Closing 4 cities and reductions to CLT too

Old Dec 16, 05, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz
Original Poster

Closing 4 cities and reductions to CLT too

Independence Air is again cutting its daily flights, including those between Charlotte and its Washington, D.C., hub. Starting the first week in January, the low-fare carrier will offer just two daily flights to Washington's Dulles International Airport, with a third flight on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, according to a schedule on the airline's Web site. The airline now flies the route three times a day, down from the peak of eight times a day this summer.
Old Dec 16, 05, 7:18 pm

Programs: United 1K
Hope they find a buyer soon because there is not much more to cut.
Old Dec 16, 05, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Independence Air is again cutting its daily flights, including those between Charlotte and its Washington, D.C., hub. Starting the first week in January, the low-fare carrier will offer just two daily flights to Washington's Dulles International Airport, with a third flight on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, according to a schedule on the airline's Web site. The airline now flies the route three times a day, down from the peak of eight times a day this summer.
Don't most of the airline start cutting flights after christmas.
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:37 am

Wonder how safe my flights are -- I have a IAD-BOS flight booked (from long ago) for 12/28 returning 1/2. I'm guessing IAD-BOS is going to be one of the last routes they cut... (fingers crossed)
Old Dec 17, 05, 12:16 pm

Programs: United 1K
Safety wise you're fine. FLYi runs a first class maintenance operation.
Old Dec 17, 05, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jaguar
Safety wise you're fine. FLYi runs a first class maintenance operation.
I'm fairly certain that ScottinHooville was not discussing the safety of Flyi or their maintenance standards; I took the post as a question about whether Flyi will still be flying IAD-BOS in two weeks.
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:42 pm

Yup sorry I meant safe as in will my flights be operating -- if I had any question about safety I wouldn't be flying on FLYi.
Old Dec 17, 05, 10:50 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
The End is Near for IndependenceAir.

Search this Thread