Kingfisher vs. Jet Airways

Old Oct 21, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by gohan403
9w is way better that kingfisher
^^
Old Oct 24, 2010, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by gohan403
9w is way better that kingfisher
Please be objective. Kingfisher has been awarded a rank of 5 stars, while Jet Airways has been downgraded from 4 to 3 stars. How is Jet way better?????
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by fly747first
Please be objective. Kingfisher has been awarded a rank of 5 stars, while Jet Airways has been downgraded from 4 to 3 stars. How is Jet way better?????
lets see....

jet has more routes than kingfisher....

jet has a better international product than kingfisher....

jet has an amazing first class on their international product, kingfisher does not have a first class....

jet's business class on their international routes is as good as first class on most airlines, while kingfisher's business class is like business class on any other airline....

jet has far better customer service than kingfisher....infact, kingfisher's customer service is a joke....

kingfisher is going through a bit of a financial crisis right now & is cancelling a number of its flights....on the other hand jet is bringing business class service back on their no-frills product....

the jet staff seems to be much better trained than the kingfisher staff....

the only area where kingfisher beats jet is their seat comfort on the domestic route....not saying that jet seats are not comfortable....just kingfishers is a little more....

also, kingfisher has some pretty air hostesses in short skirts on most of their flights....a strong reason why a lot of people rank it higher than jet....

as someone who is on about 120 flights a year combined on both these airlines, i can safely say jet beats kingfisher hands down....it isn't even a close fight....
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by saad
lets see....

jet has more routes than kingfisher....

jet has a better international product than kingfisher....

jet has an amazing first class on their international product, kingfisher does not have a first class....

jet's business class on their international routes is as good as first class on most airlines, while kingfisher's business class is like business class on any other airline....

jet has far better customer service than kingfisher....infact, kingfisher's customer service is a joke....

kingfisher is going through a bit of a financial crisis right now & is cancelling a number of its flights....on the other hand jet is bringing business class service back on their no-frills product....

the jet staff seems to be much better trained than the kingfisher staff....

the only area where kingfisher beats jet is their seat comfort on the domestic route....not saying that jet seats are not comfortable....just kingfishers is a little more....

also, kingfisher has some pretty air hostesses in short skirts on most of their flights....a strong reason why a lot of people rank it higher than jet....

as someone who is on about 120 flights a year combined on both these airlines, i can safely say jet beats kingfisher hands down....it isn't even a close fight....
Of course Jet is bigger, but bigger doesn't mean better. What's your next point, that Continental-United are the finest because they are merging to create the world's largest carrier?

Look at the ratings. Jet's long-haul product is ranked below Kingfisher's. Heck even on domestic flights, Kingfisher is using new Airbus aircraft with IFE screens at every seat versus Jet's filthy 737s.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/IT.htm

http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/9W.htm

Last edited by Babu; Oct 28, 2010 at 7:22 am
Old Oct 24, 2010, 2:34 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
saad,

Does 9W have a bar in the front cabin ala IT? Personally, I thought that feature was super cool when I flew IT. I really did enjoy the experience up front. How does 9W's F experience improve on that, and for that matter, how does 9W's J product beat IT's J? (You seem to think that the ONLY time IT beats 9W is in the back.)

I have some logistics questions for you...

Can one fly 9W F from the USA? I ask, because when searching flights from JFK to DEL/BOM, it will show J fares but not F. Apparently there are no 77W aircraft operating between BRU and the Indian sub-continent?

Regardless, I have a limited amount of miles, and can't afford an F ticket from the US. I could, however, probably afford one from LHR. Is it worth 20,000 AA miles r/t to upgrade from J to F? Unfortunately, if I were to do that, I'd probably have to fly UA's E+ to LHR. (At least I'd be able to fly n/s IAD-LHR as opposed to having to get up to JFK.)

So, just out of curiosity, if you had the following options, what would you do:

1. Fly UA's E+ IAD-LHR, then IT or 9W from LHR to the subcontinent in F.
2. Fly BA IAD-LHR then IT/9W from LHR, all in C. I'd get stuck paying BA's onerous fuel surcharges, and assume AA would issue me an "all partner" award.
3. Fly AA DCA-ORD-DEL all in C.
4. Fly 9W JFK-BRU-subcontinent, all in C.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Of course Jet is bigger, but bigger doesn't mean better. What's your next point, that Continental-United are the finest because they are merging to create the world's largest carrier?
please point me to where i said bigger means better????i said jet has more routes than kingfisher & that is one of the many reasons its a better airline....

