Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2013, 4:56 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
need your help guys. havent been able to make up my mind for the last 2 weeks. is redeeming 18000 JP miles and 972 rupees on ixz-maa-bom sector with 2:35 layover in chennai a better deal or buying a ticket on go air for 6800 rupees for same route and only 35 min layover in chennai. help is really appreciated. i will have company on the go air flight too.
I would do the GoAir and upgrade to GoBusiness - well worth it...

Save your Jet miles for an international award or similar type of travel.
Old May 14, 2013, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i'm flying jet from bom-ewr on the 3rd of june....was thinking of leaving del on one of the last flights on the 2nd evening so that i get into bom around 11pm & then head over straight to the international terminal....but if some of the bombay folks (or any neighboring city) here on this board are interested in a mini-do then i could fly in early on the 2nd & we could meet up for dinner....anyone interested????
just a follow up....i'm going to buy my ticket tomorrow so if anyone wants to meet up then please let me know by tomorrow evening otherwise i'll just book the last flight on the 2nd evening....
Old May 14, 2013, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Check out this itinerary for a 30 minute flight if direct....

Old May 17, 2013, 10:26 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
just a follow up....i'm going to buy my ticket tomorrow so if anyone wants to meet up then please let me know by tomorrow evening otherwise i'll just book the last flight on the 2nd evening....
Just saw your post here..tickets sorted already..? Might be in BOM till the 4th..
Old May 18, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by quarryking
Just saw your post here..tickets sorted already..? Might be in BOM till the 4th..
sorry....booked the last flight a couple of days ago....
Old May 18, 2013, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What do you guys think shall I upgrade?

Old May 22, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
For India USA Trips, which carrier still allows 2 Piece Luggage? (with ultimate destination in a Non US gateway, resulting in a domestic leg in USA.

AI does, but only for the west-bound segments. For the return, the First Operating carrier rules apply, resulting in higher Fees.

Any ideas?
Old May 22, 2013, 3:22 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
well onlysuites, why fly direct when you can connect
Old May 22, 2013, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH used to offer 2 bags as an exception ex-India, probably to match the EK/QR/EY offer of two bags in economy to the US.
Old May 22, 2013, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH used to offer 2 bags as an exception ex-India, probably to match the EK/QR/EY offer of two bags in economy to the US.
It still does, but the US Gateway - Final Destination Baggage Charges are not clear. Since US origin flights are not covered under MSC, rather Originating carrier basis, the extra baggage allowance stinks.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:15 pm

How is ANA for DEL-SFO?
Any way to get a Business class cheeeep?
Old May 24, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheIndian
How is ANA for DEL-SFO?
Any way to get a Business class cheeeep?
Flew it two months back. Good service but old style recliner seats.
Old May 24, 2013, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Flew it two months back. Good service but old style recliner seats.
Getting a sweet deal in Eco, 37k one way - That was the attraction.
I checked on the net, no Transit Visa required. Just to confirm that information is accurate?

Any up gradation to Business is possible using miles ?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:19 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Could the veterans kindly give me a hint about the FT regulations (ToS / T&C) with reference to the exchange / barter of Miles? I may be in dire need of domestic miles in the near future and don't know the procedure to approach a transaction.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
Could the veterans kindly give me a hint about the FT regulations (ToS / T&C) with reference to the exchange / barter of Miles? I may be in dire need of domestic miles in the near future and don't know the procedure to approach a transaction.

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest you buy them direct off Jet, with their 40% extra sale on right now that is decent value. Well nothing is decent value with Jet but its the best value you will get for buying JP miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.