Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
As expected, waitlist has not cleared. Ticketing limit extended until 31/01/2012. Will call back at end of Jan to have it extended further.
as expected....
Old Jan 19, 2012, 5:38 am

I'm trying to get my parents some cards in India (they only have a crappy Kotak card right now). I was thinking of getting them an Amex because they have nice customer service and the MR program doesn't tie you to a particular airline.

Are there any big sign up or spend bonuses on credit cards in India like in the US? The Amex Gold offers the first year free and they offer 1,000 points per month if you make 4 transactions/month above Rs. 250 each. That's 12k a year - not great. I will sign up for it since it's better than what my folks have right now, but it's not very compelling compared to what we can get in the US.

Should I go for something else instead?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
I've recently junked my 9W Cc and brought on the PremierMiles CC. It rocks. I already logged more than 10K Premier Miles on it, and I can use them on 9w, KFA, AI, SQ, CX and TG. or I book using their website.

More details here:

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...iles-in-india/
just got the card last week....bought a return business class ticket to jfk & it will give me 17k premier miles....not bad at all....^^

Last edited by Keyser; Jan 19, 2012 at 11:26 am
Old Jan 19, 2012, 8:15 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Keyser
just got the card last week....bought a return business class ticket to jfk & it will give me a 17k premier miles....not bad at all....^^
booked all my tix for the upcoming US trip on this one, and 25K premier miles in the bag. (though some came from other spend as well)
Old Jan 20, 2012, 2:33 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
can someone guide me, if the Ultima card is worth the 50k per annum..????
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simz
can someone guide me, if the Ultima card is worth the 50k per annum..????
the inr 50k will get you 50k miles & plat status....plus some more benefits that are nice to have but i wouldn't pay for them....if you will be flying jet a lot then its worth it....
Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:53 am

I was looking at switching from the Jet Citibank Platinum card over to the Premier Miles card.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Premier Miles card?

I travel a decent amount, but don't care so much about a particular airline or alliance. And my flying on Jet itself has gone down drastically, since their overall J offering has deteriorated to the point that I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
I was looking at switching from the Jet Citibank Platinum card over to the Premier Miles card.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the Premier Miles card?

I travel a decent amount, but don't care so much about a particular airline or alliance. And my flying on Jet itself has gone down drastically, since their overall J offering has deteriorated to the point that I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.
read post # 9....
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
As expected, waitlist has not cleared. Ticketing limit extended until 31/01/2012. Will call back at end of Jan to have it extended further.
Keyser,

Just to update you, the flight i wanted is now available to book online but it costs 13,400 INR + 52,000miles which i think is an extortionate amount. What i will do is book 2 x BOm-LHR- Y seats for me and the wife and upgrade using 26,000 miles each. Just hope they survive till next January.

Although the cost will be about 50,000 inr + 52,000 miles for both of us, we both get to travel in Kingfisher First and we get some miles back for the booking in Y which hopefully i can bank on AA instead. I think upgrades are of better value than straight miles redemptions.

After reading all the negative reviews on Kingfisher lately, i really did not fancy giving up my SQ A380 J seat.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Keyser,

Just to update you, the flight i wanted is now available to book online but it costs 13,400 INR + 52,000miles which i think is an extortionate amount. What i will do is book 2 x BOm-LHR- Y seats for me and the wife and upgrade using 26,000 miles each. Just hope they survive till next January.

Although the cost will be about 50,000 inr + 52,000 miles for both of us, we both get to travel in Kingfisher First and we get some miles back for the booking in Y which hopefully i can bank on AA instead. I think upgrades are of better value than straight miles redemptions.

After reading all the negative reviews on Kingfisher lately, i really did not fancy giving up my SQ A380 J seat.
thanks for the update....i got my seats as well about 3 weeks ago....i posted in the redemption thread....i thought about upgrading as well but then i had a lot of miles to burn so just went ahead & booked 2 redemption seats....cost me a grand total of 104k points & inr 24,600 for 2 one way tickets....
Old May 6, 2012, 2:36 am
A2A
Original Poster

Mileage earning cards from India

Folks,

I really think I don't earn enough miles with flying (ever!) So plastic money is the next best source. I just started up a new review series on my blog for the various cards out there which would help us with more miles and points in India. Have a look and appreciate your comments (here,there, on email, wherever! )

Here is the link to the first post:http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...d-charge-card/

cheers
Ajay
Old May 6, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Dude, I read your post....with regard to the fraudulent charges pn your AmEx Gold card - where have you been frequenting??

I use my CCs all over the world and have never had a problem...!
Old May 6, 2012, 8:06 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Dude, I read your post....with regard to the fraudulent charges pn your AmEx Gold card - where have you been frequenting??
Well, in the last one year, all the trips have been US/EU only. so nowhere I can put a finger on. it has to be some internet vendor getting compromised and keeping those card numbers unencrypted
Old May 6, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
Well, in the last one year, all the trips have been US/EU only. so nowhere I can put a finger on. it has to be some internet vendor getting compromised and keeping those card numbers unencrypted
In an interest to prevent such issues happening again, I would review which particular places you used it physically, where you allowed the card to be removed from where you could view it being swiped...
Old May 6, 2012, 1:08 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
In an interest to prevent such issues happening again, I would review which particular places you used it physically, where you allowed the card to be removed from where you could view it being swiped...
^ point taken. time to get the old statements retrieved for review

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.