manager is also not aware since there are few takers for this card.
Lifetime is what I was told
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by taran_2005
Hi,

Your best bet would be ' premier miles card '. Standard chartered have the Ek card, however there is expiration of these miles and the earning value is v.v less using this card. It's a complete disaster.They would charge you Rs25000 upfront as card fee and would offer 25000 miles, which is sufficient for one rd trip to Dubai ( you could buy the tickets less than 25k).
Does the Citibank Premier miles card have any joining/ annual fee waiver possibility for elite tiers of airlines or we always need to pay for this ?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 2:44 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Does the Citibank Premier miles card have any joining/ annual fee waiver possibility for elite tiers of airlines or we always need to pay for this ?
no fee waivers. remember, they are 'airline agnoistic'... however 3k is not too much for the jetsetters!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:05 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by A2A
no fee waivers. remember, they are 'airline agnoistic'... however 3k is not too much for the jetsetters!
Agree entirely. However, if one has a significant banking/investment relationship with Citibank, then they do tend to often "forget" charging these fees.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:31 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Agree entirely. However, if one has a significant banking/investment relationship with Citibank, then they do tend to often "forget" charging these fees.
citigold me aapka swagat hai... though i pay the fees purely because i get the miles and it is a cheaper way to get miles than to buy em
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by A2A
citigold me aapka swagat hai... though i pay the fees purely because i get the miles and it is a cheaper way to get miles than to buy em
Indeed! I had to "force" them to charge me the fees in July for that very reason.

I told them they could make up the generosity with extra Mithai at Diwali.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GOLD,Flying Blue Gold,Turkish Elite, Falcon Flyer Gold,Best Western Platinum,Priority club Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
citi guys told me waiver only possible if you are citigold customer
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:03 am
ups

Programs: BAEC, Amex MR
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Indeed! I had to "force" them to charge me the fees in July for that very reason.

I told them they could make up the generosity with extra Mithai at Diwali.
What miles do you get? Is it an annual bonus?
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by ups
What miles do you get? Is it an annual bonus?
Rs 3000 annual fee. 3k miles for renewal annually.

http://www.premiermiles.co.in/Overview.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.