Old Dec 21, 2022, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Indigo FA loosing it with an India pax:

https://twitter.com/shukla_tarun/sta...80784743186432

Cray cray...
You mean Indian passenger loses it with an Indian FA?

The indications were that this senior FA on the Indigo flight was giving an obnoxious passenger a dose of his own medicine when he was shouting at and insulting junior FAs on this flight because of meal selection/delivery problems.

Given how the male passenger referred to the senior FA in the video as a “servant”, class dynamics seem to be in play along with a failure to realize that shouting at “servants” is no longer as tolerated as used to be the case.

Last quarter I was seeing some flights come up in searches that combined TK and Indigo. Avoided booking it as I just don’t like the idea of flying Indigo to go between IST and DEL.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 6:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Anyone with half a brain understands that the fault is with the pax... in such situation the FAs normally get assistance from the flight deck who asks the pax if he would like to continue his journey or be offloaded at the next diversion airport at his expense. I suppose this was not an option with TK flight crew.

Sadly at LoCos you also tend to have more of a crowd that doesn't know how to behave. But I saw behaviour like this at 5* Hotels in India too....
Old Dec 22, 2022, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I come across similar behavior often enough to know that a great number of people don't know how to behave on a plane (& in general).

A couple of months I politely corrected an elderly gentleman on a DXB AI flight, who would keep calling the male FA 'waiter'. Calling him by snapping his fingers & yelling each time he needed something. This was in business class & it was quite evident that this elderly couple were probably traveling for the first time in their life.

I see bad behavior quite often on the DEL-IXD 6E route that I fly regularly every month. On a recent flight a passenger in his 30s (or maybe early 40s) was sitting across the aisle from me. He would call the FA by yelling out 'aye ladki' & snapping his fingers. He did it some 3-4 times because I lost my cool & yelled at him. This gave encouragement to a few female passengers sitting around us & they joined in & threatened to report his behavior.

Its just a common lack of civic sense & mistaken belief that they are better than the onboard staff.
GUWonder and galaticos like this.
Old Dec 22, 2022, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
I come across similar behavior often enough to know that a great number of people don't know how to behave on a plane (& in general).

A couple of months I politely corrected an elderly gentleman on a DXB AI flight, who would keep calling the male FA 'waiter'. Calling him by snapping his fingers & yelling each time he needed something. This was in business class & it was quite evident that this elderly couple were probably traveling for the first time in their life.

I see bad behavior quite often on the DEL-IXD 6E route that I fly regularly every month. On a recent flight a passenger in his 30s (or maybe early 40s) was sitting across the aisle from me. He would call the FA by yelling out 'aye ladki' & snapping his fingers. He did it some 3-4 times because I lost my cool & yelled at him. This gave encouragement to a few female passengers sitting around us & they joined in & threatened to report his behavior.

Its just a common lack of civic sense & mistaken belief that they are better than the onboard staff.
When I used to fly DEL-SXR a lot during the years when tourists were basically almost completely absent on the flights, there was a generally more calm environment on flights and passengers more respectful than when domestic tourism once again took off and filled up the flights on that route. The attitudes to be encountered at Indian train stations and on Indian trains became much more a part of the air travel experience too as the population being able to afford to fly for leisure travel went from c. 1% of the population to 7+% of the population. Too many people never got around to realizing that the extreme socio-economic disparities evident on the ground at train stations and on trains didn’t hold in the skies; but that shouldn’t be a surprise, as these are mostly also the very same people who don’t believe that all people should be treated with dignity and respect by default.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I hope this FA didn't get in trouble with the airline. Does anyone know?
Old Apr 4, 2023, 11:10 am

Hello all, Not sure where to ask this question..so placing it here:

May have to fly on an Indigo ATR soon. Will a regular sized cabin luggage fit in the overhead bin on those planes? Or do they force everyone to check the cabin luggage at the gate?
Thank you.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 9:25 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Hello all, Not sure where to ask this question..so placing it here:

May have to fly on an Indigo ATR soon. Will a regular sized cabin luggage fit in the overhead bin on those planes? Or do they force everyone to check the cabin luggage at the gate?
Thank you.
Not sure what a regular size is.... but if you have a large roller type bag for instance that just fits into a jet it will be gate checked if it isn't proactively taken away during check-in.
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Not sure what a regular size is.... but if you have a large roller type bag for instance that just fits into a jet it will be gate checked if it isn't proactively taken away during check-in.
I have a roller that is not the american-styled "large" . hopefully they will let me carry it on.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:09 am

I have a roller that is not the american-styled "large" . hopefully they will let me carry it on.
Lol but 24" or around that should be fine
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by rrrikin
Lol but 24" or around that should be fine
thank you!
Yes, LOL...I am tired of seeing those ginormous "carry-ons" some people bring (around the world...but more in the USA).....You can fit a house inside some of those
Old Apr 9, 2023, 9:24 am

thank you!
Yes, LOL...I am tired of seeing those ginormous "carry-ons" some people bring (around the world...but more in the USA).....You can fit a house inside some of those
Agree, Idk what they need and how they get away with it in the states. Plus they carry their coat, books, a purse, and crap separately, like what?
ft4lyf likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:53 am
Suspended

Was there quite a bit of India-US/US-India traffic routed via BEY in the 1970s? I came across records indicating more connections at BEY than I expected from that decade, but no mention of which airlines were amounting for the bulk of those connections.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 18, 2023 at 12:09 pm
Old Jun 18, 2023, 2:12 pm

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Was there quite a bit of India-US/US-India traffic routed via BEY in the 1970s? I came across records indicating more connections at BEY than I expected from that decade, but no mention of which airlines were amounting for the bulk of those connections.
possibly. see here. parent website
GUWonder likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2023, 6:31 am

ETA: Question posted in EK forum.

Last edited by ft4lyf; Oct 31, 2023 at 3:37 pm
Old Nov 8, 2023, 1:48 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
6E expected to ground 30-40 planes early next year. Expect fares to shoot up even further.

Not sure what's SG's situation or if will be around then... let's hope.

https://www.indiatoday.in/business/s...137-2023-11-07

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.