FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   NYC to Mumbai (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1132101-nyc-mumbai.html)

pas21 Sep 30, 2010 11:28 pm

NYC to Mumbai

Hello all,

I was looking to plan a trip from NYC to Mumbai but am not sure who to fly with. I'm trying to go for the most comfort and convenience for the dollar.

I've narrowed it down to AF Premium Economy, Continental Economy (non-stop) or Qatar Airways economy.

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on any of the three.

I was not sure if this was the right forum to post this question in, my apologies if it is not.

kyunbit Sep 30, 2010 11:40 pm

The Air India flight from EWR to BOM is not bad! In terms of price Etihad is often the cheapest on this route

Keyser Oct 1, 2010 1:00 am

welcome to ft pas21....what rates are you getting on the 3 airlines you mentioned????also, when are you looking to travel????

nbarve Oct 1, 2010 1:01 am

I have flown this route multiple times although I am based in San Francisco - however CO has been THE best so far..in terms of service, price, food, entertainment - all top notch!

pas21 Oct 1, 2010 7:35 am

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome.

I am looking to go in early Feb or maybe late Jan for a week or so. I am not really interested in Air India because I went with them once for this route and it was not a great experience. I like Continental a lot, its just there is not much seat pitch for such a long flight. The nonstop aspect is a plus.

In terms of fares I was getting 1200 something for Continental and 2200 or so for Air France premium economy. I not sure about QA because I think the fare went up.

Any advice would be welcome. I think I should buy soon because it feels like prices are rising.

dgxoxo Oct 1, 2010 7:59 am

I shudder at the thought of 15 hours in Y, but I hear CO n/s service to BOM is nice. With respect to Air France, make sure you check the inventory. I've priced out J class tickets far enough in advance that are actually cheaper than premium economy. With QR, you get a better night of sleep on the first flight due to the length of flight (compared to AF). Some people complain that the service on AF is sterile... but I always find the FAs to be warm (even flirty)... just flash a smile as drop a "bisous bisous" and you'll be fine.

pas21 Oct 1, 2010 8:22 am

I am not quite sure which flight to go with. I know the Continental flight will be uncomfortable. AF business is twice the price of prem economy right now. I'm am wondering if QA is a good mix between CO economy and AF prem economy.

Keyser Oct 2, 2010 5:04 am

Originally Posted by pas21 (Post 14866676)
I am not really interested in Air India because I went with them once for this route and it was not a great experience.

how long ago was that????

abhilife2001 Oct 5, 2010 3:54 am

Originally Posted by kyunbit (Post 14865066)
The Air India flight from EWR to BOM is not bad! In terms of price Etihad is often the cheapest on this route

+1..
try AI and most probably the prices will be on the lower side of ur current range..

avm2806 Nov 1, 2010 2:40 am

AI seats on the new LR's have 34 inch pitch vs. norm of 31-33 and they are now flying new plans on BOM-EWR non stop. From a seat comfort standpoint I would go with them...

Keyser Nov 1, 2010 3:32 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 15050891)
AI seats on the new LR's have 34 inch pitch vs. norm of 31-33 and they are now flying new plans on BOM-EWR non stop. From a seat comfort standpoint I would go with them...

i have heard a lot of good things about the non stop service....if i did not have to stop in london on my way to new york later this month then i would have definitely used this service....