FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   How to search for award availability for 9W? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1134225-how-search-award-availability-9w.html)

pogonation Oct 7, 2010 7:40 am

How to search for award availability for 9W?

Anyone know the answer?

Keyser Oct 7, 2010 7:51 am

have you looked at the website????its pretty easy & the 'redeem jpmiles' button is on the home page....

UA Fan Oct 7, 2010 8:18 am

Originally Posted by saad (Post 14902833)
have you looked at the website????its pretty easy & the 'redeem jpmiles' button is on the home page....

May be OP is finding it difficult due to the minimum # of miles required by JP to allow award searches.

Keyser Oct 7, 2010 9:07 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 14902954)
May be OP is finding it difficult due to the minimum # of miles required by JP to allow award searches.

could be....pogonation, how many miles do you have????

aniruddh77 Oct 8, 2010 10:19 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 14902954)

And of course you can search only if you login, which means you need to have a JP membership that's also activated online.

pogonation Oct 9, 2010 5:43 am

Thanks for the replies guys. It would be part of an itinerary booked through ANA. I do have a JPmiles account with 0 miles in it so I don't think I can search on there. Plus I am not sure if partner award availability is the same as award availability for JPmiles members.

Keyser Oct 9, 2010 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 14914009)
Thanks for the replies guys. It would be part of an itinerary booked through ANA. I do have a JPmiles account with 0 miles in it so I don't think I can search on there. Plus I am not sure if partner award availability is the same as award availability for JPmiles members.

i don't think it is....for a partner award you either have to fill up the online form (available on the website) or call jp....

jeelele Oct 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 14902783)
Anyone know the answer?

Call AA to check 9W availability.

Keyser Oct 12, 2010 3:33 am

Originally Posted by jeelele (Post 14926200)
Call AA to check 9W availability.

it would be quicker to get in touch with jp....

UA Fan Oct 12, 2010 8:48 am

Originally Posted by saad (Post 14929516)
it would be quicker to get in touch with jp....

Does award availability thru AA mirror whats available in jp.com?

Keyser Oct 12, 2010 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan (Post 14930857)
Does award availability thru AA mirror whats available in jp.com?

not sure....but if the op wants to redeem on a 9w flight then it would be quickest to deal directly with 9w....after all, the partner would have to get in touch with 9w to figure out award availability....

jeelele Oct 14, 2010 11:15 am

Originally Posted by saad (Post 14932687)
not sure....but if the op wants to redeem on a 9w flight then it would be quickest to deal directly with 9w....after all, the partner would have to get in touch with 9w to figure out award availability....

Not true in case of AA as they have direct access to 9W availability.

Keyser Oct 14, 2010 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by jeelele (Post 14945452)
Not true in case of AA as they have direct access to 9W availability.

what do you mean by 'direct access to 9W availability'????

after all, its pretty easy to check award availability....but aa won't be able to do anything if 9w showed no available awards....only 9w can open up additional awards on their flights....

d3vski Oct 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by saad (Post 14945883)

after all, its pretty easy to check award availability....but aa won't be able to do anything if 9w showed no available awards....only 9w can open up additional awards on their flights....

....and as soon as 9W open it up, it will be available on AA system....

....but only 9W can waitlist so if they have no awards,they waitlist JP members and as soon as they open up a seat, the waitlist will confirm. AA cannot do that and 9W are not stupid enough to open up extra seats if a JP member is not after it.

Its a very restrictive program to burn if you are non-jp member.

jeelele Oct 15, 2010 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pogonation (Post 14914009)

Originally Posted by saad (Post 14945883)

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 14946107)
....and as soon as 9W open it up, it will be available on AA system....

....but only 9W can waitlist so if they have no awards,they waitlist JP members and as soon as they open up a seat, the waitlist will confirm. AA cannot do that and 9W are not stupid enough to open up extra seats if a JP member is not after it.

Its a very restrictive program to burn if you are non-jp member.

In this particular case, OP is trying to use partner miles (ANA) to book 9W flights and not JP miles and thus wanting to check 9W availability for partners. I stand corrected. Optimum way to achieve this is to call AA who have direct access to 9W's award inventory for partners. If it is available on AA system, it will be available with other 9W partners including ANA.