Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Denied Boarding Compensation Entitlement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Denied Boarding Compensation Entitlement

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
In all fairness, Lcc's they clearly say that they r only point-point carriers and r not responsible otherwise and thts a risk all of us take when flying with them.. AA's experience is more surprising..
Right LCC"s cl;early state that, and that they will not transfer your baggage to another airline. That's why, I am reluctant to travel on Air Asia when I have to connect with an other airline.
It depends on individual agents and whether the ticket was validated (issued) by the airline in question. A passenger carrying an AA validated ticket in Biz or F will, generally get good response. But if the AA flight is an add-on to an itinerary validated by another airline, especially, a non U.S. airline, some agents are not willing to cooperate. I have had trouble checking my bags through to DEL in MSY, using NW and AI. This is a form of racism that not many Americans are willing to acknowledge. They will make all sorts of excuses for the culprit.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Was your itinerary, by any chance two separate tickets? The danger about two separate tickets on different airlines is that if you miss the second airline's flight due to delay caused by the first airline, you are out of luck.

However, if the two tickets are bought in conjunction, you are protected. In conjuncted tickets, one airline validates the fare even if there are two separate non partner airlines. Often, conjuncting two tickets raises the farebasis.
I too have travelled o0n two separate tickets on two different airlines, but I am aware of the risks involved. It's very risky at busy times, such as the week before Christmas.
it was one through ticket so ideally either aa or jet should have paid for my hotel room in ny....

aa refused to put me on another flight at iad so that i could make it in time to jfk for my 9w flight....buy the time i got to jfk my international flight was long gone & there was no jet agent to be found....i called jet in india & they immediately put me on the flight leaving the next day....i spoke with aa again at jfk & they again refused to put me up in a hotel....

i paid for the hotel room myself & when i got back to india i took this issue up with jet....i told them that not only did i have to pay for my own hotel room when i was on one through ticket, but i also missed an important day in court which could have been avoided had aa put me on another flight to get to jfk on time....

long story short, jet offered me a free business ticket (good for one year) to the US for my troubles....they had first indicated that i could not transfer it to anyone else but eventually agreed to let my wife use it....this way i took her with me on my next business trip....
Old Aug 23, 2010, 3:23 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by saad
long story short, jet offered me a free business ticket (good for one year) to the US for my troubles....they had first indicated that i could not transfer it to anyone else but eventually agreed to let my wife use it....this way i took her with me on my next business trip....
all well that ends well ..
something like a mastercard advt..
hotel night due to missed flight -- USD xxx
free business class ticket for wife -- priceless
Old Jun 15, 2022, 2:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DGCA defines penalties when denied boarding without alternative:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/92203436.cms
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:09 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
DGCA defines penalties when denied boarding without alternative:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/92203436.cms
I think this is an old rule. There are a few problems with all these DCGA passenger compensation rules.
1. They talk about delays / new flights in 24 hour blocks which is stupid. So if you couldn't get your 8 PM flight and you're booked on a 10 AM next morning flight - technically you're not entitled to any hotel stay. If your flight is delayed for one minute less than 24 hours - the airline is only responsible for providing you meals! How awful is that.
2. In cases of compensation calculated on price of your ticket - award ticket compensation is not at all clear
3. DCGA talks about putting passengers on a flight within an hour - which airline in India has flights to the same destination within an hour (hopping maybe but even that is super unlikely)? Maybe DEL-BOM for a few hours everyday but really that's a called out rule? The rule in itself is not an issue but they can give airlines that grace period but can't make smaller hour blocks to ensure passenger comfort and safety?

End of rant!

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jun 15, 2022 at 4:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.