Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Which is better - Jet Konnect or Kingfisher Red?

Old Oct 19, 10, 11:59 am
Original Poster

I have to make a choice between two flights - Jet Konnect
9W-2391 and Kingfisher Red IT-2406 to fly from Chennai to Bangalore. Please give your suggestions on the above mentioned flights and experiences if any. Also, I would like to know the flight model of 9W-2391. Is it 737 or the ATR one? TIA
Old Oct 19, 10, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft nirunbright....i have always felt jet konnect is a better service than kingfisher red....

there is no 9w 2391 but there is a 9w 2351....in either case, all of the jet konnect flights between maa-blr have the option for jet konnect select (business class) so they cannot be atrs....
Old Oct 19, 10, 5:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K, TK ELPL (*G), BA Gold (OWE), DL GM (ST E+), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
atrs arent too bad.

Its like a 1 hour flight, so you might as well take the cheaper one,
Old Oct 20, 10, 2:23 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
FWIW, for a short flight like MAA-BLR or BOM-GOI, I would go for the one which has the cheapeat fare.. my experience with KF red is better since they give u something to eat/drink in even short duration flights which is good.. BUT KF has been cancelling many flights at short notice lately, so you should be aware of that too..
Old Oct 20, 10, 11:53 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
FWIW, for a short flight like MAA-BLR or BOM-GOI, I would go for the one which has the cheapeat fare.. my experience with KF red is better since they give u something to eat/drink in even short duration flights which is good.. BUT KF has been cancelling many flights at short notice lately, so you should be aware of that too..
True, but do note that most 9W Konnect flights have now been replaced by full service flights.
Old Oct 24, 10, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by abhilife2001 View Post
I second this. In my experience, Kingfisher Red's crews are nicer and more willing to help even on very short flights.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: