Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI's Dreamliner debut delayed by two months [merged]

AI's Dreamliner debut delayed by two months [merged]

Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
ahh right 'postponed'.... just like the A345
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
ahh right 'postponed'.... just like the A345
Exactly... buit now with IT set to join OW I undertsand there is a co ordinated plan to use these machines being worked out... consistent with the liquor barons financial difficulties, of course ...
Old Sep 8, 2011, 8:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

ehhhmmm... I think when you barely manage to pay your bills, you rather look to sell/barter your options (ie manufacturing slots) to a friendly carrier. I suppose BA will get the slots to ensure a faster delivery of their A380 order.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 1:53 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
ehhhmmm... I think when you barely manage to pay your bills, you rather look to sell/barter your options (ie manufacturing slots) to a friendly carrier. I suppose BA will get the slots to ensure a faster delivery of their A380 order.
Yes exactly, i think its going to be some form of cash flow linked barter from what i undertsand... their revenue projections are up this season so they will be back making an operating profit...
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:21 am
Original Poster

No money to pay for 27 Boeing 787s ordered: Vayalar Ravi

No money to pay for 27 Boeing 787s ordered: Vayalar Ravi

[I]New Delhi: The government's auditor has tabled a report that says Air India is in a financial mess largely because of its extravagant buying and leasing of planes and Civil Aviation Minister Vayalar Ravi admits the national carrier does not have the money to pay for 27 Boeing 787s that it has ordered.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/no...ar-ravi-132441

What about all those bird almost ready @ boeing Field?

Last edited by Babu; Sep 9, 2011 at 9:36 am Reason: copyright violations
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Folks, in accordance with Flyertalk's copyright policies, please cut and paste only the first paragrapgh or 2 when quoting an article, not the entire document.

Thanks,
Babu
Moderator, Airlines of India
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Will take care next time,
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is just one of the reasons why ai is in a financial mess....they really need to get their act together quick....

on a side note, i hope vayalar ravi does a better job at running the civil aviation ministry....i had a bunch of meetings with him when he was minister for overseas indian affairs....seems like a good guy....
Old Sep 9, 2011, 3:59 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
could he tell us something new please. this is something we already knew!!! :P
Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:02 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by rathin100
Yes exactly, i think its going to be some form of cash flow linked barter from what i undertsand... their revenue projections are up this season so they will be back making an operating profit...
And a few days/months/years later, Times now will report how corrupt AI was, to even sell away its plane options and delivery schedules for some cash.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
What a mess AI has become. I see only bad things in this airline's future. Along with the revenue that was supposed to come in from *A membership, they now are unable to establish new nonstop flights.

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; Sep 9, 2011 at 9:35 pm
Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A2A
could he tell us something new please. this is something we already knew!!! :P
+1
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:31 am

Searching for the IT takeover thread I found the following hillarious thread about 777 pilots training for 787 in AI. Note the two camps forming:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far...-take-off.html
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:35 am

The camps are also forming due to the current pay disparity between AI and IA pilots, where the AI pilots gets a hefty salary IA pilots feel like left out because they are paid based on the number of hrs they fly which has dropped down considerably over the years.
Hence there is scramble for 787 training by the IA pilots so as to help push up their number of flying hrs and hence there pay.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Searching for the IT takeover thread I found the following hillarious thread about 777 pilots training for 787 in AI.
Hilarious because AI most likely won't receive 787s?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.