Look at the ratings. Jet's long-haul product is ranked below Kingfisher's. Heck even on domestic flights, Kingfisher is using new Airbus aircraft with IFE screens at every seat versus Jet's filthy 737s.

i don't need to look at the ratings....i am on both airlines almost every week....domestic & international....

a person who claims kingfishers long haul product is better than jets has probably never flown both....

& like i said before, on domestic flights kingfisher beats jet in seat comfort....kingfisher may use new airbus aircrafts with ife screens but what good are they if they have to cancle their flights due to not being able to pay for fule, or if you can't reason with their customer service if you are having problems or a bunch of other reasons....jet's customer service is great & they keep adding new routes while kingfisher keeps cutting routes....

just because they have a new aircraft which looks good does not make them a better product....take a look at the number of partners & redemption options jet has over kingfisher....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not just new planes....

while kingisher is struggling with its kingfisher red service, jet has introduced a business class on its jet konnect services....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not just seats with ife screens....

take a look at their ffp....jet allows plats to book any revenue class & then upgrade their tickets using vouchers & miles....kingfisher plats (& others) have to book a higher economy class ticket in order to upgrade using vouchers & miles....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not pretty airhosteses with short skirts....

Last edited by Babu; Oct 28, 2010 at 7:22 am
Old Oct 24, 2010, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DHAST
saad,

Does 9W have a bar in the front cabin ala IT? Personally, I thought that feature was super cool when I flew IT. I really did enjoy the experience up front. How does 9W's F experience improve on that, and for that matter, how does 9W's J product beat IT's J? (You seem to think that the ONLY time IT beats 9W is in the back.)
9w does not have a bar but they do have individual cabins for f passengers while are pretty cool....its like your own little room with a desk & a closet & an amazingly comfortable seat....

i do agree that the bar looks really nice but for someone like me, who doesn't drink, the bar is of no use....

i feel 9w j has more comfortable seats than kingfisher j on their long haul products....nice wide seats & great staff & good food....all better than kingfisher....

its been many years since i flew jet economy on long haul & i have never flown kingfisher economy on long haul, so i wouldn't be able to compare the two....but all the people in my firm who travel economy long haul seem to prefer jet to kingfisher....one of the main reasons is that the ife offering on kingfisher is fairly limited, while its pretty good on jet....

I have some logistics questions for you...

Can one fly 9W F from the USA? I ask, because when searching flights from JFK to DEL/BOM, it will show J fares but not F. Apparently there are no 77W aircraft operating between BRU and the Indian sub-continent?
they shut that down last year....apparently the loads were not good on that route....there is talks of bringing it back sometime in the near future but no one knows when....

Regardless, I have a limited amount of miles, and can't afford an F ticket from the US. I could, however, probably afford one from LHR. Is it worth 20,000 AA miles r/t to upgrade from J to F? Unfortunately, if I were to do that, I'd probably have to fly UA's E+ to LHR. (At least I'd be able to fly n/s IAD-LHR as opposed to having to get up to JFK.)
jet f is definitely worth it....

So, just out of curiosity, if you had the following options, what would you do:

1. Fly UA's E+ IAD-LHR, then IT or 9W from LHR to the subcontinent in F.
2. Fly BA IAD-LHR then IT/9W from LHR, all in C. I'd get stuck paying BA's onerous fuel surcharges, and assume AA would issue me an "all partner" award.
3. Fly AA DCA-ORD-DEL all in C.
4. Fly 9W JFK-BRU-subcontinent, all in C.
i have never flown ua long haul & i don't like ba at all....i am going to let my gold status expire this year....

i fly 9w jfk-bru-del in business atleast 3-4 times a year & i think its a great product....this is the option i would go for....

keep in mind that kingfisher does not have a first class cabin....the cabin they call 'kingfisher first' is actually a business class cabin....
Old Oct 24, 2010, 4:31 pm
Suspended

its not just my opinion but the opinion of most of the people that fly both these airlines....ask the regulars here on ft....how many times have you flown on both these airlines????

please point me to where i said bigger means better????i said jet has more routes than kingfisher & that is one of the many reasons its a better airline....

i don't need to look at the ratings....i am on both airlines almost every week....domestic & international....

a person who claims kingfishers long haul product is better than jets has probably never flown both....

