Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher: Credit Card bookings (card holder not travelling)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has the answer to this:

I am just about to purchase a couple lhr-bom rtn tickets for my parents on Kingfisher (to build up some miles on our household account for upgrades). Their website mentions that i can purchase the tickets with my credit card but I need to give my parents the card or a copy of the front side so that they can furnish it at check in. (Do they actually check?)

Now does this mean that a simple black and white photo copy of the front side will suffice or as they are an Indian company do they want a notarized copy signed by a local magistrate blah blah blah etc etc etc.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by d3vski
Hi,

I wonder if anyone has the answer to this:

I am just about to purchase a couple lhr-bom rtn tickets for my parents on Kingfisher (to build up some miles on our household account for upgrades). Their website mentions that i can purchase the tickets with my credit card but I need to give my parents the card or a copy of the front side so that they can furnish it at check in. (Do they actually check?)

Now does this mean that a simple black and white photo copy of the front side will suffice or as they are an Indian company do they want a notarized copy signed by a local magistrate blah blah blah etc etc etc.
Checks happen reasonably often, though mostly at random, within India. Not sure outside, but given that origin is LHR, my guess is they will be driven by procedure and so one must presume it will be checked. B&W copy should do.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have done this countless number of times when booking tickets for my family....most of the time they don't check but sometimes they do....i always print out the front copy of the card & write one line at the bottom of the page stating that i have booked the ticket for that person....then i just sign underneath....never had a problem....
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:53 pm
Suspended

I have had the unfortunate experience of a relative being made to pay for a fresh ticket because she did not have a copy of my card, with which it was paid

Since then, I always use an OTA whenever I book an Indian carrier - always works like a charm, without having to provide scraps of paper. Moreover, OTA's are often less expensive than the carriers' own sites!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA Plat, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold Club
just have a copy of the idea and card and youll be fine
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
U need to have the front side xerox of the CC.. sign it and better still write down the pax names and flight details there to avoid any confusion..
Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
....and after all that umming and aaahing, i went with our trusted friends at Southall Travel. £50 cheaper than the kingfisher website for the same flights.

I was tempted to just go ahead with the website as i would have hit the exact amount of miles needed for an upgrade because of the booking and online check in bonus....

....but im now agonizingly only 200 miles short of the figure required for an upgrade!!!!
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
....but im now agonizingly only 200 miles short of the figure required for an upgrade!!!!
call them....if they have a seat available for the upgrade then they will just give you the 200 miles....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.