Search

BRU- DEL

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
BRU- DEL

Hi

I am flying BRU - DEL in J on May 20. I know there are 2 configurations and that the only route where the 2-2-2 conf is used is in fact BRU-DEL

I was wondering why people dislike it, how bad the configuration is and where I can check what configuration I will get (As it is an AA award booking I cannot get to see the seat map).

Thanks
Old May 5, 2011, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think this post answers your question very well:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16325254-post5.html
Old May 5, 2011, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser

Thanks Keyser

Will there be turn down service as it is daylight flight?
Old May 5, 2011, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by palermo
Thanks Keyser

Will there be turn down service as it is daylight flight?
if you request it....
Old May 5, 2011, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

if you request it....
Ok, thanks gain. Will give some feedback when I get back. Hopefully I will get the herringbone seats though.

Last experience with Jet Airways was in coach and they lost my luggage for a month. Hopefully this time around will live up to previous experiences in J.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:23 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!

Thank you, I'm honoured.
Old May 6, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
It can be worth nothing that once to twice a week a "9W" config 332 operates BRU-DEL - For example 8 & 13th May flights are now showing 9W configs (note this does not extend to BRU-YYZ VV). There are only 2 ILFC 2-2-2 aircrafts in the system VT-JWD, JWE if I recall correctly.

They are currently dedicated to DEL-BRU-YYZ-BRU-DEL flights only...
Old May 10, 2011, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
It can be worth nothing that once to twice a week a "9W" config 332 operates BRU-DEL - For example 8 & 13th May flights are now showing 9W configs (note this does not extend to BRU-YYZ VV). There are only 2 ILFC 2-2-2 aircrafts in the system VT-JWD, JWE if I recall correctly.

They are currently dedicated to DEL-BRU-YYZ-BRU-DEL flights only...
Thanks avm2806. Worst case scenario I ll be flying Delhi - HGK a few days later in a normal 332 so will be able to compare.

How can I check the configuration?. It is an AA award so I cannot see anything in the 9w website.
Old May 22, 2011, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Just to report on this. The flight was in the normal 1-1-1 configuration. It left 5 hours later but It worked out better for me as i had to take a few calls from work. Glad I was not in economy!

Service was very good to excellent (after a terrible experience with their luggage service around xmas).

Main meal was great. Really really good. Refreshment was kind of a joke. Very small portions and not great testing (I went for the western option for the refreshment and one of the indians for the main). Dessert for the main was outstanding.

Overall a great experience with Jet. I wondered if i were saying the same in economy without the wait in the lounge (facilities/entertainment options in the B gates in BRU are pretty much non-existent). I hope they took care of the people in Y (they are entitled to a meal in EU flights)

Last edited by palermo; May 22, 2011 at 10:39 pm Reason: typo
Old May 23, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It left 5 hours later but It worked out better for me as i had to take a few calls from work.
what was the reason for the delay????
Old May 23, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
Just to report on this. The flight was in the normal 1-1-1 configuration.)
Thats interesting. Expert flyer reported that this flight was the 2-2-2 config. I wonder how they handled the seat changes
Old May 24, 2011, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arjundutt
Thats interesting. Expert flyer reported that this flight was the 2-2-2 config. I wonder how they handled the seat changes
Business was full which surprised me so I am assuming they should have known about the change a while ago. Maybe they use that configuration on Fridays?
Old May 24, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, AA Executive Platinum, AmEx Platinum Card, SPG Platinum
Oh, I REALLY hope so!! I am flying this route on Friday. EF says its only a half full, so I will post back here with info on Saturday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.