Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

EWR-BRU on Jet Airways A330 in Business Class

EWR-BRU on Jet Airways A330 in Business Class

Old Apr 9, 2010, 3:34 pm

DEL-BRU-JFK in J

Planning to fly DEL-BRU-JFK on April 21 in J. The aircraft shows 332B for both segments. Does anyone know if this is the old seating configuration? Does this mean no flat beds?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by satish_ny
Planning to fly DEL-BRU-JFK on April 21 in J. The aircraft shows 332B for both segments. Does anyone know if this is the old seating configuration? Does this mean no flat beds?
All of Jets 330's are equipped with full lye flat beds. There are two either still on lease or back with Jet that have 2+2+2 seats facing forward and all the others have seats in the herringbone design.

Like I said you are guaranteed completely flat beds on all of Jets Long Haul products.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Well, in the herringbone configuration, they are flat beds but at a slight incline.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Well, in the herringbone configuration, they are flat beds but at a slight incline.
Inclining which way??

I find that I frequently need to put them up a bit from full flat - as I feel my feet are almost above the level of my head...

Maybe I'm flying too much LH, but I think that my observations above are pretty accurate.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Apr 10, 2010 at 5:42 am
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Inclining which way??

I find that I frequently need to put them up a bit from full flat - as I feel my feet are almost above the level of my head...

Maybe I'm flying too much LH, but I think that my observations above are pretty accurate.
Yep they are fully flat beds.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:05 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
On arrival at BRU, if connecting to BA 9W may or may not let you into their lounge - as officially lounge access is on departing flight. Having said that -
9W staff at BRU lounge are usually flexible enough, especially if you explain that you are flying LHR-BOM that night.
However, the 330 is an identitical seat, and if you are traveling alone, I actually prefer to the 77W in business as due to an absence of First class cabin, the service is often superior on the 330.
At BRU, the BA lounge has much less by way of food offerings, and does not have shower access - (9W has one shower and an agreement with the Diamond lounge to let its PAX shower there - but its the crappiest shower I have experienced at a premium lounge so don't bother). BA lounge is much more serene, less crowded and a more relaxed place to sit.
If 9W gives you lounge access, grab some breakfast there and then go relax in the BA lounge (BRU BA lounge was a pilot for the galleries look, so it is fresh and new).
Enjoy!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I feel my feet are almost above the level of my head...

i know exactly what you mean....i get the same exact feeling....
Old Apr 12, 2010, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by saad
i know exactly what you mean....i get the same exact feeling....
Glad I'm not the only one!

Luckily the seat can compensate for this minimal negative incline while in flight, including the motorized headrest, which can incline on its' own, independent of the seat, which I find very useful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.