Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

Can't make future reservations -- sign of the end?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if the reservation system is down or if this is a sign of the end -- I just tried to pull up IAD-BOS flights in May (2-4) and June (2-4) and both said there were no flights. I'm of course not actually booking any future flights but the fact that those flights are gone...

I tried March 2-4 and that still pulls up flights.

I'm in CHO so guess I'll be looking at JetBlue out of RIC now. Wish there was a CHO-BOS flight as that's my main destination.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:25 pm

Programs: United 1K
That pretty well sums it up. It looks like the end is next month.
Old Dec 27, 2005, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ScottinHooville
Not sure if the reservation system is down or if this is a sign of the end -- I just tried to pull up IAD-BOS flights in May (2-4) and June (2-4) and both said there were no flights. I'm of course not actually booking any future flights but the fact that those flights are gone...

I tried March 2-4 and that still pulls up flights.

I'm in CHO so guess I'll be looking at JetBlue out of RIC now. Wish there was a CHO-BOS flight as that's my main destination.
We are only accepting reservations through the middle of March b/c we have not released a schedule. It looks like we never will
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DH Employee
We are only accepting reservations through the middle of March b/c we have not released a schedule. It looks like we never will
Normally schedules are released way further in advance than that. Even in March its only showing about 2-3 flights/day between BOS/IAD.

Sorry to see Indy go. It's saved me a ton and I have flown them and not United. I just booked a United flight in April since they are still matching Indy prices ($138/rt) but for June the best deal I found was JetBlue out of RIC (to BOS) (I live in CHO).

I'm flying Indy tomorrow (and again on Jan2), maybe I'll give a gift to the employees to boost their spirits -- I'm sure their rumor mill is spinning even faster than ours.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Apparently, according to an employee of FlyI posting on airliners.net, there seems to have been furlough notices sent out to all FlyI employees. Full thread here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2514800/
Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by slippahs
Apparently, according to an employee of FlyI posting on airliners.net, there seems to have been furlough notices sent out to all FlyI employees. Full thread here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2514800/
Furlough notices were sent out only to unionized employees. (pilots, fa's, mechanics, etc.)
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Originally Posted by DH Employee
Furlough notices were sent out only to unionized employees. (pilots, fa's, mechanics, etc.)
I know not everybody likes this, but I do!!!

F.R.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:03 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

F.R.
Yup! Another case of the unions killing the company!
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:22 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Civility, please.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

F.R.
So you're happy people will be losing their jobs?
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by DHAST
Yup! Another case of the unions killing the company!
I'm no fans of unions, but I don't know of any serious analyst who blames the unions -- rather than management's ludicrous business plan -- in this case. The reason only the union people got the letters is that their contracts require it, while nonunion employees can be shown the door with no notice. And sadly, probably will be soon.

I feel for the employees. I hope those of you chortling never have it happen to you.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:31 pm

The news of the furlough notices hit the local news (WJLA ABC 7) here in DC this evening. They went around interviewing customers who were naturally worried, some of who had upwards of $600 booked in the future on DH.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I'm no fans of unions, but I don't know of any serious analyst who blames the unions -- rather than management's ludicrous business plan -- in this case. The reason only the union people got the letters is that their contracts require it, while nonunion employees can be shown the door with no notice. And sadly, probably will be soon.

I feel for the employees. I hope those of you chortling never have it happen to you.
My comments lacked emoticons; they were made tongue in cheek however. I made them so people could see that despite what the rest of FT thinks, it is obvious that unions aren't always what kills an airline.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by whlinder
The news of the furlough notices hit the local news (WJLA ABC 7) here in DC this evening. They went around interviewing customers who were naturally worried, some of who had upwards of $600 booked in the future on DH.
Well so long as these people paid with credit cards, they should be okay.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Just flew IAD-BOS tonight, definitely heard some pilots talking to the FA's saying things like "well it's been great working with you..." etc. Otherwise flight was excellent, 15 mins early into BOS, etc. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.