Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I flew my last FlyI flight today

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

As usual excellent service. FAs were visibly shaken -- the one I spoke to most today said she found out from another FA when they arrived in BOS this morning. She said she must have been in denial, as she continued to bring my free Gin & Tonics. They all said they loved working for FlyI and seemed to really feel like it was "their" airline.

So long FlyI. Good luck to those who lost their jobs.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by ScottinHooville
As usual excellent service. FAs were visibly shaken -- the one I spoke to most today said she found out from another FA when they arrived in BOS this morning. She said she must have been in denial, as she continued to bring my free Gin & Tonics. They all said they loved working for FlyI and seemed to really feel like it was "their" airline.

I am on my last DH flight tomorrow, I know the outstation manager by name and thought it would be nice if i could give him a small gift, does anyone have a suggestion?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:27 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
I am on my last DH flight tomorrow, I know the outstation manager by name and thought it would be nice if i could give him a small gift, does anyone have a suggestion?
Being a DH employee myself I can tell you that booze is probably the way to go.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I too flew my last FlyI flight today on a packed A319 and couldn't believe how upbeat and chipper the employees seemed to be. Great service, same as ever. At the end of the flight one F/A announced that it would be the last flight for two crewmembers -- the Captain, who was retiring (not sure if he had planned on it before hand or not) and one of the F/As. Everyone clapped for them and wished them luck on the way out. Most people seemed to know that Thursday would be the airline's last day. But as I walked off, I really was astonished at how upbeat the employees seemed .. I'm not sure that's the attitude I would have in that situation.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by spampurse
Being a DH employee myself I can tell you that booze is probably the way to go.

Alright cool, I just got back from SJU (on DH) a few days ago, so i can spair one of the many bottles of rum I picked up at duty free. Hows Ron Reserve?

spampurse, what did you do for DH?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:47 pm

Alright cool, I just got back from SJU (on DH) a few days ago, so i can spair one of the many bottles of rum I picked up at duty free. Hows Ron Reserve?

How do you get rum at duty free in SJU? SJU isn't an international destination. Just curious.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:53 pm

since its like 50% part of the US and 50% on its own you can buy from a duty free and there is no limit do the $$$ amount. You don't even need to declare it. Which works out great for me cause i am not legal yet in the mainland.

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
How do you get rum at duty free in SJU? SJU isn't an international destination. Just curious.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jkm024
I too flew my last FlyI flight today on a packed A319 and couldn't believe how upbeat and chipper the employees seemed to be. Great service, same as ever. At the end of the flight one F/A announced that it would be the last flight for two crewmembers -- the Captain, who was retiring (not sure if he had planned on it before hand or not) and one of the F/As. Everyone clapped for them and wished them luck on the way out. Most people seemed to know that Thursday would be the airline's last day. But as I walked off, I really was astonished at how upbeat the employees seemed .. I'm not sure that's the attitude I would have in that situation.
I was on that flight with you today from BOS to IAD (seat 1A). I also was on an earlier flight this morning from IAD to BOS, thats the one they were giving out free drinks on.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:08 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
I worked in the system control / dispatch office. March would have been six years with ACA / DH, and I can honestly say it was the funnest place I have ever worked *sigh*.
If you have children and they say they want to grow up and work for an airline, send them to their room and ground them... it is the funnest job they will ever have, but it will break their heart everytime.
Anyway, back to posting that resume...
Old Jan 2, 2006, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by spampurse
I worked in the system control / dispatch office. March would have been six years with ACA / DH, and I can honestly say it was the funnest place I have ever worked *sigh*.
If you have children and they say they want to grow up and work for an airline, send them to their room and ground them... it is the funnest job they will ever have, but it will break their heart everytime.
Anyway, back to posting that resume...
Now for the hard liquor the only concern i have is that they will drink it before they let their last flight out. Anyway, isn't b6 going to need more people with their expansion into IAD and other new cities, does anyone know if they will pick up old DHers?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
ACA was such a subpar airline all around for United.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:43 am

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by CApreppie
ACA was such a subpar airline all around for United.
United got what they paid for wrt to ACA. ALL regional carriers are subpar airlines, and in this revenue climate, if you're not used to it by now, you're in for a rude awakening.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 4:52 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Best gift would be help getting a new job !

Bob H
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:58 am

Sky West is not subpar!

Originally Posted by DHAST
United got what they paid for wrt to ACA. ALL regional carriers are subpar airlines, and in this revenue climate, if you're not used to it by now, you're in for a rude awakening.
I think there is at least one example of a non-subpar regional carrier. I have always had great service on SkyWest with both Delta and United. In fact their inflight service is much better than short haul main line service.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 2:54 pm

Programs: NWA,CO,UAL,AA,SWA

Originally Posted by ScottinHooville

My friend flew last week. He said the service was excellent like if they were going to stay in the business for 10 more years. It's pity that they are not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.