& like i said before, on domestic flights kingfisher beats jet in seat comfort....kingfisher may use new airbus aircrafts with ife screens but what good are they if they have to cancle their flights due to not being able to pay for fule, or if you can't reason with their customer service if you are having problems or a bunch of other reasons....jet's customer service is great & they keep adding new routes while kingfisher keeps cutting routes....

just because they have a new aircraft which looks good does not make them a better product....take a look at the number of partners & redemption options jet has over kingfisher....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not just new planes....

while kingisher is struggling with its kingfisher red service, jet has introduced a business class on its jet konnect services....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not just seats with ife screens....

take a look at their ffp....jet allows plats to book any revenue class & then upgrade their tickets using vouchers & miles....kingfisher plats (& others) have to book a higher economy class ticket in order to upgrade using vouchers & miles....these are all things that go into the making of a good airline....not pretty airhosteses with short skirts....
Bottom line, why is it that IT ranks higher than 9W in pretty much every category? Again, I'm including the following links for your reference:

5-STAR KINGFISHER AIRLINES

3-STAR JET AIRWAYS

Furthermore, throughout 2010, millions of people have felt that Kingfisher is better than Jet Airways:

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Aw...casiaindia.htm

http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Aw...xccentasia.htm

Side note, for many years now, Singapore Airlines has been considered one of the finest airlines (and actually the FINEST to many) in the world and yet it doesn't have a good frequent flyer program. You have made it clear that you despite Kingfisher simply because it doesn't let you upgrade your cheap economy class tickets, but ultimately, that doesn't mean that Kingfisher is worse than Jet Airways.

Last edited by Babu; Oct 28, 2010 at 7:24 am
Old Oct 25, 2010, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the bottom line is this, kingfisher is flashier than jet....always has been....people see shiny objects & pretty things & they like it....jet is more on the quite side....

Side note, for many years now, Singapore Airlines has been considered one of the finest airlines (and actually the FINEST to many) in the world and yet it doesn't have a good frequent flyer program. You have made it clear that you despite Kingfisher simply because it doesn't let you upgrade your cheap economy class tickets, but ultimately, that doesn't mean that Kingfisher is worse than Jet Airways.
the simple fact is this, kingfisher is a good airline....but jet is better....this comes from someone who uses both airlines on a regular basis....not from someone filling out a survey because they traveled once on the airline or haven't traveled at all....

jet has:

more routes....
better customer service....
more partners....
better trained staff....
more miles redemption & earning oppertunities....
a fantastic first class cabin (although on select routes)....
better ffp....
no financial issues....
offer business class even on their no frills service....

kingfisher has:

a better domestic business class product....
offer free meals on their no frills product....
offer live tv on their flights, although very select channels & 50% of the time its pretty bad coverage....
a lot of financial problems which has forced them to cancle a bunch of flights & discontinue some routes....
bad customer service....this is something they really need to improve on....
pretty looking girls as part of their staff but not always the best trained....

all the above reasons combine to make jet a better product than kingfisher....not one of these reasons but all of them combined....

awards that require customers to vote can often be misleading....people read about movie & sport stars traveling on kingfisher, they read about live tv & the fact that kingfisher serves stuff like lobster on their domestic business routes....all of a sudden you have the impression of an amazing airline....little do they know that the movie & sport stars don't pay for their own ticket, the live tv has limited channels & don't work some of the times, even though high end choices like lobster is offered on the menu, 'sorry sir, we are not serving that today' is what you hear most of the time when you want to order it....

at the end of the day, if you want to believe kingfisher has a better product then good for you....now don't go around saying that i despise the airline just because i didn't get to watch the channel i wanted or got to eat lobster....these are just examples....just remember, never judge a book by its cover....on the surface kingfisher looks like the best thing since sliced bread....but once you start using them regularly you will realise they are not all they claim to be....

