Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just book a AI 0xx flight in the night from BOM to DEL, check the luggage thru and stay on the international end.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:18 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by desi
If one has to catch AY flight out of DEL at 10:30 AM but is in BOM previous day,

q1: even first flight out of BOM will be risky on separate ticket, correct?

q2: does AI still run those middle of night flights (couldn't figure out from their website and search engines don't show it - so most likely answer is no but just checking here)

q3: any hope of doing through checkin with 9W to AY from BOM all the way to HEL? (in which case I can clear security and go to lounge or sleeping pod)

q4: in absence of above, what would you recommend the best option (this is personal travel - not on business expense) about spending night

Let me know if I should post this in main forum rather than chai stall
(have a feeling that same persons are going to end up answering questions anyway )

TIA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just book a AI 0xx flight in the night from BOM to DEL, check the luggage thru and stay on the international end.
As per the current schedules, the last international connector operated by AI from BOM-CSIA T2 is the AI 101 that departs at 21:30 and arrives DEL at 23:45. OTOH, the 1st morning flight into DEL doesnt arrive until 08:00.

I would suggest the AI 101. ^
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thanks for your response.

That was my thinking but can not find those AI international flights servicing BOM_DEL sector in middle of night either through AI web site or via kayak or via makemytrip. (Don't see any flight after 11 pm or before 6 am and they seem to be domestic flights) How do I find them? those middle of nights flights will be ideal in my case.

Also, will AI check my luggage through on FinnAir to HEL?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
As per the current schedules, the last international connector operated by AI from BOM-CSIA T2 is the AI 101 that departs at 21:30 and arrives DEL at 23:45. OTOH, the 1st morning flight into DEL doesnt arrive until 08:00.

I would suggest the AI 101. ^
Thanks. Will look into AI 101.

q1: will it be possible to check bags all the way through on AI for connection to AY (Finn Air) on separate tickets? (allowing me to spend night on ITL side and hence access to lounge/sleeping pod)

q2: Does India allow OLCI and printing of BP? (AY desk will not open until 7:30 AM if I have to exit, collect bags and check-in again in which case I will need some place safe but not expensive to spend night.

thnx
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:41 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
1. Technically yes, but in reality it will depend on getting a motivated check-in agent... which usually means "no."

2. This is not possible for international flights.

As you can see, there is not much of a benefit to using the international connector flight in your situation, although if you want to take no chances with delays, it is probably still the best option. There is a transit hotel at DEL that you can access from the international side, just in case you do find a check-in agent in BOM that can book your luggage all the way to HEL... or you can find your own hotel since you will have to leave the sterile area to collect your bags anyway.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Q2: I OLCIed ou LH flight and got full fledged BPs to self print ex DEL, so I thinks its allowed on international flights, don't know if AY is participating though.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 10:58 pm

So how does DOM to INTL transfer onunrelated non-interlined bags actually work?

1) Fly BOM to DEL on 9W
2) Collect bags

3) <step X for which I need info>

4) Check-in With AY
5) Emigration
6) Security
7) Lounges

In the step 3 above, am I totally out of safe area or just out of sterile area?
(In most Europe/USa airports, in similar situation you are as good as out of terminal but in India since airport terminal itself is controlled, is it possible that while I am out of secure area but still insulated from general public?)

is expensive airport hotel within such insular zone?

if I have to fly in the evening and spend night in some hotel nearby, what is a recommended hotel that balances safety, cleanliness and price)?

bummer - what would have been great day-time flight has turned out to be PIA (seems AI have stopped middle of night BOM-DEL flights altogether)
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:32 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
For most part you can simply transfer within the terminal itself.. thus you will be out of the sterile area (the area after security check) but still be within the confines of the airport (safe area).. you though do have the option of completely stepping out of the airport and stepping back in again at your convenience, as long as you are not checked in..
Old Mar 21, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
How is this possible

http://www.equitybulls.com/admin/new....asp?id=135201
Old Mar 21, 2014, 8:05 am
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by tirajat
"Middle East / Asia / Oceania region".. that's the crux here.. they aren't many decent FFP options in this region, are there..??
Old Mar 21, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
"Middle East / Asia / Oceania region".. that's the crux here.. they aren't many decent FFP options in this region, are there..??
there still are enough that are better than jet....
Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Just a random observation:

Case A: Updating a FFP# in a AI Booking: 2 Mins. 1 Min in the menu and another 1 Min to update. No Wait Time

Case B: Ask about a schedule change in 9W Flight: 40 Mins (No Kidding) in waiting and Gave up. TWICE
Old Apr 2, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
For those interested in sending money from the US to India. Xoom has just started instant transfers to HDFC accounts. This is in addition to the 4 hours transfers to many other banks.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:24 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by UA Fan
For those interested in sending money from the US to India. Xoom has just started instant transfers to HDFC accounts. This is in addition to the 4 hours transfers to many other banks.
I just tried it yesterday.. it was awesome.. it takes me more time to transfer from my Indian ICICI to Indian HDFC (and vice versa)..
Old Apr 3, 2014, 2:17 am

Whats the deal with the INR? Is the election news now pushing it permanently below 60Rs to the US$?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.