Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bankrupt Rumors and CFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2005, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by MSY-MSP
The other thing that has crossed my mind is that FlyI may go the way of TWA. In other words management may be working with another airline to provide the trip through BK with the net result is some of FlyI ending up with another airline, and the rest of the company simply disapearing.
Not likely IMO. TWA had a FF base, a fortress hub at STL, gates in good locations at many airports, and A/C that were of use to AA. If anybody else was interested in what FlyI has, I'd think they'd be better off buying it out of BK than taking over the whole carrier. That goes especially for the employees, many of whom have years of seniority built up at FlyI and Atlantic Coast -- it would be better to pick them up off the unemployment line, let them start over with new hire wages, and avoid integration seniority hassles.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 1:44 pm

TW also had slots and route authorities that were worth something.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm beginning to wonder if FlyI came up with some "stay out of bankruptcy" financing a couple weeks ago. How else has it managed to stay afloat?
Old Oct 28, 2005, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, AA LTP 2MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA
I'm beginning to wonder if FlyI came up with some "stay out of bankruptcy" financing a couple weeks ago. How else has it managed to stay afloat?
The refunded Airbus deposit maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.