Wiki Posts
Search

Last flight to Land

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 1MM, Marriott Plat, SPG gold, Hilton Gold,Avis PS
Last flight to Land

If anyone is interested, Independence 687 from Tampa will be the final flight to arrive in IAD. ETA 9:03pm
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:44 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/IDE687
Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I arrived IAD at 8:50 p.m. last night on an AA flight from LAX.. coming out of the terminal (main) I walked by the DH counter (about 9:20 p.m.)... it was over, they were going home.. hugging and crying.. lots of other airline staff was talking to them.. offering condolences.. on DH staff had the big blue circle sign saying "buh bye" which I guess says it all.. it was really sad
Old Jan 6, 2006, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, United Club Life Member, UA *S
I flew in DH628 IAD-MCO and back on 635. We were running so late (landed just after 8:30pm) that we were supposed to be the last flight. But the Tampa flight was also delayed and became the last one.

But we had a great time coming into IAD anyway. The crew was great. Lots of deadheading crew. Lots of applause for the crew(s). And they emptied the liquor cabinet on the way.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:45 am

Programs: UA1K
emptying the liquor cabinet? at least they went out with a bang! i wish i went over to iad last night. even though i wasn't a big DH fan, their presence was certainly known.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:10 am
Pyg

Programs: All of them
This is really sad. I fly out of HSV and tried to Flyi (pun intended) as much as I could. I really enjoyed everything about their operation. Friendly people, reasonable fares, newer planes, and an all around better atmospehere.

*sigh...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
Glad to hear they went out with dignity - they'll be missed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.