Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kshastry
Thanks. Since a child require its own seat, would the ticket (with AI) cost as much as an adult? or is it a percentage of adult fare? (In that case, I rather wait for few days since prices are fluctuating based I guess on the load factor).
the base fare for a child will be less than the adult fare but the taxes will be the same so at the end of the day the cost will only be a few hundred inr less....
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:46 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
quick question.. not redemption related.. if you re-qualify as silver in a short time frame, do you get one more upgrade voucher ? I made silver in December and I am re-qualifying as Silver next week, so do I get one more upgrade voucher ?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:20 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
quick question.. not redemption related.. if you re-qualify as silver in a short time frame, do you get one more upgrade voucher ? I made silver in December and I am re-qualifying as Silver next week, so do I get one more upgrade voucher ?
your requalified status will be only recognised at the time when your original status expires. so... you will get your voucher then.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:18 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by A2A
your requalified status will be only recognised at the time when your original status expires. so... you will get your voucher then.
Oh man.. Just when I thought I will get another voucher.. so if my re-qualification gets recognized after the original status expires, will my silver status get extended by another year after my original qualification date ? so I originally qualified in December, so my status gets moved again next december ?

And if I qualify for Gold in April, what happens then ? do a get soft landing, considering I had re-qualified for Silver, or its back to Blue Plus, if I dont requalify for gold?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Oh man.. Just when I thought I will get another voucher.. so if my re-qualification gets recognized after the original status expires, will my silver status get extended by another year after my original qualification date ? so I originally qualified in December, so my status gets moved again next december
Yes. It will get renewed for a year in the following December even if you requalified by Feb.

And if I qualify for Gold in April, what happens then ? do a get soft landing, considering I had re-qualified for Silver, or its back to Blue Plus, if I dont requalify for gold?
If you qualified for Silver in 12/17 and then for Gold in 04/18 you will remain Gold through 4/19. If in 4/19 you don’t requalify for Gold you don’t get a soft landing. You’ll get a status depending on how many miles you accumulated from 4/18 to 4/19.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:20 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn

Yes. It will get renewed for a year in the following December even if you requalified by Feb.

If you qualified for Silver in 12/17 and then for Gold in 04/18 you will remain Gold through 4/19. If in 4/19 you don’t requalify for Gold you don’t get a soft landing. You’ll get a status depending on how many miles you accumulated from 4/18 to 4/19.
Got it..
Old Mar 17, 2018, 1:02 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Got it..
Small correction - Jet has what they call - dynamic tier review so even if you don't qualify in the last 12 months you can qualify by meeting the criteria for the past 18 or 24 months.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: None
Any suggestions on using 30k LH miles? 60k Miles are expiring March 31st and want to make an international award booking for 2 around May 20th 2018.
Based out of HYDERABAD - HYD. Open to any international destination. Focusing on Air India destinations as LH has no presence in the 30k regions.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Though the chart shows a lot of countries, most of them are not available.
Azores, Bahrain, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Cameroons, Canary Islands, Cape Verde, Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madeira, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Saudi-Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Consider booking a revenue ticket to SE Asia and upgrading?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: 9WPlat
Hi guys, can anyone suggest me the best way to fly to USA ex-BOM, using JP miles ? I have about 300k.

Cheers.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BOMflyer
Hi guys, can anyone suggest me the best way to fly to USA ex-BOM, using JP miles ? I have about 300k.

Cheers.
Where in USA?
Which class are you looking for? One way or roundtrip?

Last edited by deovrat; Apr 3, 2018 at 11:34 am
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: 9WPlat
Originally Posted by deovrat
Where in USA?
Which class are you looking for? One way or roundtrip?
oops, sorry for the half info,

East coast, roundtrip... preferably First, else the highest class on the aircraft (except the residence)

My initial idea was EY F Apartment one way, and on the return take Delta One Suites ex-DTW. (BOM-SIN-BOM book revenue Y, SIN-AUH-JFK on EY F (789/388), on the return, DTW-NRT-SIN on Delta One (359/767). I'm able to find availability on SIN-JFK on EY, but not on DL. Anyone has any prior experience booking on DL metal using 9W miles ?

Do my one stop itineraries have to be on a single carrier or can I mix and match ? like BOM-AMS on 9W and AMS-xxx on DL ? for single carrier with 1 stop, 9W allows me to use the origin-destination award chart, like SIN-AUH-JFK on EY, I need not pay miles for SIN-AUH + AUH-JFK.

Basically looking for options where the surcharge is low, Delta is one of the lowest for 9W partner carriers.

I'm open to position out of HKG/SIN/BKK or any other country where visa is on arrival or relatively easy/cheap to get.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Oh man.. Just when I thought I will get another voucher.. so if my re-qualification gets recognized after the original status expires, will my silver status get extended by another year after my original qualification date ? so I originally qualified in December, so my status gets moved again next december ?

Re-qualification is judged in a timeframe that begins when you first qualified for that status. So if you qualified for Silver in December 2017, you have until Dec 18 to re-quality, re-qualifying in the middle doesn't matter, your status will be extended until Dec 19 only.

However if you upgrade to Gold in April 2018, you new gold status will be valid until April 2019.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by BADELAYS
Any suggestions on using 30k LH miles? 60k Miles are expiring March 31st and want to make an international award booking for 2 around May 20th 2018.
Based out of HYDERABAD - HYD. Open to any international destination. Focusing on Air India destinations as LH has no presence in the 30k regions.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

Though the chart shows a lot of countries, most of them are not available.
Azores, Bahrain, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, the Cameroons, Canary Islands, Cape Verde, Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Madeira, Mali, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Principe, Saudi-Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates
I think I'm too late with this but here it is anyways.
  • You should focus on higher traffic routes like SIN. DXB, CMB, MLE etc. for international or a domestic destination in the North / North east
  • Use a tool like flightconnections.com - All flights worldwide on a map to see where you can travel direct. That's usually your best best given your time constraints
  • Reposition to BOM/DEL if possible. Your options will open up multi-fold if you do. So for example they might not be award availability on the HYD-BOM leg but there might be space in BOM-DXB
  • LH does offer great value traveling to north & central Africa @ 15k miles one way. If you are adventurous that should be your focus. Otherwise look at traveling to the middle east. But you can make that kind of booking several several months in advance usually
Old Apr 13, 2018, 12:32 am

BOM-LHR-BOM in Y for 85K miles + INR 17392 in taxes, approx 3 weeks out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.