Last edited by Babu; Oct 28, 2010 at 7:25 am
Old Oct 25, 2010, 10:51 pm
Suspended

the simple fact is this, kingfisher is a good airline....but jet is better....this comes from someone who uses both airlines on a regular basis....not from someone filling out a survey because they traveled once on the airline or haven't traveled at all....

jet has:

more routes....
better customer service....
more partners....
better trained staff....
more miles redemption & earning oppertunities....
a fantastic first class cabin (although on select routes)....
better ffp....
no financial issues....
offer business class even on their no frills service....

kingfisher has:

a better domestic business class product....
offer free meals on their no frills product....
offer live tv on their flights, although very select channels & 50% of the time its pretty bad coverage....
a lot of financial problems which has forced them to cancle a bunch of flights & discontinue some routes....
bad customer service....this is something they really need to improve on....
pretty looking girls as part of their staff but not always the best trained....

all the above reasons combine to make jet a better product than kingfisher....not one of these reasons but all of them combined....

awards that require customers to vote can often be misleading....people read about movie & sport stars traveling on kingfisher, they read about live tv & the fact that kingfisher serves stuff like lobster on their domestic business routes....all of a sudden you have the impression of an amazing airline....little do they know that the movie & sport stars don't pay for their own ticket, the live tv has limited channels & don't work some of the times, even though high end choices like lobster is offered on the menu, 'sorry sir, we are not serving that today' is what you hear most of the time when you want to order it....

at the end of the day, if you want to believe kingfisher has a better product then good for you....now don't go around saying that i despise the airline just because i didn't get to watch the channel i wanted or got to eat lobster....these are just examples....just remember, never judge a book by its cover....on the surface kingfisher looks like the best thing since sliced bread....but once you start using them regularly you will realise they are not all they claim to be....
I have indeed flown both. Domestically, I have frequently traveled between CMB and MAA. Why else would I refer to Jet's 737s as "filthy"?????? Jeez, let's see... because they seem that way compared to Kingfisher's brand-new A320/A321s on the same route.

As for long-haul, I haven't been pleased at all with the J product and service between JFK and BRU with 9W, whereas I have had outstanding experiences flying the good times in IT J between LHR and DEL.

At the end of the day, it's not just me, but pretty much the majority of people in the world who favor IT over 9W. Again, how do you explain IT's 5-star and 9W's 3-star ranks? You keep saying that 9W is better, but unfortunately, ACTUAL RANKS don't match your assessment. FACT: 9W has never been a 5-star airline, lost its former 4-star rank, and right now has the rank of a mediocre 3-star airline.

Last edited by Babu; Oct 28, 2010 at 7:26 am
Old Oct 26, 2010, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have indeed flown both. Domestically, I have frequently traveled between CMB and MAA. Why else would I refer to Jet's 737s as "filthy"?????? Jeez, let's see... because they seem that way compared to Kingfisher's brand-new A320/A321s on the same route.

As for long-haul, I haven't been pleased at all with the J product and service between JFK and BRU with 9W, whereas I have had outstanding experiences flying the good times in IT J between LHR and DEL.

At the end of the day, it's not just me, but pretty much the majority of people in the world who favor IT over 9W. Again, how do you explain IT's 5-star and 9W's 3-star ranks? You keep saying that 9W is better, but unfortunately, ACTUAL RANKS don't match your assessment. FACT: 9W has never been a 5-star airline, lost its former 4-star rank, and right now has the rank of a mediocre 3-star airline.
i'll tell you what....you stick to your opinion & i'll stick to mine....just remember, having brand new planes only makes it a better aircraft, not a better airline....
Old Oct 26, 2010, 7:14 pm
Suspended

i'll tell you what....you stick to your opinion & i'll stick to mine....just remember, having brand new planes only makes it a better aircraft, not a better airline....
Yep and along those lines, a 5-star airline by definition is better than a 3-star competitor.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep and along those lines, a 5-star airline by definition is better than a 3-star competitor.
just remember, voting doesn't always produce the best result....just because you got more votes doesn't mean that you are better....best example is the person who ran the US for the better part of this last decade....
Old Oct 27, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Depends what you are looking for. IT has better seats in economy on their 330'S, 9W is more professional and well established.
IT entertainment is unreliable on 330's... a year ago I would say IT but today with the problems they are having financially go with 9W - more reliable option.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by avm2806
go with 9W - more reliable option.
^^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.