Community
Wiki Posts
Search

9W Chennai Lounge Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2010, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

9W Chennai Lounge Question

Are non-status Business Class passengers not allowed access to the Jet Airways Taj lounge in MAA when flying domestic legs?

This page seems to suggest that access is granted only to JP Silver and Gold members

PS. Does it help if I have Flying Blue (ST) Platinum, *A Gold or OW Emerald?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Dont know the answer to your first question. But, in general...status with various alliances will not get you anything with respect to domestic lounges in India....someone else can correct me on this.

Sometimes status may be recognized by individual airlines such as Jet / Kingfisher...but unlikely.

Status with Star/Oneworld/FB, etc will get you some international lounge access during international travel (provided you are flying an airline associated with that alliance)

Also, you can get in to most airport lounges in India for 500INR. Not too bad if you are desperate to kill time in a lounge.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by golmaale
Are non-status Business Class passengers not allowed access to the Jet Airways Taj lounge in MAA when flying domestic legs?

This page seems to suggest that access is granted only to JP Silver and Gold members

PS. Does it help if I have Flying Blue (ST) Platinum, *A Gold or OW Emerald?
The main Taj lounge in MAA on the 2nd floor is a general use lounge, irrespective of airline, at a fee of Rs 500 or so. However, JP Gold and Silver get to use this lounge on a complimentary basis - fee waived. Get out of the elevator and turn right.

There is a separate lounge (connected to the Taj lounge as above), for Biz class pax, and economy pax who are JP Platinum. Get out of the elevator and turn left.

Because 9W doesn't officially have *A or OW membership (but only codeshare or other arrangements with individual airlines), lounge access may be a bit of a problem, if you have neither silver (or above) with them AND you're flying economy.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the clarification, aniruddh77. What does the main Taj lounge offer that the sattelite used for 9W's non-status, Business Class passengers doesn't?

I will be coming from an international flight (ETA ~2AM) to connect with a mid-morning domestic flight. Presumably, check-in will not open at that early hour. Is there any chance of access into the lounge without having checked into the flight? [Just asking, since the lounge appears to be land-side and not air-side.]

Last edited by shonamac; Oct 17, 2010 at 9:36 pm
Old Oct 17, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Dont even try to spend the night at one of those lounges.

Exit the airport and spend the night at the Trident, Le Meridien, Radisson etc about 10 minutes from the airport.

Thanks for the clarification, aniruddh77. What does the main Taj lounge offer that the sattelite used for 9W's non-status, Business Class passengers doesn't?

I will be coming from an international flight (ETA ~2AM) to connect with a mid-morning domestic flight. Presumably, check-in will not open at that early hour. Is there any chance of access into the lounge at that early hour without having checked into the flight? [Just asking, since the lounge appears to be land-side and not air-side.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC, Blue for now.
I thought the only lounge in MAA for domestic departures was the Bica contract lounge, which has paid acess and priority pass entry as well as being used by Kingfisher elites and Kingfisher and Jet Business class pax.

It's a nice enough lounge, with reasonable food... both hot and cold snacks from the buffet and friendly staff.

The lounge is right next to door 1 of the Domestic terminal... after checkin with Jet turn back on yourself and go back towards the entrance to find the lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by hserus
Dont even try to spend the night at one of those lounges.

Exit the airport and spend the night at the Trident, Le Meridien, Radisson etc about 10 minutes from the airport.
Yup..in this situation (with several hours of layover), dont even think of spending that time in the lounge. Just get a hotel. They are all minutes away from the airport exit.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

I will be coming from an international flight (ETA ~2AM) to connect with a mid-morning domestic flight. Presumably, check-in will not open at that early hour. Is there any chance of access into the lounge without having checked into the flight? [Just asking, since the lounge appears to be land-side and not air-side.]
i agree with the others that spending 8-10 hours in the lounge in maa is not a good idea....also, you are right about the fact that check-in will not open so early so in any case you would not have access to the lounge....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.