Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Spicejet test pilot loses license after putting 15 year old son in the copilot seat

Spicejet test pilot loses license after putting 15 year old son in the copilot seat

Old Dec 23, 10, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

.. of a 737 on a scheduled passenger run, yet - might have been a bit more excusable (maybe) if it was a positioning flight or test run.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/7142125.cms
Old Dec 23, 10, 8:55 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
.. of a 737 on a scheduled passenger run, yet - might have been a bit more excusable (maybe) if it was a positioning flight or test run.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...ow/7142125.cms

Wonderful what next, i wonder???
Old Dec 23, 10, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA MM EP, DL Plt, QF Gold, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott AMB/LTT, HH Gld, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Contrary to the thread subject, the examiner's son is not 15--the article mentioned another incident where a pilot let his 15-year-old son sit at the controls. While I don't condone what the SpiceJet examiner did, his son does have a commercial pilot's license and is a SpiceJet pilot trainee (and, reading between the lines of the article, is now type-rated in the 737 though he wasn't at the time).

Last edited by merrickdb; Dec 24, 10 at 8:08 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 24, 10, 3:12 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, 9W, AZ, TK, HHonors, BW.
Angry

Repetition of Aeroflot SU593 MOSCOW-HKG???

Looks like Spicejet is busy experimenting it!!
Old Dec 24, 10, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by merrickdb View Post
While I don't condone what the SpiceJet examiner did, his son does have a commercial pilot's licensee and is a SpiceJet pilot trainee (and, reading between the lines of the article, is now type-rated in the 737 though he wasn't at the time).
i agree....cannot condone what he did....

it doesn't matter if he is a trainee or not....if he is not supposed to be sitting there then his father should not have done that....
Old Dec 24, 10, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Ah right. I read that article in a hurry. Yeah the son had a CPL so certainly over 18.

Originally Posted by merrickdb View Post
Contrary to the thread subject, the examiner's son is not 15--the article mentioned another incident where a pilot let his 15-year-old son sit at the controls. While I don't condone what the SpiceJet examiner did, his son does have a commercial pilot's licensee and is a SpiceJet pilot trainee (and, reading between the lines of the article, is now type-rated in the 737 though he wasn't at the time).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: