Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

What the!! Not one date available for Jet First award

Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat

Just tried searching the entire next 330 days for one seat in Jet First and nada! Not one on any date! DEL-LHR ...?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:06 pm

I called AA about C seats on 9W DEL-LHR and they only make one seat available. Never more than 1.

Does anyone know if they release more than 1 ever? Or if they release more than one after one is booked?
Old May 1, 2011, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
show your support here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-petition.html
Old May 1, 2011, 4:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by abcx
I called AA about C seats on 9W DEL-LHR and they only make one seat available. Never more than 1.

Does anyone know if they release more than 1 ever? Or if they release more than one after one is booked?
2 in C and 2 in Y, normally - for JP members.
Old May 1, 2011, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yep thats the same for AA too. Unless this is a new "recent" change from Jet.
Old May 1, 2011, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr
Hmm. That's interesting. DEL-MXP frequently had two seats available, but I had AA check DEL-LHR for the whole month of July and they could only see one seat for the whole month. I didn't check other months since I was just trying to get an idea.
Old May 1, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Hmm. That's interesting. DEL-MXP frequently had two seats available, but I had AA check DEL-LHR for the whole month of July and they could only see one seat for the whole month. I didn't check other months since I was just trying to get an idea.
Newspaper reports and FA's indicate MXP is going full in the back mostly, and sometimes only in one direction - this is why you might have seen 2 seats in Premiere.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:44 pm

Newspaper reports and FA's indicate MXP is going full in the back mostly, and sometimes only in one direction - this is why you might have seen 2 seats in Premiere.
I'm not surprised. I'm guessing it's going full in the DEL-MXP direction? Wonder if Jet interlines with someone on the other end. To be completely honest, I find their strategy quite bizarre. Of all the places they could start service, Milan? Really? There can't be that much O&D traffic and I don't think they can offer good connections from Milan. (My Dad tells me that they're trying to build Milan as another hub but I don't know where he read this. He says it's because slots and landing/parking costs are lower in Milan, which sort of makes sense I suppose, but again, I don't have numbers.)
Old May 2, 2011, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm not surprised. I'm guessing it's going full in the DEL-MXP direction? Wonder if Jet interlines with someone on the other end. To be completely honest, I find their strategy quite bizarre. Of all the places they could start service, Milan? Really? There can't be that much O&D traffic and I don't think they can offer good connections from Milan. (My Dad tells me that they're trying to build Milan as another hub but I don't know where he read this. He says it's because slots and landing/parking costs are lower in Milan, which sort of makes sense I suppose, but again, I don't have numbers.)
I think they are just trying to open up new markets ex India which haven't been over loaded with the likes of LH/BA and AI.

Whether it does well?
Old May 2, 2011, 12:14 pm

last dec and this jan I booked through aadvantage 2 bus/first tickets at the same time on the route JFK-BRU-chenai return goa-mumbai-bru-jfk
Old May 3, 2011, 2:00 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Alitalia is new 9W partner

Got this in the mail today..
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP.../Alitalia.aspx

Quote '' A fleet of 150 aircraft among the most modern in Europe, nearly 250,000 flights per year and more than 23 million passengers carried. ''
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Spoke to AA and DL again today. AA and DL did not see anything in April and May from DEL-BRU or back in C.

There was one seat available in C on DEL-MXP-DEL and DEL-LHR occasionally in the same time frame. I don't know how you guys are getting 2 seats in C. AA saw one seat, but DL didn't see any though I think I might have just gotten a bad agent at DL.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:38 am

Spoke to AA and DL again today. AA and DL did not see anything in April and May from DEL-BRU or back in C.

There was one seat available in C on DEL-MXP-DEL and DEL-LHR occasionally in the same time frame. I don't know how you guys are getting 2 seats in C. AA saw one seat, but DL didn't see any though I think I might have just gotten a bad agent at DL.
First see if any awards are even available to Jet members.

If not, then they will not even be available to partners.

First of all, it will be *very* rare to find those 2 seats - especially as the number of JP members has grown and are *actively* redeeming their miles - as well as Jet partners buying miles left and right and giving them to non-flying members as well.

Note that Jet's routes are not expanding as rapidly as their membership and/or the number of miles competing for the *same* seats.

Combine that with a possible reduction of award seats (revenue control) due to heavily booked flights nowadays, the seats are rare to come by.

Further, only 1 F award is usually made available.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
these days its difficult to get even one seat....
Old Sep 27, 2011, 9:37 am

First see if any awards are even available to Jet members.

If not, then they will not even be available to partners.

First of all, it will be *very* rare to find those 2 seats - especially as the number of JP members has grown and are *actively* redeeming their miles - as well as Jet partners buying miles left and right and giving them to non-flying members as well.

Note that Jet's routes are not expanding as rapidly as their membership and/or the number of miles competing for the *same* seats.

Combine that with a possible reduction of award seats (revenue control) due to heavily booked flights nowadays, the seats are rare to come by.

I haven't called 9W yet since I don't have any miles on them but I will try Keyser's trick of asking for R to confirm upgrade space.

The reason I don't think 9W is offering 2 seats in C is because it seems very unlikely that most people would redeem only 1 seat (thus leaving another seat for that day).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.